Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

We’ve become obsessed with sharing...

Comments

• davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

A job on basis of a single post? I assume you don't run your own business

• markstrootmarkstroot Terre HautePosts: 107

Ha ha no I don't Dave. From your writings alone I feel like you have very good writing skills and I feel like you could have your own vlog that you could capture a large audience. Maybe it's just me  

Haha, thank you, Mark!

Well, a job or an own vlog 'with a large audience' is pretty fast forward nevertheless

A lot of users search new devices once they're announced. I have a feeling that this Axon 7 will be a huge hit for what it packs under the hood. So with your tech knowledge I feel you could explain it in an easy to understand review through writing and visual.

Well, thanks once again

But it's not that easy. There are tons of other people out there doing exactly that. Additionally I don't get any devices for free of course which is a serious problem for doing things like that. Sadly I don't have enough money to simply buy them all for myself

And yeah, the Axon 7 checks a lot of boxes. It could be that this will state some sort of breakthrough for ZTE in western markets, assuming ZTE won't mess anything up (launch, software experience, support etc).

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can attest to this....Support is excellent.  Had other devices one in particular that support makes you jump through hoops if it is even existent. 

True it's all about having great customer service as well if there are any hiccups and having a successful launch as well.

omg yes support is very critical. I had one manufacturer that I just gave up on them because their support was horrible

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I prefer to read, over  watching video at any given time. I don't usually finish videos through to the end. I'd be more than willing to check it out, and keep an open mind, but would hope it would be kept to a minimum. Well wait, can any of you guys actually entertain?...lol I'm not against it, just not sure I would gain as much as I would reading. Maybe a text version of the same content, to keep everyone happy.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin

You better believe it ! We can entertain!

Looking forward to what you guys have up your sleeves and how the Axon 7 will perform

• I can watch YouTube style tech videos all day. When I'm researching a product that I'm interested in I always start with YouTube (reviews, unboxings, etc.). Definitely recommending a weekly Vlog.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

Okies, I'm in! Let the entertainment begin.... lol

I'll bring the chips and salsa if you bring the fun lol. Party with ZTE

• reoreo North AmericaPosts: 167

Depends on length, whether hypeless and facts without fluff.

Keep the suggestions coming. I'm down for all sorts of content creation!

Id say get someone who is strictly iOs or BB and have them switch to ZTE for a week and have them vlog about their exoerience

• I would watch video blogs. I already do follow a few on You tube

• chrsnchrsn New YorkPosts: 217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Professional videos on YouTube are pretty easily digestible and sharable with everyone, but if it's just announcements or discussion type news about the direction that the company takes you could also do AMA's to attract questions from the community.

• mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

Personally speaking, I spend most of my time online when commuting. Therefore, my phone is my primary internet device, and I need to use my mobile data for everything. I rarely get to watch any videos, and usually ask people in forums for summaries of what's in the videos. Also, as I live in China now, accessing YouTube is a pain!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I think a mixture of both is key. Articles are great reading for comparisons and full information but I think most people watch youtube videos and like seeing hands on reviews and putting a face to it all. Its great seeing someones personality shine through in a video. You don't just relate to the product but also to the person of group  behind the product as well. It becomes a more meaningful, immersive, and an experience you really enjoy. I have my favorite Youtubers and its not just the content of what they are talking about that is interesting but they are as well.  I would like to see the team vlog all events  and activities (with in reason). It would be interesting to see things from their perspective.

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that vlogs are way less convenient to consume. Unless the content really needs to be conveyed in a video, I'd go for text whenever possible.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would definitely watch a weekly vlog. But, I also read many posts from tech blogging sites every day. So, a 50/50 would be great imho.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Do you have enough content for a weekly vlog? Perhaps biweekly 5-10 minutes? I for one would love to see summaries of threads here over the past 2 weeks, FAQ answers, and tours of ZTE facilities (testing, design, software, manufacturing). Of course, I think I will read this forum every few days.

We're constantly coming up with new ideas and figuring out the best way to present them. The feedback is always welcomed!

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Do some live streams, it would be awesome

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

What about a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly podcasts to discuss current events with ZTE!!

Great ideas !

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Yea, I think ​ and I are on the same page! ​ I think live streams from some of the events throughout the year would be a nice change of place from the more regular vlog

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.