[CAMERA MANUAL MODE] Great Night Shots Using Manual Mode

fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

Hey Guys!!! I've had so much fun playing around with the Axon 7's Manual Mode Settings over the last few days that I've decided to submit a short video on how to achieve some really great night shots by using the Axon 7's manual mode. I hope you guys enjoy watching it as much as I did making it!!  

Great Night Shots Using Manual Mode - With The ZTE Axon 7 - YouTube

Comments

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

thank you for the kind words!  Being a "camera layman"  myself I definitely know where you are coming from and I also appreciate a simple explaination that I can understand.  (I hope I am answering your questions correctly)... but yes the adjustments were made in "real time" .  As I adjusted the slider bar for each value I was able to see changes in the "look" of the image. To answer your last question it is simply yes and no .  I did have all of my settings adjusted the way I thought it looked best and then only adjusted the exposure time which for that particular scenario took a nice photo at 5 seconds.  I took some photos with a longer exposure time but did not see much of a benefit with that particular scenario.  Afterwards I tried keeping the exposure time set at 5 seconds and started to take photos only adjusting the iso (backing off a little bit or increasing a little)  to see if I liked the way the photo looked better with that minor adjustment.  This is what I mean by "playing around "  with the settings to try and find the combination of different adjustments that produces a picture that looks the best to "you" with your own eyes to achieve your desired photo.  What really helps is using a tripod.  I have tried taking photos outside in very low light but to achieve this I had to increase the value of the shutter speed to be open much longer,  doing so made the camera/photo sensitive to every minor shake or hand tremor.  Placing the Axon 7 on a tripod eliminated this as a factor and I was able to achieve some really great shots in manual mode .

​ I used a flexible/magnetic tripod bought on Amazon for $24.99 which is very portable and has been a huge help for me in taking some real great shots with my Axon 7 at night and in low light situations. . 

https://www.amazon.com/Joby-GorillaPod-Bluetooth-Universal-Smartphones/dp/B018UP7Z5O/ref=sr_1_11?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=147…

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great work, . Thanks for everything you provide to the Community!

Thank you I appreciate  it and can say the same for you  without question

@jimlloyd40  lol   

LMAO.

• gentlemusergentlemuser DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

Extremely helpful video !

Thanks I appreciate it.  Next time I'll write up a little script to follow so I get all of my points across in a short video a little better 

Thank You

• scott_mscott_m Schaumburg, IL USAPosts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for making something intimidating, approachable.

I am glad my video was able to help you out! I took your advice (for fun)  and created a YouTube Channel "MobileTechMatters"  I placed my "Great Night Shots Using Manual Mode" video on the channel.  We'll see if it evolves into something more . . . .   

​ BABY STEPS   I know how much time all of this stuff takes and I give the likes of ​ a lot of credit. This may become a small hobby....we shall see.... Right now my day job, family and this forum take precedent over Youtube, but slow and steady wins the race and hopefully I can grow that into something interesting as well.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You have another subscriber. Great job. I left a comment from my personal channel.

Thanks that makes  what... 4?  lol I haven't had time to do much with it at all.  For now it's a place to put any videos I end up making to link to.  Maybe it will grow over time when I am able to put more content and effort into it.  If not,  that's OK too 

Should be up to 5 now I'm onboard!

lol thanks really gaining some momentum!      I give all you tubers especially the ones that are members here a lot of credit.  I can see how much work and effort you all put into your channels and appreciate it.  I wish I had a lot more free time to do it because I can imagine how much fun it can be especially once you get up and running,  get used to video editing etc.  Awesome guys really!  

Same here, ​. I don't have the time (or creativity) to edit the videos or come up with the content. I'm not one to be in front of the camera much to begin with.

you definitely have the drive and knowledge though

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Being a You Tuber means free time (non-work) automatically becomes video creation time. It only works if you really love what you're creating, IMHO. A bit easier for those of us who's children are off raising their own families.  Still must juggle wife-time with You Tube-time though.

I have some of the drive, but there are definitely more knowledgeable people around this place for sure

​, I have a bunch more if you want i could share those as well. Not sure the best place to do that. Public drive of some sort?