[Axon 7] Anybody having buzzing/static issue with headphones since the update to build A2017UV1.0.0B

Hi, I just notice a really annoying static sound when there's no sound enabled on my Axon 7 since the update to build A2017UV1.0.0B27. The issue seems to happen when browsing pages from applications where there's auto-play videos and also happens when listening to something (Youtube, music, etc.). The buzz/static is more intense when Dolby Amos is On but never completely disappears even when using another pair of earphones.

Comments

• Yep. I've had ths as well. Dolby Atmos makes it worse. This really sucks since I bought this phone for mostly listening to music.

• Yes most noticeable is on sound cloud when you rotate or do anything SmartPower doesn't help weird...

• It does seem there is a static issue with the new update. Not only is the static issue present when watching videos and listening to music or podcasts...... It's even MORE noticeable on apps such as Clash Royale. I hope the Dev team can see this so that they can patch this major issue soon.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I appear to be having a similar issue.  It happens when i am using Black player, but not when I am using the stock player. Happens whether i have dolby on or off, or headset quality on standard or super.  Later i will try a different app to see if it continues.

• Yup, had this happen while using PVSTAR+ (Youtube audio player). It happened while using the search in the app at the moment an animated ad showed up. The right channel went all distorted and then 15 sec later to a very loud buzz. Good thing i pulled the earpiece when the distortion happened otherwise i was in for some damage. Kinda puts brakes on wanting to use it again and risk hearing loss.

My issue appears to be more of a hissing noise, constantly there, like a shower is running in the background or something.

• I have noticed that as well on mine.

I figured it may have something the do with MXplayer, since I couldn't really recall if it was there before the update.

It's there, I try to ignore it, but it's definitely there.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I did not experience that issue, though I have only been using higher impedance headphones with the device, and Bluetooth headphones.

My Bluetooth headphones had a small hiss in the background, though they do that on other devices also.

If a software update caused this issue, then hopefully it will be fixed soon, **** the device does have a strong focus on the quality of the audio hardware.

• Nope, my phones perfectly fine.

• Sooooo in my copious amounts of spare time.....

I have a couple of pairs of pretty decent Sennheiser....some older Sonys, my wife's pink Beats, my kids Sennys, the rose gold buds, aaaand the freebie Monster ones.

All of them have the audible hiss. Enabling the Atmos does make the sound louder....then again that makes everything louder.... Enabling/disabling the HiFi option seems to have little to no effect on the whitenoise or background hiss generated.

I only have 1 set of BT headphones, no hiss there.

I've done a little testing.  It appears in BlackPlayer, adjusting the equalizer's high side tones seems to amplify the noise quite a bit. So I wonder if it's just the quality of my recordings or not. I'll be the first to admit my audio recordings aren't always the best of quality to begin with. When i get some time I will try to do more testing.

• This is exactly the kind of static I'm experiencing. Nothing that is going to destroy my ears but it is always there and constant.

• architeuthisarchiteuthis Posts: 226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not hearing it on my headphones, but whenever I hear music through the phone speakers. It's a huge ammount of static/noise when the volume is turned up.

Kinda annoying when your're watching a movie. It happens on spotify and I think on MX Player. Not sure with Netflix, will test out today.

• Haven't noticed this OP's issue yet, but I do have a problem with loud popping noises through the 3.5mm headphone jack when I use a Bluetooth remote to change music tracks. This does not occur if using on screen buttons with the music app.

• robbie1robbie1 Virginia, U.S.A.Posts: 94 ✭✭

No issues at all here. Headphones sound great as do speakers.

• There are tons of posts on this issue I would like to know if there is a fix in the future it seems to come from Dolby even when its turned off.  Thanks

• aj_jssaj_jss Posts: 40 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the Chinese A2017 model running Oreo & have just noticed this hissing sound which can be heard at lower volumes when I keep speakers close to my ear. I don't hear any hissing sound using headphones. I wonder if it's always been there or it's a hardware/software issue. I'm probably gonna hard reset the phone to see if it goes away. Anyone could fix it?