Consumer Lab

Welcome to ZTE Labs, where are goal is to bring you closer to our product development lifecycle. We have two major programs within Labs:

1. Beta Lab: recurring beta tests for products within months of public release. Other times, we'll also have beta tests for unreleased software on public devices.

2. Consumer Lab: a series of online survyes and in-person focus groups to gather research across multiple products.

While we typically have over 100+ projects each year, every project has its unique set of requirements. Therefore, we require interested participants to complete the three optional fields in their profile as a prerequisite: gender, birth date, and ethnicity. Check back often for information on upcoming projeccts.

Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Featured User of the Month

onemat onemat

Joined on: January 19, 2017

User's Score: 71

Consumer Lab

Archives for June 2016
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
sshasan
How do you use mobile payments?
You see it everywhere these days... Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay But is it here to stay? …
12 in Consumer Lab
Aerospaceman
What is a rear camera on a tablet worth to you?
How much more would you pay for a tablet to have a 5MP rear camera instead of the same tablet witho…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
Aerospaceman
Do you like having a rear camera on a tablet?
This week the CL team is interesting in your thoughts on tablets with rear cameras.  The CL team is…
in Consumer Lab
Aerospaceman
Do you own or have you used a water resistant device?
Hello again!!  This time the Consumer Lab team would like to pick your brain on Water Resistant dev…
123 in Consumer Lab
flybri
Do More Android Phone Manufacturers Need to Bring Back a Removable Battery?
Let me know whether or not you feel a removable/swappable battery should make a comeback on more An…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
musicdjm
Do you like the Snapdragon series or do you wish ZTE would use another SOC?
Do you like the performance of the snap dragon series or do you wish that ZTE would us another SoC?
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
barbosas
Where do you think is the best location for a Fingerprint Sensor?
Do you think the front of the phone, back of the phone or on the side like the Sony Xperia Z5.I per…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
ryano'connor
Single feature on new Nexus to tip the scale?
Is there any single feature that would tip the scale and cause you to buy the new Nexus?  Vote belo…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
kimberlybrookes
Colors You Want Offered in a Smartphone (Excluding the Traditional Gold, Silver, and Dark Gray)
If a smartphone manufacturer were to offer other colors in addition to the standard Gold, Silver, a…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
Aerospaceman
Share your VR experience with the Consumer Lab team.
We know that there has been a lot of talk in the forums about VR, but the Consumer Lab team wants t…
12 in Consumer Lab
westside80
LCD or Amoled
The 6p was my first Amoled phone. At first it took some getting used to but now I am sold. Amoled i…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
02busa
Is a lack of Micro SD expandability a deal breaker for you?
I personally like having micro sd expansion, and not being constrained by not having it. What you y…
12...45 in Consumer Lab
Poll
kennedy0201
How many apps do you download on your device per month?
Studies have shown that people are no longer downloading new apps and the average number of apps do…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
rkp
What is the budget range for your next smartphone
Amount you are ready to spend for your next smartphone & accessories
in Consumer Lab
Poll
aerorunner
The Future of the Phone
As new technology is developed screens will be able to do some very cool things such as roll or fol…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
aerorunner
How Big is Too Big For a Phone?
A few years ago I saw a galaxy note and said wow that thing is massive!  As this sizing is becoming…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
aerorunner
Phone Use
What do you use your phone for the majority of the time? 
in Consumer Lab
Poll
aerorunner
Slimmer phone or bigger battery?
While I'd much rather give up a little slimness for more battery life, I know that manufacturers an…
123 in Consumer Lab
Poll
mrjlwilliams
Does the weight of a phone play a part in your purchase?
The Axon 7 weighs about 185g, and that is a little bit heavier than some other phones.  However, if…
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
02busa
What launcher(s) do you use the most?
Which launchers do you use? I tend to stick to Nova Pro or Google Now Launcher. Comment below with …
123 in Consumer Lab
Poll
kennedy0201
What is the selling point for you on a new electronic (Phone or Tablet)?
With all of the iPhone and Axon talk, I was wondering what people really looked at in searching for…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
02busa
Top or Bottom 3.5mm Headphone Jack or USB-C port? Do you want both?
Where do you like the 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Top or Bottom? Or do you want to use your headphones vi…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
02busa
Fingerprint sensor location
Where do you prefer the Fingerprint sensor? Front, Back, or Side?I've had devices with them on fron…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
dasm1078
Will you miss the standard audio jack?
Seems like a lot of Manufacturers are getting rid of the standard audio jack I know ZTE hasn't done…
123 in Consumer Lab
Poll
Aerospaceman
Does the fingerprint sensor on your current Smartphone meet your needs?
The Consumer Lab would like to know your answer..  Do you have any reservations or concerns when us…
12...45 in Consumer Lab
kimberlybrookes
Metal Uni-Body or Wireless Charging
So far there is no way to have both a uni-body metal device while also having wireless charging. Wh…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
fzrrich
Future of VR Headsets
I'm curious to see where this community thinks VR technology is heading in terms of the  form facto…
in Consumer Lab
Poll
fzrrich
OIS front facing camera for ZTE's next phone?
The newly released  HTC 10 was the first smartphone to introduce optical image stabilization (OIS) …
12 in Consumer Lab
Poll
kimberlybrookes
Design Focused (Aesthetics/Ergonomics) VS Battery Life/Features Focused
What do you as a consumer want manufactures to focus on when designing their devices, battery life …
in Consumer Lab
Poll
frodriguez2010
How do you BackUp your Device
If you are like me and transition your phone from one to another and another. You tend to lose some…
in Consumer Lab
Poll