Zmax Pro Voicemail problem

2»

Answers

• Good question, i have no idea, try it and let us know!  

• andriadandriad Metro Atlanta, GAPosts: 221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I'll have to hunt around, see if I can find one that won't fight with Calls Blacklist Pro for who controls my msging.

Andria

Ok, I seem to have solved the problem.

I found an app for dialing & contacts called "Simpler."  And really it couldn't be any simpler! I installed the app; when I opened it, I gave it permission for my Contacts, and when it opened, all my contacts were in place, even my favorites, as well as my call log.

I went into my Settings/Apps, went to Phone, and Disabled it, then Force Stop.  I then looked at my Default Apps, and for phone, sure enough, it said "Simpler."

So, I gave it a try; called my ZMP from my home phone, let it go to voicemail, and left myself a msg.  On my ZMP, I then got a notification that I had a Visual Voicemail; listened to it, then deleted it.  There was still a notification from Simpler of a missed call, but no further voicemail deletion to deal with.

Et voila. (not "wallah" as I've sometimes seen around here! Geez! It's FRENCH!) Done, problem solved.  So the problem is simply that the default phone app tries to do TOO MUCH, and even if you use Visual Voicemail, the goofy phone app doesn't recognize it, and STILL tries to do too much.

Andria

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather have stock apps that work properly than having to download more apps for a workaround.  But, since this stock version doesn't include caller ID like Google phones, Hiya from Whitepages does a great job.  Largest crowdsource of any app and blocks messages and IDs calls fairly accurately. 

So far, I have had to use Textra to send/receive MMS on WiFi since the phone won't toggle off and on automatically itself.

Use Hiya since Caller ID is not part of ZTE's ROM.

Use dedicated Inbox and Outlook apps because the stock Gmail app, or app based on Gmail is hit or miss with synced emails.

Use Nova for a launcher to overcome Jitterbug-like icon sizes.

A separate EQ app to overcome the mess that is this Dolby app.

Disable VVM and use T-Mobiles.

Altogether gave up on DND-Priority mode and just turn the phone to silent at night.

Use a lock screen pattern/PIN since my fingerprint reader... just doesn't.

I was offered a fair amount of money to sell this phone finally, but still am holding out hope this beta turns into a proper release candidate and fixes a lot of the weird nuances this phone has.  But, since I have the T-Mobile variant I cannot sell it easily, since Metro people paid about 50+% less for theirs and most T-Mobile users are postpaid and will buy some flagship on EIP.

I looked at Hiya, and I like its callerID features, but one thing made it impossible for me to use:

"The SMS text blocker feature is currently not supported for devices with Android 4.4 (KitKat) and higher."

Right from their "Read More" text, and that makes it completely unsat; nuisance txts are every bit as annoying as nuisance calls.  So, I kept looking.  I found Calls Blacklist; it doesn't have callerID, drat it, but it DOES allow updating the blacklist with a text file, and it blocks unwanted txts, whether from a whole phone number or one of those shorter numbers.  It works so well, I upgraded to the Pro version.  If I get a call from a number I don't recognize, I google it, and can usually figure out that it's a spam/scam/nuisance, or just a wrong number, so I go ahead and add it to my blacklist.  With my old phone, I was using MetroPCS's NameID, but either it doesn't work right with the ZTE, or there's just something wrong with it, but it stopped working when I got my new phone, and THREE different calls to their tech support couldn't resolve it, so I dropped it; I'm not paying for something that doesn't work.  It couldn't block txts from the shorter numbers anyway.

The Simpler dialer/contacts app is just exactly that and nothing more, so it doesn't need you to delete voicemails twice!  I LIKE Visual Voicemail, so I don't have to dial some number that i never remember, just to get my voicemails, and now with Simpler, I delete them ONCE and they're gone. Easy.

It's true that stock apps that work RIGHT would be best... but if the stock apps are just plain ****... well, you have to find something that works CORRECTLY.

Andria

Hmmm.  I just add the caller or message sender in my dialer or in my stock messenger on my G4.  See, there's another example of different skins by OEMs.  Hiya IDs the messenger for me at least.

I'm looking at an app for callerID called sync.me, and I think it could maybe do everything that Calls Blacklist does, EXCEPT permit updating via text file, so I'd have to manually add all the numbers currently on my blacklist; I might do that, but I dunno.  I might leave some feedback on the Calls Blacklist PRO page that if he added callerID, the Pro version would be worth more, so he could raise the price; I'd pay it!   I think it was about $3-ish, as it currently stands.  Or maybe he could just develop a CallerID add-in for it, which would only work with the Pro version (the way that TeslaUnread only works with Nova Prime).

Andria

Google Rewards is a great way to make free money for Play Store app purchases.  I get a survey every few days depending on my balance.  When I hit about $60 they don't send many surveys until I buy more apps and spend some credits.  Some are 10 cents some are $1.  They expire a year from the day they are awarded, but as they expire they send more surveys.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guide program is as well. I get rewards for taking pictures of business as I walk around town.

• Okay,  this is a very easy fix. If, when you click on your phone and go to the voice mail area, you play a voice mail and the screen goes blank and you can barely hear it? Answer: On your phone, the very top of the physical phone, there is 3 dots, next is the camera and next to that, on the left is the sensor. Cover the sensor with your finger for 5 seconds while listening to a voice mail message, uncover the sensor. Try listening to your voice mails. Everything should be fine now. Woohoo!

• Okay,  this is a very easy fix. If, when you click on your phone and go to the voice mail area, you play a voice mail and the screen goes blank and you can barely hear it? Answer: On your phone, the very top of the physical phone, there is 3 dots, next is the camera and next to that, on the left is the sensor. Cover the sensor with your finger for 5 seconds while listening to a voice mail message, uncover the sensor. Try listening to your voice mails. Everything should be fine now. Woohoo!

2»