What's your favorite Bluetooth headset?

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Although I was previously a wired headset kind of guy, I recently caved way to using Bluetooth headsets for the added flexibility of being cord free. After a little bit of research, I landed on the Logitech H800, which after a month's use is not bad. It has an on-ear fit and is relatively comfortable. Battery life is decent at around 5 hours, but I would mind more juice coming from a relatively large headset. The one drawback is the microphone, especially when I'm outdoors - it picks up too much wind noise and renders conversations with people impossible.

If other folks have experience with other Bluetooth headsets, especially for phone conversations, we would love to hear your experience and recommendations.

Comments

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,300 admin

Hey Peter.  For me it is my Oontz Angle 3 BT speaker.  I go to the beach often and it is waterproof/sand-proof, and the sound is amazing for the little device.  Works perfect with my Axon Pro and gives me all day use at the beach.  I know it's not a headset but this is the accessory I use the most.  Charging time is also excellent!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,778 admin

I've been using the same pair of LG Tones (HBS 750) for the past 3 years and they've never let me down. They are super comfortable and lightweight. The battery life can easily get me through a full day of listening to music and taking calls. All of the controls are built into the neckband and are very easy to navigate. There have been a few sequels and the reviews all look pretty good.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My current favorite ones are the Plantronics backbeat go, mainly because it doubles as earplugs (thus if doing yard work, I  can get away with using them for hearing protection and listening to music). I also use them while riding the bus, but beyond that, I tend to not use them because the audio quality does not come close to what you will get from similarly priced headphones. Lucky for me, the Axon pro has no issues driving the Sennheiser HD 555 headphones.

If I will be taking calls, I use my Plantronics savor M1100 (has a higher native gain). On the Axon pro, bluetooth audio capture has no auto gain, and the phone also does not give the user access to the microphone gain settings, thus the mic on the plantronics backbeat go is extremely quiet.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in love with my Jaybird X2 headset!!!   It has the best sound clarity and bass!!  I enjoy using them every morning at the gym during my workouts, during work to keep the noise out or out in the yard.

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard good things about them too. Any issues with the mic picking up extra wind noise when you're outdoors?

It does a really good job of covering it up. The only time anyone has ever really complained on the other end was when I had a car window open and was going 55-60MPH on the highway.

I would go with one of the slightly newer models at this point only because of the newer Bluetooth tech. Check out the Tone Infinim or Tone Ultra.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have always taken pride in the quality of music I listen to.
    I guess you could call me an Audiophile, but not in the snobbish sense of the term.
    I don't discount all compressed audio to be poor, but I do strive to get the best sound I can from what is available.
    The same holds true with headphones and loudspeakers.

With that said, I have yet to settle on a pair of high quality BT headphones.
    I have always used wired headphones, and the best BT headphones are usually out of my budget range.
    It is also limited to lower quality sound, depending on what you are listening to.
    I'd love to get some nice BT headphones in the near future. This topic is making me consider it again.

• robocaroboca SoCalPosts: 1

I use Plantronics Savi 745.. Sound is very good.  Works with cell phone, laptop & deskphone.  Able to walk away from deskphone or cell phone for a couple hundred feet and still be on call.

• Jawtooth wireless speaker - great sound, good battery life.

• cdhardingcdharding Rio Linda, CaliforniaPosts: 4

I absolutely love my Plantronics voyager legend, the audio is pristine and I love its voice command features.

the usb dongle allows me to use it on my tablet, pc, netbook, ps3, nintendo wii, wii U dang rear anything with a usb port, I also enjoy the incoming call announcer as well. the case also holds a charge so if you run out of juice you can put it into the carrying case to recharge it on the go!  hence why  truly love this as my headset. thanks for reading my opinion.

• ravenaley14ravenaley14 New yorkPosts: 24 ✭✭✭

The Bleudio Q5 is affordable and waterproof, work great with my MAX2

• mikedragomikedrago Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 2

I'm a huge fan of my xbox 360 bluetooth headset.  I've been using it for years and it still works great.

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just ordered the LG HBS-730 for a good deal via Slickdeals. Don't like the rigid design of the latest model, so this will have to do. Anything will sure beat having a wired headset!

Curious if there are other recommendations for solid Bluetooth headsets under $50, either MSRP or on sale. Anyone?

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've only got one pair, they're the Motorola S10-HD. I've had them for 3 or 4 years and they still work fine. I would like some with better sound quality though.

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

I had  those too but recently switched to MPOW Magneto $25.99 on amazon!! Well worth the money, even has a cool feature where the earbuds are magnetized and when you take them out of your ears and put them together it pauses the music, pull them apart and it resumes. You aren't going to get the very best audio experience available but if you don't want to spend $100 on Jaybirds these sound good, are very comfortable, looks cool, battery lasts all day and if they break I'm only out $25.00 

Amazon.com: Mpow Magneto Wearable Bluetooth 4.1 Sports Headphones In-ear apt-X Stereo Headsets with 8-Hour Mic Talking T…

Mpow Magneto Review! - YouTube

• my all time favorite bluetooth ear plugs by Plantronics go2 , pretty light in weight & decent sound quality. these plugs can sleep for 180 days and with rechargeable pouch you can recharge multiple times any where ...

Plantronics always come up with excellent bluetooth products, practical design and excellent performance.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The first pair of bluetooth headphones I owned was the Leme Bluetooth Headphone EB30A that costed around ~$25, not bad for a pair of budget bluetooth headphones. Comfort wise, it is okay, but personally, I guess I don't like over-the-head headphones much, prefer in-ear earphones or just regular earbuds.

Leme BT headphone ($40 retail at the moment): Leme Bluetooth Headphones EB30A - LeMall.com

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

​ like ​ I've used the Motorola S10-HD  for a number of years and have been satisfied with their performance. Good volume easy connectivity, plenty of on device control. My challenge with them has been the way the band wraps around the back interferes with my workouts if i have to lie down.  I'm considering these Monster one's or something like them but I'm frugal (cheap) when it comes to buying things for myself.