UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U Build 27

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited States Posts: 1,325 admin

Hello Z-Community Members,

Over the next 24 to 72 hours, you can expect our 2nd software update to the Axon 7 (A2017U). This update will bring your device to the latest build, B27. As mentioned in the last month, your Mod Squad has been busy this past month both prioritizing and pushing fixes to some of the most common issues our community has reported. Although our efforts are still young, please trust that we will remain aggressively dedicated to the quality of future updates. This includes updates to the notification bell, further camera enhancements, Android Nougat, and much more!

Here are the latest updates you will see on B27 (coming from the previous build, B20):

1. Group text messaging feature added

2. Android security patches updated through September 1st, including the infamous Qualcomm Quadrooter flaws

3. RF performance and signal bar indicator optimization

4. New "Fast battery drain apps" feature to identify apps that are sucking the most battery

5. Overall battery life optimization

6. Camera improvements, including general focus enhancements

7. Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes

Note: This is an over-the-air (OTA) update. To check availability of an update, click on "Settings -> Updates."

As always, your feedback is desired and welcome. Although this is the second Axon 7 software update, it's the first update with feature enhancements and there are many more to come. But your feedback and support will give us the energy and fervor to keep the pedal to the metal in driving future enhancements!

Comments

• essixessix Bay Area CAPosts: 43 ✭✭

Awesome, cant wait for the OTA to hit my phone (currently isnt) and test the updates. Will edit my post if there are issues or anything I notice when I get the update.

Edit: update installed and the phone is working without issue. Further testing will be required on some of the other stuff, but wifi link speed is still 433 Mbps while the G version can do 866Mbps. Also another issue that previously wasnt brought up and persists in this update is that if you go to your app drawer and click search and type in letters that dont match any apps you have installed, the image with the magnifying glass looks messed up, like it was either supposed to be animated or have transparency and doesnt. Notification bell still isnt optional (Mifavor isnt bad, but you guys cant push mandatory annoying stuff like this)

• A few bugs to report, that may have been addressed in this update but probably not.

Pretty sure they're software issues;

1. Youtube videos are not playable; gives the error message 'there was a problem with playing, tap to retry' which, despite tapping, never loads.

2. Any app that uses the camera, ie. stock camera, snapchat, instagram, etc cannot record video, but takes pictures fine. An error stating 'video recorder failed' is given.

The two issues above can be fixed if I either;

A. Eject my SD card; this fixes the issue permanently until I mount the SD card.

B. Restart the phone; this temporarily fixes the issue for a few minutes.

For the record, I've done app cache and data clears, a factory reset, and reformatted my SD both within the phone and in Windows; nothing seems to fix the issues except rebooting or ejecting the SD.

I can provide more details/screenshots if needed. I really hope this gets fixed in the new update.

• pollito7888pollito7888 Calexico, Ca.Posts: 4

Hey the update is great, but what about the stock images for US variant?

• architeuthisarchiteuthis Posts: 226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also just read on xda that ZTE is working with cyanogen to bring official support to the axon 7.

More good thingd are happening to us axon 7 owners!

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Good to see some fast updates rolling out to the Axon 7 truly an amazing sight to see.

200w.gif

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• pollito7888pollito7888 Calexico, Ca.Posts: 4

• Can't wait! Hopefully the bugs I reported over the last month have been fixed and implemented!

Also, is the "RF performance and signal bar indicator optimization" change in response to the LTE/WiFi performance thread with people complaining about relatively poor signal performance vs other phones?

• Well optimizing the signal indicator doesn't necessarily mean better signal

• techlifetvtechlifetv Canoga Park,CAPosts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome great change log! hoping this fixes spot metering on the camera and other issues!

Thanks ZTE you guys are doing a kick **** job listening to our input.

• techlifetvtechlifetv Canoga Park,CAPosts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems about right I have low signal issues on Cellular/LTE but I don't as much since I usually use Telegram to talk for the most part.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Please provide some additional details on the focus optimizations. Is it that the final pop in and out has been removed and that the phone smoothly focuses using PDAF fully?

Also I have noticed that with the prior build (using July security patch if that makes it any easier to identify) my true infinity focus is actually at the 91% mark on the slider, and going above that actually focuses past infinity (that is to say, things become out of focus again).

• teutonjon78teutonjon78 USAPosts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the microphone not activating on some phone calls bug been fixed? I didn't have it for the first 1.8 weeks of having the phone and I've hit it 4 times in the last day. Kind of hard to use a phone that can't act as a phone.

If it helps in debugging, I've noticed that the times it happens, the phone doesn't vibrate on answer like it normally does -- so the failure might be somewhere earlier in the code path than "activate microphone".

• Downloading it now! Whoo!

• This is awesome!

• ornaciaornacia Monterey Bay Area, CAPosts: 7

Downloading it now too!

• dennis96411dennis96411 United StatesPosts: 135 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about the notification bell? I know a lot of people wanted to do away with that.

Edit: Looks like the notification bell is still there...

• hiteshruleshiteshrules Hyderabad IndiaPosts: 62

Good work mods really appreciate the work done by dev team to bring updates .however there are quite a few issues still remaining keep the good work coming guys .

So zte clock is removed from widget option?

• The downloading seems to have stopped at 18 percent for last half hour.

Don't know if it is a issue with my WiFi or with the update.

regards, Mukund

• ornaciaornacia Monterey Bay Area, CAPosts: 7

Must be a network issue. Mine updated without an issue.

• Thank you! Downloaded and currently installing. 28%, 31%, 55%, 59%....64%, 70%, 86%, 92%, 99%... bites fingernail...100%, 105%, 116% just kidding... Reboot.... Android is upgrading... Optimizing app 3 of 27 and on...........

13, 14, about 8 minutes so far, 10 minutes, 12 minutes, Finishing boot...Done. Device is a bit warm. Folk, make sure you have enough battery juice or connect your device to the charger.

"Backup account" is no longer greyed out!

An extra bar on the signal strength indicator!

Security patch level September 1 !!!!!

Audio playback does not cut out when launching camera!

All my phone settings survived!

Wow, even the scratches on the cheap plastic film screen protector are gone. I'm stoked and am becoming a believer.

• Sorry, I must have sucked up all your bits with my download. Don't worry to much, The download should resume...

• zeedezeede Posts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catalana wrote:Wow, even the scratches on the cheap plastic film screen protector are gone. I'm stoked and am becoming a believer.

• blurayagentblurayagent the OCPosts: 107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successfully updated. Thanks ZTE!

• I come from a OnePlus phone, but I'm very impressed with the software updates. It goes way smoother and faster than said company. I have a European model, so I'm looking forward to the update this week

• Successfully update.

Thanks.

Do we need to do a factory reset to overcome any of the older issues or

will the update take care of the issues.

regards, Mukund

• I still see ZTE clock in my list of widgts, but just as before, it is not functional