Stock Alarm going off 2 minutes before set time.

mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last 2 mornings. My set 7:00 am alarm on the stock clock alarm app went off at 6:58 am. What could be causing this? The phone says 6:58 am not 7 at the time it goes off.  Thank you

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the stock clock app?

Do you have any other clock apps installed on the device... ie Google Clock?

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I have both the stock and Google clock app. On a side not my wife has both also on her axon 7 and does not have this issue. I have google clock on the phone because the DashClock tap on the time setting pulls it. And I like the convenience of being able to get to a timer from there.

​ I take it back. it was not the stock Clock app. It was the Google clock app. I use both of them. But the first one to go off is the google app. If that makes any difference. Is it possible the google apps is reading the clock time incorrect. or is this a isolated issue?

Just looking for a little more info here:

Are you seeing the 2 clocks reporting different times at all?

In settings are your date and time set to auto?

• kvaughnkvaughn Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

It's a "feature" so you're not late for anything.

• jeremyjeremy Reston, VAPosts: 14

I have the exact same issue using Google clock for alarms.  The most I have seen is 6 minutes early...which I guess is better than late!

Both clocks show the same time. And yes I have it set to auto.

Interesting! weird issue.

• hiteshruleshiteshrules Hyderabad IndiaPosts: 62

even i have this issue. though i am using stock zte clock it wont get updated as the clock that is present on my notification bar

Whenever i restart the device it will get updated.i didnot yet test alaram functionality.

Screenshot_2016-08-11-16-51-26.jpgScreenshot_2016-08-11-18-20-58.jpgScreenshot_2016-08-12-01-37-48.jpg

Not sure what to make of this yet.. I've got a bunch of alarms set, so I'll be testing for awhile.

• This isn't an alarm issue (that'll be tested in 2 days) and may be completely unrelated but...

My notifications for SuperCell games is screwy.  Never happened on old phone so I though I'd bring it up here if something is out of sync.  Both clans and royale the notification will say I need to do something but when I get into the game the item still has between 30 seconds and 2 minutes until it is done.

I have not been able to reproduce this on my end, but I have a few questions now that I've seen a few other reports.

On the 2 devices, you have in the household are they both on the same carrier and how is service in your area?

• All I did was swap sims.  I'll check next time it happens with my tablet since it is only wifi and report back.

• jeremyjeremy Reston, VAPosts: 14

I have this issue as well.

We both are on T mobile.  And we have the LTE tower that runs through our internet, because without it we have no reception in our home. So we have fill bars with it.

This may be the issue then. The WiFi CellSpots only improve call quality on devices that have T-Mobile WiFi calling. They don't actually improve the cellular signal of devices. You may, in fact, be showing full bars on LTE but the signal may still be very weak. You may be getting a weak ping from the network which could be why the time is off. It's possible that it affected one device and not the other.

edit: There are different signal booster/cell spots they have, so I should have asked that first. Is this in fact a signal booster or a Wi-Fi CellSpot?

This one is a actual cell tower. It's the 4g LtE cellspot. It makes its own signal off of my high speed internet. And broadcasts it through lte. It is not the cell booster or the router that allows Wi-Fi calling.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24269

Got it... This one is tuff to diagnose. I want to say it's still from a somewhat weaker signal since it's just an amplifier.

Can you let me know what type of LTE speeds you're getting on the device? Speedtest.net screenshots would be the best...

Sure. I am not home . So later tonight.

Sorry I took so long.  Here is a speed test of me at home connected to the Tmobile Wi-Fi tower I own.  Screenshot_2016-08-23-19-49-17.jpg

• wheelmanwheelman Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

I have the same issue and another related one.  I have an Axon 7 on Verizon.  Timed notifications for apps ALWAYS show up too early, and sometimes around 10 minutes too early.  The related issue is with the timers in the Army Knife app going off too early.  For example, if I set a timer in the Army Knife app for 15 minutes and it goes off in 5 minutes, the timer continues to count down but I don't receive a notification when the timer ACTUALLY expires.  It's very frustrating when I rely on it for a time-sensitive task.  I'm downloading the app "Kitchen Timer" to see if it's affected, too.  Any fixes from ZTE on this issue?