Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

[Survey] Complete this purchasing attitude survey and have a chance to win a $10 Gift Card!

2»

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you like the Mini ​! Let us know if you have any questions or issues.  We'll do our best to get them answered.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dual camera

Processor

8 meg front camera

I feel the dual camera tech is starting to make a difference. Good processor is needed & selfie camera is becoming more important all the time.

• g808g808 United StatesPosts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. RAM + ROM for Performance

2. Dual camera

3. 4000mAH Battey

Performance is always #1 for me. If the device is slow, stutters, lags, etc then I don't want to use it.

Camera is #2, not necessarily dual camera with bokeh effects but a good quality camera that can take nice photos in good and low lighting in auto mode as quickly as possible (from pulling it out of my pocket to snapping the pic).

A long lasting and fast charging battery is always key. Needs to get through a full day with some to spare, so I'm not worrying about how to use my phone without it dying. Quick charging is very important since it would enable me to not have to charge my phone overnight and give peace of mind in case I need to top off in a short out of time.

• alikaalika Tucson, AzPosts: 4

Done wih the survey.

1. 6 inch display because they are nice to view and i i have big fingers so its nicer to type with.

2. The memory and storage capacity is critical 

3.  Processor quality would be another critical feature fo

• kingantoniuskingantonius Conroe, TXPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

I chose 4000 mAh battery, 2GB RAM and 32GB storage, and Quad core 1.2 CPU.

I've bought a lot of "Burner" phones and even though I had no intention of keeping them more than a few months until I could get a better phone, it still drove be insane whenever the battery died a few hours later, or the phone crawled, or by the time the OS and bloatware had been installed there was not enough RAM to run more than two apps and there was so little storage left that you could only install about 10 apps.

• alikaalika Tucson, AzPosts: 4

Hey thank you very much for that i really do appreciate the personal

recognition and i can say that makes the experience so much more valuable!

I know its a long shot but I've been trying to get root access on my mini

well, since about a week after buying it. I know the answer is probably not

but i thought if anyone could it would be you guys. And i would be the

first one that i know of to get it!

Anyway thanks for making this a lot of fun and i am really happy with my

device

Its been a while since i could say that and i go through phones let me tell

you that.

Thanks

Alika

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No worries ​. And thank you for the nice words!  The mods and ambassadors work hard to make sure everyone gets the attention they need.  As far as rooting, there is no word whether or not modding of any sort will be supported on the Mini.  Hopefully you continue to enjoy the Mini!

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Battery is my top concern in a phone. I need it to last all day while away from my desk.

• Ram first this is always what's looked for in any phone I purchase.

Battery life second cause no matter the price your phone should never die at midday.

CPU next cause functionality determines a lot

• eriktherederikthered Cincinnati, OHPosts: 7 ✭✭✭

I chose:

1. Battery
    2. Camera
    3. RAM

Having used a phone that didn't make it a full day on a charge makes me highly value having a big battery. Otherwise having a nice camera on you at all times is great as well as general phone responsiveness.

• maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like the bigger screen and camera i like the better camera as i would use it for work , this way i wouldnt need to have a different camera to worry about

• bjhiltbrandbjhiltbrand United StatesPosts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Display, Battery, and Processor. However, it was a pretty hard decision between processor and RAM. If you're buying a $200.00 phone, you're not buying it to take great pictures. There's no reason to focus on cameras here. However, you want to have a phone that is at least capable of doing most functions expected of a smartphone today. Those functions require at the very least, a decent processor, at least 2GB of RAM, and a battery to get you through the day. I put the screen first just because I love phablets.

• battery, memory, display

Large battery because power to the device and I'm hard on battery life my phone is dead halfway thru the day.

Memory because I need more than I have always. Even my PS4 ran out of room and I had to upgrade the memory on it. Memory is key.

Display I like a large display all the better to see you with my pretty. Yeah I quoted a movie.

• taotao Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭✭

As always it is about the utility for the money.  Internal storage and battery life are universal for any smart phone.  The rear camera is probably the main secondary feature of a phone, and also needs a decent amount of storage space.  Screen size is only really important for those who use their phones as a media player, and really should also be complemented with better speakers.  However a budget phone is probably not for playing as much media.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I chose 1. Processor 2. 4000mAh battery 3. 2 GB of Ram.

Looking for a smooth, fast performance, while not sacrificing battery life. I think 2 GB of Ram is the bare minimum, but I don't think that is really enough for smooth performance. I believe 3 would be much more apt.

• scott_mscott_m Schaumburg, IL USAPosts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Processor
    2. Battery
    3. RAM

Mainly because a good camera would be likely be laggy with a weak processor and RAM. Screen quality has gotten pretty ubiquitous and the size isn't really that important to me.

• scott_mscott_m Schaumburg, IL USAPosts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried really, really hard, but I just can't figure out what that means.

• orion116orion116 MichiganPosts: 1

I choose battery as my first choice because need a phone that can go a long time without charging. Next I chose ram and storage. Both to me are very important as I like to game and storage music, movies, etc on my phone. Next I chose camera as I live in a very beautiful place and visit lots of beautiful places.

• rjt378rjt378 ChicagoPosts: 63 ✭✭✭✭

1 Ram/Storage

2 4000 mah battery

3 Rear Camera

The battery is the most impressive aspect but I would at least need 32gb of storage so that is first.

• throestylethroestyle Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭

1. Processor

2. Ram

2.Battery

I value performance over physical screen size, which means a quality processor combined with efficient Ram to support having multiple apps open at the same time. While screen size is important, 6in screens are entering into Nexus 6 territory which is a tad large for many users.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did and done

• batman101batman101 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use my camera sporadically my girlfriend takes most of the pictures so the cameras not a huge issue for me.  I was more concerned about battery life, ram and internal storage.  Pretty much any midrange phone and higher is gonna have a good to great processor these days that's why I chose the other key factors first.

• I chose the same. Budget minded people still use social media and snapchat so a nice front facing camera is important, battery size is always a plus, and enough storage to download a decent amount of apps as long as you store your photos in the cloud (or on expandable card). PERFECT budget smartphone in my opinion.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Also done, 1. Rear Camera, 2. Memory, 3. Battery  The big screen would keep me from buying it.

This discussion has been closed.