Consumer Lab

Welcome to ZTE Labs, where are goal is to bring you closer to our product development lifecycle. We have two major programs within Labs:

1. Beta Lab: recurring beta tests for products within months of public release. Other times, we'll also have beta tests for unreleased software on public devices.

2. Consumer Lab: a series of online survyes and in-person focus groups to gather research across multiple products.

While we typically have over 100+ projects each year, every project has its unique set of requirements. Therefore, we require interested participants to complete the three optional fields in their profile as a prerequisite: gender, birth date, and ethnicity. Check back often for information on upcoming projeccts.

Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Featured User of the Month

onemat onemat

Joined on: January 19, 2017

User's Score: 65

Consumer Lab

Archives for May 2016
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
james
High End Features I've Never Used
If you've owned, or currently own a high end smartphone with serious power, which features have you…
123 in Consumer Lab
Poll
arysyn
Accessibility Project
I wrote an idea earlier I meant to be posted here in this section. I'll try describing this as I di…
in Consumer Lab
arysyn
Audio Preference
This poll is to give the community an idea of each others' audio preferences.This might also be hel…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
jasone
What software do you think should come preinstalled?
When buying from a carrier you usually have no choice. The carrier is going to load it up with junk…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
ericwithcheese
Gorilla Glass or Dragontrail
Was wondering what kind of screen people prefer? I've been noticing the use of Dragontrail glass on…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
mrbigscreen
Modular War
The lg g5 has a removable bottom for its modular design and it looks like the new Moto could be try…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
jtzmax7
What's your favorite android UI?
I like ZTE's and stock a lot but I think LG's looks nice too but tbh i hate touchwiz haha.
in Consumer Lab
Poll
DoppelgangerD
What size smartphone do you REALLY prefer? (vote!)
It's quite obvious that the trend in phone sizes is going upward. AKA: The Phablet Movement. Most …
12...45 in Consumer Lab
Poll
sshasan
How Do You Mobile?
We’re back at it again in Consumer Labs with an all new survey. This time, we want to know, “How Do…
12 in Consumer Lab
sshasan
How Long Should A Phone Manufacturer Be Held Accountable For Providing Updates To Their Flagship Dev
Flagship devices aren't cheap and we can sometimes end up paying a small fortune for them. Yes, the…
1234 in Consumer Lab
Poll
Aerospaceman
Children's Smart Watch...
Ok, this is the ZTE Consumer Lab, and we need your help.  This is a different idea and not meant fo…
in Consumer Lab
sshasan
We’ve become obsessed with sharing...
The Z-Community Team has been talking a lot lately about sharing and we mean sharing everything! We…
123 in Consumer Lab
frodriguez2010
How do you utilize your Mobile Device?
Hello everyone,While I was on a trip recently I noticed that I use my mobile device as a balanced t…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
leternalzl
What Android Firmware do you have?
Just wondering how many people are updated to the latest Android Firmware on their devices. I know …
in Consumer Lab
Poll
frodriguez2010
What is your method for Securing Your Phone
With all the options available to securing your phone, which method do you utilize?I thought it wou…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
petershih
Welcome to the Consumer Lab [READ ME FIRST]
Welcome to our Consumer Lab program! Here's a brief deck to provide an overview of our purpose a…
in Consumer Lab
petershih
Smartphone Features Survey [May 4, 2016]
We are delighted to kick off our second Research Labs project of the week! Although it is not commo…
in Consumer Lab
catman25
What version of Android do you use currently?
Looking to see who uses what... I currently use lollipop only due to not yet rooting and flashing t…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
mtwaldman
Expandable phone that unfolds to a tablet
I would love to see a phone that expands to be a tablet.  Wonder what other people think of the nex…
in Consumer Lab
Question
AmyXie
Mobile Product Usage Survey [May 3, 2016]
Welcome all to our first Research Labs project! You are invited to participate in a Mobile Produ…
12 in Consumer Lab