Will the ZTE Warp Elite get the Marshmallow update?

Will the ZTE Warp Elite get the Marshmallow update?

Answers

• zte_usazte_usa United States Posts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great question, Ian.  I know that a lot of our customers are looking forward to new updates for their devices.  At this time, we do not have any information on future Android updates. As soon as we have word of an update we will post them on our social media accounts; be sure to follow our social media accounts on Facebook.com/ZTEUSA and Twitter.com/ZTE_USA

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

We hope so.

• utahman1971utahman1971 UtahPosts: 31 ✭✭

How do they decide which devices get updated? I have the ZTE Citrine and I asked this in chat with staff on the ZTEUSA site and they just said wait. That is it. No notifications or anything. Just keep checking the software update on the phone. I told him that is just ridiculous because who wants to just keep checking daily over and over again? Would be nice to have some kind of popup on the device or message saying there is an update to Marshmallow, Please click to get the update. Then we can either choose yes or no. It looks as if we are supposed to just sit back and check daily and hope it happens. Also, it is the same to go to your social network profiles as much as it is checking on the phones. Need better notifications for that.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ you will get a notification on you phone when/if an update is pushed out to the device, however I would advise that its not very likely that you will see an update to Marshmallow, considering the device is likely to have an updated model released soon its more likely they are focused on the Software for that new version

• utahman1971utahman1971 UtahPosts: 31 ✭✭

Really? This model was released March 2016. So how do they release a next model few months after one already released? I thought they usually release a newer model more around a year time. Plus, it was just barely shown on the zteusa.com. Did you even notice I was talking about Citrine and not Warp?

• Well ian44accordx I honestly do not see why they can not update us Warp Elite N9518 users. There's no issue hardware wise as the Warp 7 is the EXACT same phone with the exception of the USB Type C. Same board, processor, cameras etc... It's LITERALLY the same phone in a different housing.

But like I said...There's no reason they "can not" but they probably "will not" so we'll be forced to buy a new Warp 7 device if we want the update, that is "IF" we want to stick with their products.

It really gives me pause for thought going forward. Especially when there's no bootloader unlock program or root for this device and therefore there's no chance of community support.