Cases for the Axon 7

Comments

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought the teal version and I LOVE it. It has protected it so far. The case does come up a little bit on the front (raised edges), but its good enough for me and was cheap.

• gokugoku California, USAPosts: 9

does this one have a good lip on the front for drop protection on the screen?

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bought a screen protector for the Axon 7 and its awful. It wasn't cheap either. With the curved edges I knew it would not cover the entire screen, but this protector doesn't even come close to covering a fair amount of the screen. For what it covers, it created an air pocket border around the entire protecter, including the top and bottom where there are not round edges. When I contacted the seller, they apologized and admitted it wasn't cut exactly for the axon 7. If buying on Amazon, I would be wary about which seller you purchase it from and check the reviews. If the product does not have reviews, I would keep looking because price was not a good indicator of quality on my purchase.

• logix225logix225 United StatesPosts: 112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received this message from spigen.

Hey Wade, thank you for your patience. We've just confirmed that only Rugged Armor will be launching due to its low demand. Launch date is still to come so we hope to keep you posted!

hoping axon 7 doesn't get plagued with just tpu cases...... i really will ended up having to switch phones.  good cases to me are just as important to me. ;.;  I love this phone though.

• OnePlus 3 Case Rugged Armor – Spigen Inc.

That's okay. Rugged Armor looks the best. Neo Hybrid is solid too, but it's a bit pricey in comparison.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Cases From Spigen - YouTube

Here's a video from Flossy that covers Spigen Cases on the S7 Edge.

if those are the only ones they are making then i would take the rugged one.  I'll most likely buy their case and poetics.

• Poetic Revolution Cases for Axon 7 are up on their site! Don't seem to be any pictures of it up yet, I imagine it's much like the revolution for other phones such as the one plus 3. Says it adds water protection and dust protection, wonder how this works with the speaker grills. Maybe someone who's owned a revolution case with a phone that has front facing speakers can chime in.

You can find them here http://www.poeticcases.com/search?q=axon&Sid=true&As=true

3 different colors. Black, Blue/Gray, Pink/Gray for $16.95 plus shipping.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,253 mod

Looks great!!!! Can't wait to see what people think of it on their Axon 7!! 

• Im not really into heavy duty cases BUT seeing as I havent found a case I like yet and these dont look too bad, may pick one up.

Ordered the poetic case first thing this morning.  Got a tracking number for it so hopefully this is the real deal!  I'm pretty stoked about having a really good case.

• robbie1robbie1 Virginia, U.S.A.Posts: 94 ✭✭

I like this one I got from Amazon.20160923_211855.jpg20160923_211843.jpg

• I too prefer tempered glass, but can't stand when the curved edges prevent the glass from being fully seated around the edge. That said, I received, off of Amazon today, the DeltaSheild wet install screen protector. Got it installed and it covers perfectly and is amazingly smooth and clear.....one of the best wet install protectors I've ever put on any of my phones and it wraps the curves perfectly.

Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 7 Screen Protector [2-Pack], DeltaShield BodyArmor Full Coverage Screen Protector for ZTE Axon 7 Mi…

Just awesome!!!!

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

using the same case , got mine from Ebay...i just wish they come with Belt Clip. which is a Extra screen protection

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I put up a video of these two cases this afternnon. After I uploaded, I decided to keep using the TownShop case, at least when I'm working. I think it's very good. The other is also IMHO.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking about getting that one off of amazon too. your honest opinion of it?

• robbie1robbie1 Virginia, U.S.A.Posts: 94 ✭✭

I really like it. Yes, like any such case it will add a little bulk and weight to the phone, but to me it's almost a perfect case. I've had no issues with it at all.

Spigen sent me another message saying their axon case would release late this month.  This is the first time they have said something other then its coming out soon.

• Nice thing about Poetic's Revolution is that it comes with a built in screen protector. It's just plastic but, still.

• My thoughts exactly. Especially considering the number of us having issues finding a good screen protector for the Axon 7. Poetic seems to do well with the screen protector part of the revolution, as I've heard very little complaints about it from reviews.

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard United StatesPosts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting this one

Amazon.com: Axon 7 Case, ZTE Axon 7 Case, MicroP(TM) Dual Layer Armor Hard Slim Hybrid Kickstand Phone Cover Case for ZT…

because I want the built-in kickstand.

I see no need for a screen protector since I've had my Nexus5 for more than 2 years with no protector and there isn't a single scratch on it.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking case, please share with the community how you like it after you try it out for a bit.

Already in the plan to do that - I'm ordering the case & phone next week.

• dsprockeee1dsprockeee1 United StatesPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to steal ​ 's thunder but I bought the red version of that case and left an Amazon review about it.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R27IF8N6V5L0VM/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01J9Y5CQO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2335752011&store=wireless

My pictures aren't that decent but flash was the only way I could get the details of the case to stand out. I'm still using it as my main case. It's held up pretty well thus far until a more protective brandname case comes out. I'm having 2nd thoughts on that Poetic Revolution case, however. Due to the lack of images I haven't bought it yet because I want to wait and see if the Axon 7 version of the case has a kickstand. It seems only the tablet cases offer kickstands from their product description:

http://www.poeticcases.com/revolution-cases

Not to worry dsprockee1, there is plenty of thunder to go around. Thanks for your helpful review.

That Revolution case looks to be more robust, but it comes with a built-in screen protector I would rather not have.  And it is twice the cost of the Amazon one.

Decisions decisions.

• dsprockeee1dsprockeee1 United StatesPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will be happy with the Amazon one, definitely. It's slim, sleek, and does offer full body protection. Drop protection not so much because the plastic is extremely cheap and bendable. It's maybe half the strength of a credit card if not the same when you bend it. But it's been a great case out of the current available ones found on Amazon. And it's cheap pricewise. Won't break your bank when a better one comes out either since it's only $8.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

i just dropped mine with the clear thin case they provided with the phone. it rolled end over end and still seems ok. lol. bit concerned considering the othe rproblems the device is having

• ntotrrntotrr Posts: 40 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've used the thin, hard Spigen cases for some of my other phones.  Spigen doesn't make one for the Axon 7 but I found this on Amazon and received it today https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLX512C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits perfectly, it's just what I was looking for.  With cases like this, the top and bottom of the phone is exposed but I don't drop my phones so it's not a concern for me.

• iamiamiamiam Burbank, CAPosts: 45

I know you are talking cases but I like the thin case that shipped with the A7 and I found out about dbrand wraps. Searching this forum, I found a thread about XDA Prime 2-pak for $10 and the offer is still available. 2-pak comes with black Carbon and Matte backs and I added a marble to save on shipping.

Hope that helps someone.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ I agree with you about the case that shipped with the A7, it really is a decent case, and I love that it doesn't have a huge lip like some of the other cases I have seen.

• gentlemusergentlemuser DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

Speck and UAG are always my cases of choice!!  Gonna make due with a couple from Amazon until something better comes along....