Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Join Our UI Usability Test And Get 50 Z-Community Points!

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 4,041 admin

We'd like to invite you to join a UI usability test task. Here is a new interactive design for users to change the Lock screen/Home screen wallpaper. It shows a way to change the Home Screen Wallpaper and a way to change the Lock Screen Wallpaper.

*Please make sure to click on the image as it is an animated GIF showing the interaction

change-wallpaper.gif

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

2.) What about the layout of the design?

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)?

4.) What about the tutorial wording?

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design?

Comments

• techlifetvtechlifetv Canoga Park,CAPosts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

I like this design because of the fact the notification bell will be gone which will make it easier to see my notifications.

The layout of the design seems to be more user friendly and a seems a bit more quick.

I really like the animations as they seem to be fluid.

Wording seems to be properly written and it is easy to read and understand.

Live wallpaper on lock-screen but I have never seen anything come from an OEM like that, Also please have the notification bell as an option as there are many people who like this but I rather have my notifications appear as sometimes I rather not unlock my phone to see what notifications I have pending.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I so like the design, as it appears simplistic, and functional, no added clutter.

The layout seems nice, and as mentioned previously , user-friendly.

The animations are great, simple, and not over the top.

The wording is direct and simple to understand.

I really like the design, simple and clean.

• 1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

- I like the overall design. It's neat and tidy - very user friendly.

- Layout is great.  Nothing too crazy, easy to follow and something that is not boring to look at when in it.

- Liking the interactive mode.  Was there dimming?  I like it.

- Wording is short and to the point.  No need to complicate things.

- I too also like the bell option.  I like it when it is with a red dot to notify me of notifications.  It is literally just another touch away to get them to pop out which I don't mind as I like to keep my screen looking nice and clean and with the screen like the A7, I like showing it off as much as I can with a great lock screen wallpaper ZTE has.  No need for notifications to take over the screen.  However, once the notifications however, maybe blur the back group and have a matte colored notification box. A slight muted "glow" around the notification box may look cool as well... just a thought.  Oh, and also a slight rounded/curved edge on the box.

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of having to select lock screen and home screen wallpaper at the same time. I prefer to have three options Wallpaper/Widgets/Settings. Within settings Themes and Effects can be implemented.

User-Friendly layout. I suggest implementing ZTE Locker for home screen (Presently available on Axon 7 for lock screen).

Although the animations look good but it can be improved upon (it may be gif issue).

Easily understandable and to the point.

As I suggest in Q1. I prefer to have three options Wallpapers, Widgets, and Settings instead of showing five options all on one screen. Themes and Effects can be implemented in settings.

Add ability to change icon layout meaning size of the icons, fonts of the icons and icon themes.

Add desktop grid size (5x6 6x4), arrange applications in alphabetical order (Mi Favor launcher).

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just an FYI, ​, I don't think this has anything to do with the Bell, it's just the way you select wallpaper for the lock screen and home screen.  I just wanted to make that clear.  ​, can you confirm?

In general I like it. It's seems very straight forward and simple to use.

The layout is nice and well thought out. A clear option to select gallery pics, live, solid color, etc.

Animations are ice.

Asks you to select either lock screen or home screen and then you select the pic.  Seems worded well to me.

I think it was well designed, well planned out, and simple.  Novel idea to be simple for a change.

• techlifetvtechlifetv Canoga Park,CAPosts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah no I was talking about how this lock screen might be different to our current one.

Current:

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,041 admin

Correct!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think the design is pretty simple and elegant, easy to use and straightforward.

Same goes with the design, it is pretty straightforward and have most options layout simply for user to choose from.

It's nice to see the preview/animation before exiting out of the settings.

It's straight to the point, not much wording problem as far as I can tell.

Not much I can think of as it is simple and clean already. I guess an addition to that, maybe allow user to adjust the app grid, like 5x4, 5x5, etc.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

In a nutshell I Iike everything about it so far it looks really clean and easy to use,  well designed.  My only very minor critique would be in the wording "tap to select homescreen or lockscreen wallpaper" the photo of the lockscreen is on the left and homescreen is on the right I would either reverse this order or reverse the order of the wording so that if it says "tap to select homescreen"  first,  then that is the first photo on the left. In the above photo the actual word "homescreen"  is below the lockscreen photo and the actual word "lock screen"  is positioned below the homescreen photo and should coincide in my opinion.  Again very minor it's just my $. 02   

• cacarrcacarr Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I so like the design, as it appears simplistic, and functional ...

It's too simple, as in inadequate in its simplicity, in some way?

Or did you just mean "simple"? 

But it's all in the details ​. Good find!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ Many theme launchers appear much more complicated then they need to be, this one is almost too simple. That is however what I like about it. I wasn't meaning it was inadequate.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Very stream lined and simple to use and choose.

I like it as it is intuitive and has a common sense to it.

Animation is always good as sometimes seeing it helps with understanding. 

Wording is fine possibly using tap or touch to lead consumer

I am good with it and find it informative.

• cacarrcacarr Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, OK. There seems to be a new sense of the word "simplistic" that means something like very simple, or pleasingly simple -- rather than overly or naively simple

• ) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

I think the design is pretty simple straightforward.

Same goes with the design, it is pretty straightforward and has a good layout simply for the user to choose from.

It's nice to see the preview/animation before exiting out of the settings.

Its very easy to understand

maybe allow user to adjust the app grid, like 5x4, 5x5, etc. Toggle on or off the notification bell function, (I personally like clicking the bell for my notifications but I know some don't)

• taotao Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) I like it.  I like the side by side comparison of both.  I always wanted that feature on the phones I have had.

2) The layout seems good.  I can't think of anything to make it better.

3) The tutorial seems good.  I generally ignore them, but it would be necessary for anyone new to the smart phone experience.

4) It complements the part mentioned in 3)

5) ability to add shortcuts or widgets to the lock screen.  Perhaps enable notifications to be displayed on screen or hidden by the bell.

• 1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?

Yes I like it...its simple which is always good

Seems pretty user friendly

Those help the user preview the design

Its straight to the point..good job

Just to make everything as stripped down as possible. I love pure android and the less a skin can cause lag the better.

BTW Lets update the Zmax Pro and get rid of the screen glitch bugs...now all forums are reporting this.

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

Really like it. Simple and does not require an explanation.

I really like the layout. You should be able to see both lock and home screen wallpapers on the same screen and edit the two independently.

Really like the gif. Great way to show your audience what you mean.

I prefer ui designs that don't need words to explain what to do.

This design language follows Samsung and LG ui rather than Google's material design, especially with the animations and tabs. I think most would prefer your own take on material design to an Lg/Samsung approach. I've never used a web page or app that was material design that has not been gorgeous and use able.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why?  I like the overall setup but dislike the click font I like the current clock font that's on the lock screen since it's more in a bold type style.

2.) What about the layout of the design? Looks simple which I enjoy because I hate when you have to go to various menu actions to change one simple thing.

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)? Makes it easy to see what it looks like once you change it.

Made it clear throughout the whole tutorial on what was going on.

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design?  Change the clock font back to the current font that's on the lock screen.

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

straightforward nice!

design look good, straightforward look easy to use.

Animation looks good

easy to understand

Would be nice to allow user to adjust the app grid, like 5x4, 5x5, etc. Toggle on or off the notification bell function, (I personally dont  like clicking the bell for my notifications but I know some do)

I like the straight forward application of the background to the display.

Very clean and intuitive.

Seems to be acceptible -- nothing I would change.

I agree with the previous comments about the arrangements of the works and placement of the sample screens.

How about allowing drag/drop rather than touch to select and then touch to drop?

I like the design,it doesn't look cheap.

Everything fits perfectly, it's easy to tell what's going on

Pretty smooth.

Clear easy to read.

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design? Ability to change app grid.

• cyreldcyreld WashingtonPosts: 5

I like it, it gets the job done.

Seems solid to me, I can't think of anything much better.

I like them, very clean.

Easy to understand and direct.

Please allow live wallpapers to also be on the lock screen. I currently use a live wallpaper to shuffle through a folder of wallpapers, but these won't show on the lockscreen which is pretty jarring. Some way to have these match would be huge for me. Other than that it seems pretty solid to me (allowing the notification bell to be removed would be great as well).

• jodogg7nyjodogg7ny Huntington, NYPosts: 12

- I like the design, for it's simplicity. How would the gallery search look?

- The layout of the design works nicely as it is dynamic. Will the HomeScreen option emulate the actual icons and home screen being used? I am assuming, yes.

- I like it, I like that the screen not being changed shades.

- I don't like the separation of the word "Wallpaper" as in LIVE WALL PAPER

- Change the words LIVE WALL PAPER to Live Wallpaper

Thank you,

• 1) I like it, especially the before and after comparison.  I don't think I've seen it quite like that before and it looks good.

2) The layout looks fine to me, no issues.

3) The animations are fine, I'm not really for or against them personally

4) The tutorial's wording is fine, no errors and it makes sense.

5) No, not in terms of the changes represented here. I see there's no notification bell, disabling it/making it optional would be nice if that's on the table, but I know that's separate from this.

• femifemi GermanyPosts: 11

1. I like because it looks so smootly ans awesome.

2. The layout is genuine and very simple.

3. the Animations is super. I love this just straight forword to explain.

4.The Tutorial wording is good and not so complicative to arrange.

5. ! would be so delighted if we can extend  the App grid to 5x5 and the abilility to change or use the Wallpapers on Lockscreen.

I like it but it can be a little confusing when you first see it.

I think it would be nice if the one you were changing was bigger so you can see in more detail what it will look like.

Looks good

It's fine

I think you could change the layout like this, when you first open this settings screen it looks like image 1, but neither lock screen or home screen is selected. Then when you choose one of the screens, the other screen gets smaller and the one you are changing gets bigger, and the options below appear, like image 2. That way it's clear which one you are changing and you can see more detail. Once people have chosen lock or home screen they don't need the text instruction any more.

1.jpg 271.5K
    2.jpg 339.8K
  • jonathan3579jonathan3579 Houston, TXPosts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.) What do you think about this design in general? Do you like it or not? And why? I don't mind the design at all. It's very clear and easy to grasp what you're looking at.

2.) What about the layout of the design? See 1.)

3.) What about the interactive mode (screen animations)? Animations are fine. Even if not necessary.

4.) What about the tutorial wording? Clear and concise.

5.) Do you have any suggestion on the overall design? Don't deviate if it makes updating more difficult!

• rangerlgrangerlg Cypress, TXPosts: 89

I like it since it allows quicker customization of the screens.  I didn't have an issue with the old way.

Layout is nice and thought out.

Animations are well done.

The wording gets the point across.

It would be nice to select multiple images per screen and have the screen rotate images.

This discussion has been closed.