[Mobile Education] Tips & Tricks to extend battery life.

2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Since battery life is one of the most important aspcet in a smartphone for any user, a lot of them don't deliver what we expect. So, today I will share with you some tips to extend your battery life a little bit.

1- Turn off connectivity features when you don't need it.

2- Kill apps when you leave them, as they will take more battery when they're kept in RAM.

3- Dim the brightness as far as possible (depending on your situation, and lighting around you.).

4- Turn off the animations. ( for most devices, animation is in settings under display ).

5- Use a darker wallpaper ( for AMOLED panels, black pixels do not consume any battery. And on LCD panels, it will reduce battery consumption )

I hope these tips will help you.

Comments

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the submission.

(optional) If possible, it may be useful to provide additional instructions for turning off animations, as users who are new to android devices may not fully understand how to do it (android does not make the process very intuitive), this will increase the range of users who can fully utilize this tip.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I will do it

• mttmksmttmks TexasPosts: 93

A small change you can do that makes a huge difference on phones with an AMOLED screen is to apply dark or black themes to your device. On AMOLED screens a black pixel is a pixel that is turned off. White and bright colors use much more power than darker colors.

Black background, black keyboard, and black themed apps can add up to an extra hour of battery if you're liberal with the blackness!

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for the info.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod

Also with the Axon 7 and Axon 7 Mini go into settings > Power Manager > then turn on the Smart Power save option - you can also toggle this option in the quick settings in the notification shade