Axon 7 customer service review

wfpowellwfpowell Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone  I wanted to share my experience with  ZTE  customer service  dealing  with my defective axon 7.  About a month and a week ago I ordered  the axon 7 from Best Buy  like every one else, I was super excited  for the life of me I could not stop checking  the order to see when it will be delivered.  When it was finally  sent it took two days to get to me via UPS.  On day one I opened  it up set it up (super easy)  and started testing it out all worked  well until  I had to make a call.  I notice the person  on the other  end could not hear me...  Slick upset I search  the internet  and found this site. I went through  the site and found a form with common issues. A member  of this site gave me the V. I.P phone number. I called and was placed  on hold for about 4 min.  Then a rep took me off hold and ask me for all my basic  info I gave it.  Next she proceeded to ask me what problems  I was having  I told her about my mic and the various  test I had ran.  She was very  polite  and even gave a few suggestions to see if any of them would "jump start" the mic.  Sadly  none of them work. She gave me the option  to return  and get a full refund or send it in to get  fixed.  In the back of my mind I'm like this is a brand new device  this should not be  happening.   I paused because  I could feel myself  getting  angry. In that moment  she apologized  and explained  how the pass port 2.0 work and assured  me that it was a really good  choice if I really  like the  phone. So I opted  for repair. She sent me an email  with a link and I followed  it.  Their I received  my RMA number and instructions  on how to send it back to them.  Cost me ten dollars. The quoted time it would take to repair  was ten days.  Wasn't  happy about that  but I really like this phone.  To my surprise  it only took 5 and instead  of fixing it  I received  a new one.  ZTE kept  me informed  the entire  process. By far  one of the best customer service  I have used in a long time

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,561 mod

​ Hello, sorry you had such a rocky start! I wanted to take a second to thank you for sharing your experience with us all here in Z-Community. Many times people only post the negative stories, while upset, and hoping to get further resolutions. So it is really awesome to hear a positive outcome, and a nice experience with ZTE's customer service, as well as PassPort 2.0. I hope you love the Axon 7, and continue to post here with us of your experiences.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,402 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, while reading I thought things were going to turn out bad but as it turned out,  it was a happy ending. Glad to hear.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear it, ​!

• zte_usazte_usa United States Posts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, so much, for the feedback. We love to hear good news too!

It is nice to see you on here reading through the posts. It shows you care and are trying to make things good with the A7.

Absolutely! Our customer service team, along with the Mod Squad, are very passionate about making the entire customer experience better, from products to service.

I love it, Thank You!!

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @zte_usa!

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I just want to say ZTE is amazing in customer service. I had a little issue with my Axon 7 and they took very great care the situation and had me up and working within 48hours. I commend them wonderful work.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• wfpowellwfpowell Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

I don't recall the  name of the  reps that  help me. I did do a survey call check my email and call log to put the proper info up. I know sometimes  issues  arise  and hard to explain over the phone but this is one time I can say across the board every rep I spoke to  tried their best  to correct the problem  before  I had to return it.  That alone let's me know ZTE is a company  I can trust when it comes  to the devices  that I use on a daily.

• I have an Axon 7 and it truly is an amazing phone. Sadly, ZTE's customer support is, by far, the most clueless group I've ever encountered. here's a sample of my most recent call:

Me: "Can you tell me which folder I need to drop my audiobook files into, from my PC, to have them come up in my audiobook app on the phone?"

ZTE: "Do you have Internet Explorer open?"

Me: "Errr, no. I don't use IE"

ZTE: "You'll need IE to use the phone"

Me: "Why do I need a browser to transfer files?

ZTE: "It says here you need Internet Explorer"

Me: "Do you mean Windows Explorer?"

ZTE: "No, I mean ... oh, yeah ... Windows Explorer"

Me: "I'm in Windows Explorer. That's how I see the folders that I'm asking about."

ZTE: "So when you drag the file over, do you see it?"

Me: "No, that's why I'm calling"

ZTE: "It says here your file is not compatible then."

Me: "It's just a basic MP3. Nothing exotic!"

ZTE: "Some MP3's aren't compatible."

... and then it became even more comical as the second tech support person tried digging the first one of the idiot-hole he had dug for himself.

I asked both of them if they had ever "seen" a ZTE phone which they wouldn't answer.

Truly moronic!!

Oh, wow! I'm  very sorry for the experience you had. We would love to have the opportunity to resolve this issue for you, as well as change your opinion. If you could follow, then message us on this page we can help you out!

• ZTE: How can we change our opinion when I for one have been waiting to get back my 5 months old defective Axon 7 which I RMA to ZTE Repair Center on May 18, 2017 (they received it on May 24, 2017). I was supposed to get it back within 10 days. Whenever I ask (chat and phone call), they give the excuse "we are waiting for parts" and they have no idea when they will ship it back. Great phone but Horrible Experience. I am so disappointed and now I wish I never got myself in this mess. Can you do anything to resolve this?

• ZTE Customer Service, where are you? Why don't you respond to my post????

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,828 admin

As it stands right now, there is a delay on devices that are being serviced and for those that have opted for an advanced exchange.  Right now the service center is doing their best to fill back orders. This is the only information I have at this time.

• I have been told the same story for the past 2 weeks and no one at ZTE knows when. Great job ZTE, a promised 10 days turnaround to we don't know when!!!!

Hi, guys. @wfpowell and @muntherkubba We greatly apologize for the delayed response as well as the delay in parts for our Axon 7 devices. We’ve received an influx of claims and we are working diligently to fulfill each and every order. We’ve confirmed that our back ordered shipment will arrive this week, and we will proceed with finalizing and processing all claims. Thank you for your continued patience with us as we work to resolve this inconvenience as quickly as possible.

• bcsydombcsydom Posts: 127 ✭✭✭✭✭

But why is that? I've been waiting since April.

• edrock200edrock200 Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

Like the op's story, less the $10 for return shipping. Why would he be charged to return a defective phone under warranty?

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@zte_usa said:
    Hi, guys. @wfpowell and @muntherkubba We greatly apologize for the delayed response as well as the delay in parts for our Axon 7 devices. We’ve received an influx of claims and we are working diligently to fulfill each and every order. We’ve confirmed that our back ordered shipment will arrive this week, and we will proceed with finalizing and processing all claims. Thank you for your continued patience with us as we work to resolve this inconvenience as quickly as possible.

An influx of claims makes it sound as if the Axon 7 has mass problems and it's only a matter of time before they arise with all A7 users........ :/ I also would think that ZTE is a big enough company that it should be able to handle this situation in an acceptable fashion but I guess we will see....

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

@texasmade1 said:

@zte_usa said:

An influx of claims makes it sound as if the Axon 7 has mass problems and it's only a matter of time before they arise with all A7 users........ :/ I also would think that ZTE is a big enough company that it should be able to handle this situation in an acceptable fashion but I guess we will see....

The back stock has already been filled and users waiting for an advance exchange should reach out to customer service if they have any questions or concerns

• teutonjon78teutonjon78 USAPosts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2017 7:29PM

@texasmade1 said:

This is starting to be my concern as well. There is obviously some issue with the camera. And mine just randomly went into rolling reboots, which seems to be plaguing LG phones as of late, so I hope there isn't a brewing problem there either. I got two other people to get this phone as well, and I'll be sad if they end up having problems (one has the camera issue).

@musicdjm said:

The back stock has already been filled and users waiting for an advance exchange should reach out to customer service if they have any questions or concerns

That's definitely not true. My phone has been sitting there since 6/7 with no updates.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,828 admin

@teutonjon78

Send me your RMA# so I can look into this for you.

• rjfusillorjfusillo Atlanta gaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Muddled and poor service.
    My Axon 7 mini had a problem. I was told ,on the phone, there would be a $ 79 repair fee. I sent it in and the shipper notified me that it had been delivered. I got no email or phone notice from ZTE. I phoned and was told it would be about ten business days. I said OK, go ahead. No contact again. After 2 and a half weeks I phoned and was told that it was en route back, NOT repaired. The woman on the phone evinced surprise that I had wanted it repaired. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that when it arrived I should send it back. When I said I did not want to pay for shipping, there was another Hold, and then she said they would send a label to pay shipping. I was transferred to another office to pay my 79 dollars. After five or six minutes hold I got a ”Shalonda,” who was not only not willing to try pronouncing my name, but also did not want to try to pronounce my address “Granger” Drive. She went away for two or three minutes and told me that new RMA form would be sent.
    The upshot is that when the phone arrives here sometime this week, I have to send it back, and then, when it arrives there, it will be ten or so working days till is repaired and then sent back. About a month and a bit from when they got it the first time.

• rjfusillorjfusillo Atlanta gaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Note to above. The promised mailing label and shipping info have not arrived. I have merely gotten a form note that they will notify me when it is shipped. No idea what that might mean.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 804 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Another example of why this will be my last ZTE phone.