Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

[Research] Ways to utilize spectrometer sensor

Recently, we found a very interesting spectrometer sensor by SCiO. With SCiO, you can scan materials and get instant relevant information directly to your smartphone. SCiO captures information about the chemical makeup of the physical world around you. You can get nutritional facts about different kinds of food, and identify capsules containing medicine and nutritional supplements.

Would you need a spectrometer sensor on your phone?

How would you utilize it if you had one?

Discussion Question:

1. What kind of health care services do you use in daily life?

What kind of health care services do you wish to have in daily life?

2. What kind of health care equipment do you use? How often? Please specify.

Does the equipment require periodic purchases, updates, or changes?

3. Do you use any nutrition or weight management services in your daily life?

What kind of nutrition or weight management app or equipment do you use? Please specify.

Does the equipment require periodic purchases, updates, or changes?

4. Do you use any produce selector services in daily life?

What kind of produce selector equipment do you use? How often?

Do you search for produce labeled with “Organic…” or “Local …”?

5. What kind of skin care/cosmetics services/products do you use in daily life? How often?

6. What kind of baby/children products do you use in daily life? How often?

Related link: Consumer Physics

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I think it would be fun to play around with for a bit, but not sure I'd be wanting to buy, or pay extra for it. It is just not something I can see myself using n a day to day basis. Once the novelty wore off, I'd forget I even had it.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1 & 2. Not much... Just want to be healthy and not see the doctor often. I know some people who have diabetes would require to check their glucose level and have medications also.

3. Nope, don't really use any apps or smart scale, etc. to keep track.

4. There are product selector equipments/services? Really just go to the local grocery store and buy produces, whichever I feel like eating and whatever might be cheap. Really don't buy into the organic or local things unless it looks really good and if I was at a certain place at the time, I might buy it.

5. Not much either... at time to time, lotion and that's pretty much it.

6. N/A

• Hi

Here is a short survey about ways we could utilize spectrometer in daily life. It would be super helpful if you could complete it! You will get 100 Z-Community points once its done! Thanks!

SCiO Sensor Survey | Online Survey Software

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ I'm on it now, and will be sure to share the link

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. None

2. Strictly exercise equipment. 7 days a week. My own gym with multiple pieces of equipment, weights, two exercise bikes and outdoor bicycle, 70 lb. heavy bag and speed bag.

3. All controlled by 2 (above). Allows me to eat anything I want at all times.

4. No.

5. None.

6. Our 3rd great-grandchild will arrive next month, so none.

• Hi

Here is a short survey about ways we could utilize spectrometer in daily life. It would be super helpful if you could complete it! You will get 100 Z-Community points once its done! Thanks!

SCiO Sensor Survey | Online Survey Software

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Completed.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Done

This discussion has been closed.