ZMAX

Get answers to your ZTE ZMAX smartphone questions.

Welcome to ZTE Labs, where are goal is to bring you closer to our product development lifecycle. We have two major programs within Labs:

1. Beta Lab: recurring beta tests for products within months of public release. Other times, we'll also have beta tests for unreleased software on public devices.

2. Consumer Lab: a series of online survyes and in-person focus groups to gather research across multiple products.

While we typically have over 100+ projects each year, every project has its unique set of requirements. Therefore, we require interested participants to complete the three optional fields in their profile as a prerequisite: gender, birth date, and ethnicity. Check back often for information on upcoming projeccts.

Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Featured User of the Month

onemat onemat

Joined on: January 19, 2017

User's Score: 56

ZMAX

Archives for January 2017
Discussion
Started By
Replies
Views
Most Recent
blknight373
Help with update to b14 metropcs Status 8
I have a ZMAX Pro that has an update for b14. When i try tu UOA it aborts the update and says statu…
in ZMAX
crashsuit
[Zmax Pro] [feature request] change default page on home screen
It would be nice if there was a way to change which of the home screen pages was the default one. W…
in ZMAX
Question
tamelion1117
How do I change just the lock screen wallpaper?
I have the ZTE Zmax Pro (Metro PCS variant) and I was looking through the lock screen settings and …
in ZMAX
Answered
guruyoudodo8
AM I THE ONLY ONE?
Been a member since October 2016.  I registered for the free leather case OFFER ad got a confirmati…
in ZMAX
Question
tamelion1117
How is your data service (for those of you on Metro PCS with the Zmax Pro)
This might have already been asked, but I am curious to know who among my fellow Zmax Pro users has…
in ZMAX
Poll
klauspabst
System Update
I received a OTA today it downloaded but will not install!When I click the install button it doesn'…
in ZMAX
kiloandgizmo
wifi hotspot not working
anybody else with the new update on metro notice that hotspot not broadcasting.
in ZMAX
chrisulm
Zmax2 - Marshmallow - System UI Tuner
Has System UI Tuner been blocked on this device? I've followed this guide​​ (long pressing the gear…
in ZMAX
robsmith1359
Zmax2 just updated, now that aux volume output is super low. Is there any fix??
I have tried messing with the pre-installed dolby audio app and such and can't get anything to work…
in ZMAX
Question
agrima7phone@gmail.com
Root ZTE ZMAX pro
This would be an awesome area to explore if we were able to unlock bootloader and open the device t…
in ZMAX
ahmadaamer6
ZMAX PRO video calling button grayed out in phone dialer...
I can't dial someones number and click the video calling button to start a video call. I need to ha…
in ZMAX
Answered
phonenewbie
Question on the home screen Zmax Pro
Hi Just a quick question. What is this on the home screen/drop down menu? Looks like a profile whi…
in ZMAX
thepokemask
ZTE Zmax Pro file manager crashing when moving photos from phone to sd card
When ever i move my photos from my phone to my scard it wont work what do i do to tranfer my photos…
in ZMAX
matreyuc
Zmax Pro (Z981) Root
Spoke to someone on support chat today who told me she can put a request in for the R&D departm…
12 in ZMAX
skyethur
MetroPCS B14 new update glitch
So I updated my device to new firmware and I quickly noticed my Wifi-calling is going in and out wi…
in ZMAX
jbigs007
New Software Update
Was there a new update for the ZMAX Pro? I woke up this morning and there was a software update (bu…
in ZMAX
Question
skyethur
Battery percentage..
Is there any way we can turn on and off the battery percentage? it really takes up space on the not…
in ZMAX
snn5
After B09 --- Issues that are Resolved
I find that the predictive text now works as well as MMS sent/received over WiFi. I factory reset …
in ZMAX
snn5
After B09 --- Issues that Persist
1...I am experiencing an issue with the screen not coming on/going off during a call where the prox…
in ZMAX
freddiez
Please List Improvements/ Changes on B14
For those who have installed OTA update, please list your perceived changes . Not rolled out here y…
in ZMAX
mrs1902
Does anyone know what the deal is?
my phone just got a SECURITY ERROR and its a white screen with and red dot and it says--this phone …
in ZMAX
Answered
snn5
Will there be a changelog for the B09 update?
I just received the B09 update for T-Mobile.  Is there any info about what was changed, added, remo…
in ZMAX
Answered
yolie562
problems check for update on zte zmax pro
been trying to checking for update but got this message
12 in ZMAX
jshholcomb
Zmax pro beta???
Just heard about this. I need to be involved. I need the beta. I have been an Android junkie for ye…
in ZMAX
daddy-o
Keep getting this message (Ufortunately, Phone has stopped.) my phone app is not responding what can
I keep getting this message (Unfortunately, Phone has stopped.) my phone app is not responding what…
in ZMAX
Question
batman101
Custom Launcher
Does anyone use a custom launcher, and if so what kind.
in ZMAX
Question
mjf042
Yellow/orange spot on left side top of screen
I just started seeing a small line that is yellow/orange on the top left side of my screen and it's…
in ZMAX
Question
eizthizz
Nougat
Has anybody been approved for the nougat beta testing
in ZMAX
ninjaassistant
Multiple Calendar Appointments
Hi!  I had the IT department set up my phone to receive my work email and calendar.  Some calendar …
in ZMAX
Question
wills1983
Zmax Pro come on!
Some things like about the zmax pro are Screen size, resolution, gyro, vr, Not so bloated stock And…
in ZMAX