Cases for the Axon 7

gokugoku California, USAPosts: 9

Getting a case for a phone is subjective to opinions. Some people prefer it, some people do not. I always put a case on my phones.

I was looking at some cases on Amazon for the axon 7 and they looked very cheap. Do these look good?

Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 7 Case, J&D [Drop Protection] [Slim Cushion] [Lightweight Bumper] Shock Resistant Protective Slim C…

Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 2 Case, ZTE Axon 7 Case, TownShop Black Heavy Duty Dual Layer Armored Hybrid Case Cover For ZTE Axo…

Will you be using a case? Please comment your best findings below.

Comments

• Both of the cases will give pretty good protection it seems, but the case depends on what you like. If you are pretty careful with your phone and drops are rare occurrences, then definitely get the first one. It's also better if you like to keep your phone thin. I have a case pretty similar on my Find 7a but just keep in mind that the matte back is prone to scratches and there's probably gonna be a lot of it whether it be from your nails or something small like sand rubbing on it (but it really isn't that noticeable unless you drag something sharp with A LOT of pressure but just remember that they are there). But I don't know if it's necessary to buy this since this is pretty similar to the clear case that comes in the box so I'd just use that one.

The second looks super durable. I remember being in charge for getting a case for my dad's old phone and I got one like that and it was impossible to do anything to the phone. Hopefully your daily phone usage doesn't include what happened in the drop tests I did after that phone "retired" from my dad's daily driver

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I just ordered the TownShip Dual Layer Armored case. I see it how holds up in build quality.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• Getting this from ebay unless nothing else comes up

s-l1600.jpg

For ZTE Axon 7 Case Hard Back Soft Bumper Hybrid Slim Cover | eBay

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Nevermind Township build quality is terrible so I went with the J&D TPU Case.

Hopefully, these following cell phone case manufactures make a case for the Axon 7:

1. Speck
    2. Spigen
    3. UAG (Urban Armor Gear)
    4. Otterbox

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• jacktheman18jacktheman18 Posts: 43 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a case with an integrated belt clip/holster (I currently use SEIDIO).

Anyone know of such a case?

• I'm really hoping Boxwave makes some cases. Especially a folio case. I have one from them for my Nexus 6 and it's a really great case. Protects surprisingly well. too. Not long after getting the case, someone at work was being dumb and flailing his arms around and knocked my phone in the case out of my hand and it landed on a ceramic tiled floor face first about 4 feet. The case was flipped open too because I was using it. The phone was perfectly fine. https://www.amazon.com/BoxWave%C2%AE-Leather-Protective-Synthetic-Folding/dp/B00Q7F53JA Expensive, but worth it.

• mcanicmcanic The NetherlandsPosts: 106

That leather case is what I ordered also.

And I ordered this one 5.3 5.7 Inch Phone Pouch Leather Wallet Case For Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Note 4 Note 5 A7 A8 E7 J7 Card Holder Fashion Ba…  Don't know for sure if it fits but I think so because the size is almost identical:

ZTE Axon 7:                              5.97 x 2.95 x 0.31 inches (151.7 x 75 x 7.9 mm)

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge+:     5.94 x 2.86 x 0.30 inches (150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm)

I don't like my phone to be stuck in a case, I want to be able to hold it without a case.

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that, think I may be getting it.

• Dude, that Captain America case is awesome. One Piece looks great.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Axon 7 will come with a case.

• Thanks for listing these case manufactures,  this is helpful. I  have my doubts with the ones currently sold on Amazon. I had bad experience with Evocel case it protective backing is falling apart. My wife's otterbox it is built to last.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty sweet case...

• vzwcdmavzwcdma Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

I'm not a huge fan of J&D cases. While the matte back of their cases feels nice, they don't tend to "fit" phones too well.  I've used their basic TPU cases on two totally different phones, and on both, they would cover the outer rim of the screen fine on the right and top sides, but halfway down the left side and most of the bottom side, I would see the color of the phone's body sticking through.

I'll probably stick with the included case until a better fitting slim TPU case (preferably a Cimo "X" case) becomes available.

• jabird101jabird101 Cleveland, OH, USAPosts: 225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just started looking for a case aw well.  Wow some of these cases are so freaking thick.  It would really prevent me from putting it in my pocket.  Besides that the depth from the front of the bumper to the screen looks like some are 5 millimeters or more, this is nearly a quarter inch.  I have carried phones since the mid 90s when I gave up my bag phone, and never really dropped one.  I just want something that gives a little grip and keeps the scratches and dings down.  The JD case isn't bad.  I have one on my work iPhone and it is not slippery in the hand, yet slides in and out of my pocket without having to pull the pocket fabric out stuck to it.  The mold lines on the sides are a bit rough, but I one of my wife's emery boards and just smoothed it out, don't tell her.  I would think these ZTE units are better, since the mold is new and not all worn out like the one for the iphone 6/6s seems to be.  I will wait a few more weeks since I went gray, and see if any new cases come out.  If nothing interesting comes along I may just have to walk around naked util I find a good thin case. 

I bought the black J&D case just because I like the look of black and gold together.  That, along with the included clear case will hold me over until I find something I like more. The Boxwave case that ​ mentioned above has me really intrigued. Doesn't look to bulky for a case of that style.  Hopefully they make one for the A7!

That would be a good look. Very classic black and gold. 

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

I REALLY REALLY like that black bumper on the Gold Axon, just bought one. THANK YOU ​ for the great find

• rczriderrczrider AshevillePosts: 352

I'm getting a standard black TPU case from AliExpress for $1.  Pretty much the same thing I've had on every phone I've owned.  Already ordered so it will be here when my gray arrives.

Now that I have seen the Unboxing of a few phones, I have an even less expensive idea.  Use the one that comes with the phone!. I completely forgot that it comes with a clear case.  I prefer purple, but I can go clear for a while. 

I am using the one that came with it even though I bought the J&D one on Amazon.  I really like the look and feel of it better!

• osmosizosmosiz USA - NJPosts: 250

Same.  The j&d one doesn't quite match the microphone holes either.  But I like the look and feel of the one that came with the phone.  Also that gold color ain't all that bad honestly

• darkwatersdarkwaters Naples , Florida Posts: 52 ✭✭✭✭

Check out Ebay they've got some nice somewhat limited Supply

I like the gold more than I thought I would!

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I contacted LIVE Chat yesterday to order a clear case, because I ordered the from Canada (newegg.ca) and I wanted the clear case like the early pre-order. They confirmed me that all phone comes with a clear case and protective film.

• So I figure this belongs here. I know a lot of people don't like them, but battery cases can be handy to have when you have a long day ahead with no options for a charge. I use them occasionally (obviously not all the time). I reached out to ZeroLemon to see if they planned to make one for the Axon 7 but they said no. Another cool thing to have for certain situations is a waterproof case. I hope the Axon 7 gets enough popularity for a good accessory market.

• nibiru2012nibiru2012 Austin TXPosts: 343 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought the following from Ebay.  Very inexpensive and I'll see how it works when I get the phone in two weeks or so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZTE-Axon-7-Case-Hybrid-Rugged-Rubber-Shockproof-Hard-Protective-Cover-Skin-/282115689466?var=&hash=item874acf0614

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,555 mod

Hey Guys want To Take a  Little Break??? Join us at 8PM for Trivia, and tons of fun. Get to hang out with some cool members and have a chance to Win $100 off the purchase of Spro2 wifi, see link for detailed

• darkwatersdarkwaters Naples , Florida Posts: 52 ✭✭✭✭

I'm definitely getting in on some of it ,have to get up at 3:30 in the morning ,that work thing! I thought there was a webinar tonight I guess I was mistaken?