Dual Sim Problem?

Is anyone here using dual sim without issues? I have 2 SIMs and both are recognized in the SIM1 slot but I can't figure out why the phone doesn't seem to think there's any card in when I put them into SIM2. Is there anything special I'm supposed to do?

MicroSD card works if I put it in that slot..

Answers

• No idea -- dual SIM works well for me.

I did have one issue with the latest FW update where SIM2 seemed to only support GSM.  Toggling the data to SIM2 than back to SIM1 allowed it to then camp on UMTS.  Not sure if it was update related, or just a temporary glitch.

<edit>

Does the dual SIM menu appear for you?  Is SIM2 toggled on?

• No issues here. SIM1 Verizon, SIM2 T-Mobile.

• Both cards are GSM. The Dual SIM menu appears for me but the SIM2 toggle is greyed out. It says no card or error. Each of the cards works in the SIM1 slot. I factory reset twice and no go.. I think mine is defective

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Does the SIM2 slot read any SIM card? As in... insert the sim card to SIM 2 slot only and see if the phone picks up the SIM card. Leave the SIM1 slot empty. If SIM2 can't read any card with SIM1 slot empty, then you might have a defective unit possibly.

• I have an annoying issue, if you choose Sim1 (95% of my calls are from it) as default and i choose to make a call or sms using sim2, the call will always go to Sim1.

The only workaround is to choose on the Default SIM for calling, the option “Ask every time“, instead of SIM1, which is annoying too.

This happens on firmware B20 and B27 of the model A2017U.

I hope someone from tech support read this message.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I have both slots utilized.  one for Cricket the other on Ting. 

No issues. 

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Kind of like what ​ suggested above.  instead try calls to and from slot 2.  lets eliminate that first.  If that works then move the SIM from slot 2 to one and try your process again. 

Let us know what ensues. 

Thanks. 

Possible issue. 

• SIM2 doesn't try any SIM card. I'm in Canada and have Koodo and Rogers SIM cards and they're read in SIM1. If I put  a SIM card in both, nothing is read in SIM2. If I put a card in only SIM2, nothing is read. It reads a MicroSD card in SIM2 though. I tried it with a third SIM card on the Bell network that belongs to a friend and still no go.. reads fine in SIM1 but nothing in SIM2.

It's all good though.. Called up the Passport hotline and they're sending a replacement. A $650 CAD service deposit was charged which is a bit steep considering it's more than I paid for the phone, but no problem as long I get it back!!

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

That definitely sounds like a defective SIM2 slot then if no SIM card can be read on SIM2 slot.

• Aaaand I was just told Quartz Gray will only be available in 3 weeks. Ah well.

• Have Tmobile and ATT in mine and both work flawlessly.

I just wish the phone let me set which numbers are dialed with what sim card. The ask every time option is **** and setting a default has me messing up all the time and accidentally dialing numbers with the wrong sim.

• You're lucky m8 that you had your compensation, I bought it in USA during my trip and now I'm home far away from there and faced with the similar problem - both sim cards were working fine but after about 1,5 months of usage - same slot #2  became unavailable for unknown reason and I don't know what to do with it...

• Guys, may someone already found some other solution about dual sim card fault?

Haven't had this issue. 

• I have similar problem

• so guys if there is any other solution apart from bring it back to official store or manufacturer and wait the new one?

• wasabitdiwasabitdi Calgary, CanadaPosts: 59

I don't have any issue with dual sim (Rogers & Telus): 1st is personal line and 2nd is work.  I typically turn off 2n SIM after work.  Both SIM cards are GSM.