Error 491 on ZMAX Pro

I just bought this phone and love it but cannot download anything from any app store.  I get Error 491 when I hit install.  Tried everything I've found online, nothing has worked. Help!!

Comments

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,428 admin

If you haven't already try clearing the device cache and the data/cache for the Google Play Store.

Clearing device cache: Settings---> Storage----> Phone ---> Cached Data ----> Ok

Clearing Play Store Cache/Data: Settings: ----> Apps ---> Google Play Store ----> Storage ----> Clear Data ----> Clear Cache

Reboot the device and try again.

Let me know if this helps.

• [email protected] wrote:I just bought this phone and love it but cannot download anything from any app store. I get Error 491 when I hit install. Tried everything I've found online, nothing has worked. Help!!

I had this error with mine as well.  However, what I had to do to fix it was flash the phone.  I know it isn't fun, but the reason mine did this was because a corrupt SD card was entered into the phone.  Before I realized it was corrupt, I had my phone set to use this card as additional internal storage.  This would have been fine and was fine, but the card was corrupt which caused it to go slower than normal.  This then caused the phone after a few to tell me the card was too slow to use this way.  This was after already installing stuff over to it and transferring data to it to use as internal storage.  I then removed the card as it was bad.  After removing it, that is when I started to get the error, I'm assuming because things were trying to go to the card and it wasn't installed, I didn't remove any of the information that was installed to this card.  After getting the error and flashing my phone to set all the internal settings back to only using the internal RAM, the phone has been great since.

were you able to resolve this issue?

One more thing to try is to : Remove your Google account -> going to the Settings for your device -> then Accounts and Google -> Reboot your Android and add the account once again

Remove your Google account ---> Settings--->Accounts ---> Delete Google Account That Is Signed Into The Google Play Store ---> Reboot Your Device & Add The Account Once Again

Let me know if this helps... If not please reach out for further assistance.

• Both my husband and I had the same problem with  a ZTE Grand X 4. We factory reset it after the less invasive fixes would not work. Even after the factory reset was done it started with the 491 error again after a few days. What helped was to create a different google account after a reset. SEEMS that the previous ones were bugged. I then added my old gmail account, hopefully it will stay fully functional. My husband opted for completely deleting his old gmail account. At the moment I can not afford to do so. I will keep the community updated but so far that was our fix. Hopefully it works for someone else as well.  

• Had the same problem on my wife's new ZTE ZMax Pro.  I assume it is my fault as I had an SD card in it shortly after we bought it and then took the card out after some initial setup was done.

1.  I did the play service and play store cache clear thing....no good

2.  I did the boot into recovery and wipe/format cache thing....no good

3.  I did the account removal thing....no good.

4.  I didn't bother changing accounts or trying to reset my router....the rest of my android equipment is fine.

5.  I booted into recovery (Power on while holding volume up until recovery is displayed)

6.  I did a wipe/factory reset.

7.  Rebooted, restored backup from the previous day and wallah...all better.

• Hello,

I also had this issue. Talked with google support, then ZTE support.

Was going to take the phone to MetroPCS to swap out the phone. ZTE support wants me to mail it in.

I popped a micro SDMemory card into the phone. Shut down/turned back on. Got it to read. Set it up to the phone. Not for pictures but the other setting. (Locked to the phone.) Then tried an update. It worked. Shut down the phone. Removed the micro SDcard. Booted back up, removed the association and then tried to update the programs and it's working. Not sure how long it will work, but it's working.

• Clear cache. Settings/storage/phone/clear cache. Restart. FIXED

• I've tryed all of these things I've factory reset cleared cache. Everything I've read and still I'm getting error 491. I've had nothing g but problems with this phone I think it is the worst phone on the market I've taken it to move 3 times and they don't wanna replace it they want me to pay 18 more dollars for replacement. I'm at the end of my rope with this phone. Just don't no what to do with it? Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this thing?

• guitarfreak521guitarfreak521 USAPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have a ZTE Grand X 4. I sadly had to flash my phone due to nothing else working..However what I wasn't expecting is that even though I backed everything up to the SD it totally wiped everything off the SD Card!!

I never ever had a phone do that to me! I've had many other phones and ZTE Phones that I've had to flash and I've never had one that totally delete everything off the SD card as well!

So if you have to flash..Make sure you remove your SD card before you flash! Just in case!! ( :

• russell147russell147 Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

Use 1moble to download Google+ it will fix the problem it a security certificate issue

• So the last answer is how I fixed mine. Spent several days trying everything on here but the issue was an update to google+ that had auto stopped and sat in downloads since April. Everything immediately started working correctly after the install.

• @bobl said:
    Hello,

I also had this issue. Talked with google support, then ZTE support.

Was going to take the phone to MetroPCS to swap out the phone. ZTE support wants me to mail it in.

I popped a micro SDMemory card into the phone. Shut down/turned back on. Got it to read. Set it up to the phone. Not for pictures but the other setting. (Locked to the phone.) Then tried an update. It worked. Shut down the phone. Removed the micro SDcard. Booted back up, removed the association and then tried to update the programs and it's working. Not sure how long it will work, but it's working.

This is what I did to fix my ZTE 831. All I did was insert a micro SD card, delete all the folders and files from the card, and restart the phone.

All of my apps are updating again and I'm able to download new apps again.

Clearing the cache and removing the google account did NOT work at all. Adding a SD card, deleting all the contents of the card, and then restarting the phone DID work.

Thanks, and hope this helps other people!