ZTE Grand X 4 list of known issues

I'm new to the community. My precise is Cricket.   I've owned a ZTE grand X Max Plus, and I just traded it in for the new ZTE grand X 4. Overall so far I'm liking the phone. But I've noticed a few things that kind of irk me about this phone that I didn't have with the other phone.

1.  No ability to move apps from the phone to the SD card. 

2.  Not able to disable some apps like Google apps that i do not use.  For instance, i use Outlook for my email client. So as i have no need for Gmail or the native email client, i can't disable Gmail to conserve phone space.

What are some issues you're ruining into with this phone?

Answers

• I haven't been able to find a feature for phone to automatically turn off & on... It's driving me crazy!

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod

​ under the settings menu go to Advanced settings and then do you see where it says scheduled power  on/off?

​ moving an app to the SD card is not possible, the code is not in Android 6.0 and apps need to specifically enable an app to work on external storage in order to install the files there. Its not something your able to do on 99% of phones.

As for the Gmail you cant remove system apps from Google, per Androids requirements they are unable to be removed as they are part of the open source license requirements for the OEM

• When recording video in a noisy environment (concert, loud room with many voices) the audio is terrible. 

• guitarfreak521guitarfreak521 USAPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

I have been some what successful moving apps to the SD card...

The thing is:

1. I had to buy a different type and size SD card..(WHY IT WORKS NOW...NO IDEA...WHATEVER LOL)

2. I can only move certain apps.

3. The apps I am able to move have a tendency to not work right and be buggy..For example the app works but the Widget won't.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE TO FLASH OR HARD RESTART THIS PHONE..IT CAN AND WILL DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR SD CARD!! Yes, EVEN ALL THE STUFF YOU JUST BACKED UP!!

JUST TO GIVE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE A HEADS UP.

GODSPEED

• guitarfreak521guitarfreak521 USAPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah the sound isn't the greatest in noisy environments..

• ricksheeleyricksheeley Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited July 14, 2017 3:53PM

Yas, while you can't uninstall GMail, you can turn off updates, disable notifications, etc., and just remove the icon from your home screens. I just did this for my mom's phone....

• dvass77dvass77 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

Every third party music player will automatically crash after PRECISELY 15 minutes. This is a thread here (https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/14383/apps-turning-off/p1) that describes the issue on other phones. I have not heard of seen of any update/feature/solution that can fix it.

Support said that if factory reset didn't work then it needs to be sent in for repair.

Did anyone ever find a fix? Or get an update?

I'm using a ZTE GRAND X 4 (Z956)

Android 6.0.1

Baseband version: Z956H01

I'm wondering if there's any kind of update/patch I can implement that would offer a solution. As I said, supports online advice is sending it in for repair. Trying to avoid that if I can. No problems otherwise.