Welcome to our Beta Lab page.

No Current Recruitment Projects

Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Welcome to the Beta Lab [Read Me First]

Comments

• rchbrmd53rchbrmd53 Racine, WisconsinPosts: 7

Hi, I've been trying for a week now to get into my profile to fill it out, but it doesn't show up anywhere on any ZTE site and/or page. Maybe someone can steer me in the right direction to do so. I get the avatar, edit icon, and search icon, but no way to change anything, and no menu. Help me please!!!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, are you using a desktop machine or a mobile device when you log in?

I'm using my ZTE Sonata 3. I've tried it on my N817 as well, and on my laptop. Everything shows in black.

• firesilverbladefiresilverblade Hanahan, south carolinaPosts: 19

Same thing I can't fill out anything where would we find the location to make sure everything is filled out? 

​ and ​, on the desktop version, at the top of the screen is the icon you choose for your profile with a little down arrow in it. Click that then select Edit Profile. Make sure all of the fields are filled on then click finished.

Then you will have to wait until the Mods post another opportunity to Beta test.  Currently there are no new tests available right now. Hope this helps.

I finally got it to work on my laptop. Funny,  all I had to do was reformat my drive and reinstall windows and everything popped right up. May have been a problem in my google settings. Thanks for the help, and for those who use android, you can't use your phone for doing your profile, but a windows phone, i-pad,  or laptop will work just fine.

np ​ glad it's straightened out!

• ak47471ak47471 Greenville,SCPosts: 26

Do you know when we will be informed for the A7 nougat bata preview program?

And when and where to DL the software?

• xblackdemonxxblackdemonx CanadaPosts: 102 ✭✭✭✭

Nougat soon™ !!!

Hoping to be a beta tester for the nougat goodness, I'm an experienced tester and will provide valuable feedback to the community. Axon7 is king!

Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to have to wait till the next time around and take our chances once again to get into a test program. I look forward to the next  program or phone test to come my way, although I have a lot to do for review write-ups and testing to keep me busy for a couple more weeks. Hang in there everyone, "What goes around, Comes around". Until the next post..Adios

Why do you say that ​?

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

Hi, again I'm Robert under a new profile but same as my other post I live in south Carolina I love to use and play on my phone. I do root my phones but this one I'm going to wait on for more support on CM and xda but love the axon 7 and will by ZTE axon 8 or whatever the next phone name will be as long as the specs are Par with the high end phones. My hobbies are computer building and messing up my phones in a good way and bad lol.  Love to watch YouTube for answers to my questions and always learning more to build on computers and for data on new and up and coming phones and computer hardware and software. Im not an expert but I dabble. And I hope ZTE will listen to us for support on their Ui.

Welcome Rob, same here, I'm also from SC, Greenville to be exact, good to see you in the community, I'm hoping we all get to be beta testers for ZTE, nougat is by far the best OS Android has made and if it's coupled with MiFavors enhancements it's bound to be the best OS for out Axon7's yet! Good luck and goodsbe.

Welcome ​.  Good to have your profile all straightened out

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome firesilverblade1 to the community.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

firesilverblade1 Welcome to the Community!! 

Would love to get that email to beta test the Axon 7 nougat preview, I may not be super active in our community but I am an experienced beta tester for the likes of many OEM's for the past 5 years, I made a mistake when I signed up for the preview a few days ago and hoping that not the reason I haven't been selected yet, I put my IMEI number in correctly but wrong username, any info and help would be great! Thanks for your time none the less.

• copoliicopolii Vancouver, BCPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

Profile's complete and I'm ready to receive my nougat

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

is welcome to Z-Community!  Be sure to check out   to help you learn how to navigate around the community as well as control your notifications.  Check out the search icon in the upper portion of the screen and search for topics that interest you or create your own and we I'll all chime in the conversation.  You can also reach out to the Mod Squad with any issues or concerns you may be having WELCOME ABOARD

• vldvld Denver, COPosts: 25

How would I go about becoming a hardware / software tester? I used to be a beta tester for software many years ago and would like to get back into beta testing. Additionally, I wrote reviews for various user groups. Please let me know how I could possibly become a beta tester again. I have filled out my profile completely. If there's more that I can add please let me know.

I have been using Android ever since the Nexus S. Currently I'm using the Pixel but I'm not thrilled with it. I love the specs of the Axon 7 128 gigabyte. Obviously I'm like many others and would like to see it have 7.1.1 as it's OS.

I also do a fair amount of interfacing with my Android and my MacBook Pro. I do photography and like testing the cameras on the various Android phones. As far as my phone's I have owned the Nexus S, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and now the Pixel.

Sincerely,

VLD

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. You have already done the hard part, completing your profile. All that is left to do is keep an eye on ​ for upcoming beta announcements. This area is where they will post the current beta opportunities, and news. Some other great areas of interest to check out are ​. Hang out, and get to know us all

• markstrootmarkstroot Terre HautePosts: 107

Of course its complete

Where is the NDA, that I need to sign? I could not find it. Conrad.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

If you are selected for a beta test you will receive all of the necessary documents via the email you used to create your Z-Community account.

Password is no longer working and can't get back in. Conrad

Working

• chrisslownesschrisslowness Willingboro, NJPosts: 3

I'm new and downloading the latest update from MetroPCS.  I guess I will have to keep checking email to see if I am invited to the beta.  In the mean time check out my super budget car stereo system (my third hobby):

All of this is in my 2002 Mazda Protege:

JVC KD-R775S Head Unit ($55 special at best buy, got it for the 3 pairs of RCA outputs and 4.8v signal output)

Using the ProEQ settings to tune the system and raise or lower all frequencies as needed

Pioneer GM-D1004 Amp for speakers (4 x 45W RMS) ($45 brand new on letGO, the person thought the power was missing, didn't read manual)

Two PowerAcoustik NB-18 Tweeters on front A-Pillars (powered by head unit, $8 at Walmart)

Scoche HD6904 6"x9" pair in rear (paid $25 for pair at Walmart on sale)

Scoche HD57684 6"x8" pair in front doors (Paid $19 for pair at Walmart on sale)

Polk 12" DXI124 single voice coil sub (rated to handle 350W RMS) ($17 on letGO) 

Metra 12" ported enclosure from BestBuy ($59 from Bestbuy)

Boss AR1500M 1,500 watt amp (running mono to speaker above 453W RMS) ($47 on amazon)

Kicker TC10 10" subwoofer with enclosure (rated to handle 150W RMS) ($49 on sale at Bestbuy, regularly $119)

Dual XPR522 600 Watt amp running bridged mono to the sub (250W RMS so they say) ($49 on sale at Walmart)

Boss CAP8 (8 farad capacitor, probably really 1 farad but it has a useful digital voltage readout) ($49 on amazon)

Wiring I spent about $100 total  (including 4gauge Scosche amp install kit, 2 Scosche distribution blocks, 1 Kicker distribution block, 20ft 12 gauge speaker wire and 50ft 14 gauge speaker wire)

TOTAL: $522.00