Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We are currently not recruiting at this time for any new projects.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Interested In Beta Testing.... Do This First

Comments

• taix6taix6 CaliforniaPosts: 5

Hi, I love testing beta firmware to enhance the capabilities of the devices I use and have used. I love my Zmax pro, but with the b12 software I updated to has had issues. I am hoping to receive the beta software enhancment to renew my love for this ZTE device. I used Nokia 5190, lg, Samsung, lg windows, and Android devices but this ZTE packs a punch spec wise, but is in direct need of better software. I implore you to select me for beta testing!

• billsheppbillshepp Los Altos, CAPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a tech early adopter living in Silicon Valley. My first job out of college was to find bugs in an enterprise voicemail system, and I've been beta testing products ever since. My current role is as an executive at a major home security / automation company where I work with technology providers and startups to find interesting new products and trends in the connected home marketplace. As such I have many connected devices (light switches and bulbs, A/V, doors, Amazon Echo, Google Home, etc.) and need to keep them working well enough so that my wife and kids don't complain, sometimes a challenging task! I drive a Tesla, have a fantastic Rhodesian Ridgeback / Doberman mix family dog, and play trombone.

On the smartphone front I had the original Samsung Galaxy (Captivate), the Galaxy S2, an HTC One, the Galaxy Edge S6, and now the Axon A7.  Prior to the S6 I would typically root my phone and run custom ROMs, but I didn't want to lose Samsung Pay on the S6 so I didn't root that phone, and I don't feel particularly compelled to do so with the Axon either (unless necessary to beta test, of course). I also have a Daydream which I'm looking forward to putting to use.

- Bill

• horemanshoremans MississaugaPosts: 1

john.jpgHey, have Axon AR1, OnePlus2. One Plus 2, both now retired. The OP2 was great with Cyanogenmod, right up till a few days ago. Loved Nougat on that.

Anyway, well able and interested in flashing any reasonable effort!

• copoliicopolii Vancouver, BCPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a software developer and have been developing for Android almost exclusively for 6 years. I've been a tech enthusiast for pretty much ever. I'm looking forward to this beta because I want to see if ZTE has addressed the common concerns on these forums (this determines whether my next device will be a ZTE or not).

I have a LOT of Android devices ... more than 10 phones (from Nexus One to my Axon 7), 2 nVidia Shield devices, an OUYA ...

I'm hoping for a nearly vanilla nougat (Or Cyanogenmod/Lineage) experience on my Axon 7.

Thanks.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,557 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. The best way, and first step to getting into a beta with ZTE is to complete your profile. It is very quick, and easy. Top right corner, look for a silhouette icon, click the downward facing arrow, and then edit profile from the drop down menu. Continue to watch for all beta news, and good luck to you

Good Evening Everyone! I see quite a few new members, and comments. Welcome to Z-Community, I hope to get to chat, and work with you all at some point. I see a common note in this thread is to talk about ones self, and excitement about beta testing. That is awesome, but please do not forget that in order to be considered for beta testing you must complete your profile. Top right corner, look for a silhouette icon, click the downward facing arrow, and then edit profile from the drop down menu. Fill out as much as you can, list your devices, and relevant information. If you have any issues, mention/flag me ( @ symbol then username directly after) and I will see your question or issue much quicker. I'm always more than willing to help

• 1badelf1badelf Ash fork Arizona USAPosts: 1

I am a huge techy in heart and mind however I am limited to a go cart budget. I recently acquired the Axon 7 and it's probably one of my favorite devices right now. After three note 7 fiasco I went on a search for something different. Not only did my note 7 develope issues my gear fit 2 failed ad well. Needless to say my feelings about Samsung devices have taken a huge hit.

My devices at the moment are the Axon 7, iPhone 7 plus, LG V20, Blackberry passport, Nokia Lumia 1520 and galaxy S6 edge plus. My daily drivers are my Axon 7 and iPhone 7 plus. I like my diversity and like the ability to change to something different without having to buy Everytime I get excited.

I live in a very rural part of northern Arizona, population less than 600. The internet is the worst part of living in the sticks. Century Link our provider can only deliver data speeds just above dial up speeds at 1.25 mega bites.. most of the time it's on the the kilobytes.

I am a shift manager at a local fast food and enjoy my job for the most part.

I like being part of beta groups and being at the cutting edge of technology and software. But I also now that available spots are limited and its just a waiting game.

I have four dogs, all Australian shepherds, the youngest I just got an 8 week old red and white we named Camarrie, next in line is my 6 year old Aussie named Pogo and last but not least is my service dog Cinnamon who I've owned since she was 7 weeks old. My dogs are my life. I love my dogs more  people.

I am 56 and still very active in my life style. I hope to become a beta tester on any level because it helps me stay current. I am old school in my ways but technology had become a huge part of my life that I've actually taken on my job so I can afford to buy current devices. I'm never exactly a first day buyer. I have a waiting period I always wait, for two reasons, one to get feedback on the device and the second reason is to make sure it's exactly what I want.

I would actually load up pictures but haven't figured it out yet . But I will and I will load some pictures. I hope to be an asset to the community and to the beta testing. Thanks for reviewing my credentials. I do know how to a lot of things, I am not a developer however I can do some of it. I just chose not to do it because I don't have the time to devote to it. I don't taking on projects I can't give 100 prevent of myself.

• taix6taix6 CaliforniaPosts: 5

I've tried to update my profile, but unsuccessful. I posted and basically provided my profile on my post

• joeywjoeyw Posts: 8 ✭✭✭

Hi I was in group to of the Axon 7 beta and signed up to continue the next beta. I've updated to the latest beta but noticed I can not access the beta community forum anymore. Can you double check my access.

Thanks!

joeyw

• bgolden81bgolden81 Pontotoc MississippiPosts: 1

Hello, everyone. I'm BRADLEY GOLDEN, I have been beta testing Motorola phones until recently grabbing the ZTE ZMAX PRO. This phone has been great. For the price, it truly is the best phone out there.

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard this great community.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,782 admin

Please try and access the space now.

• throestylethroestyle Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭

Hi sshasan I am sadly in the same boat as joeyw. Would you be so kind to check my access as well? Thank you.

• chadavis72@gmail.com[email protected] Springfield, MOPosts: 19

Me too. I love phones and tech so much, I just want to buy them all...lol

Hi sshasan,

Im hoping you can assist me, up till the past weekend I was a Beta tester with access to the Beta forum. Since Sunday I lost my access. Would you be able to assist me? Thank you!

Did you respond to the discussion within the beta private space from ​ to continue testing?

If you didn't request to continue testing, you would have been removed from the space.

Thank you for the prompt reply! I did not respond to the discussion to continue testing, but I would love to continue testing. What steps do I need to perform to continue testing?

Unfortunately, at this time, the next round has already started and we would be unable to add you in.

May I ask, why am I getting invites to Beta yet everytime I apply, I never get any response? I would absolutely enjoy a chance to help improve software and hardware for the general public. But if you're not interested in me, please stop sending me invites and not having the respect to give me a response. Thanks.

​ Good Morning. You stated you are receiving invitations, where are you getting theses invitations, email? I receive emails with invitations to signup for betas to assist many companies (even zte,  sometimes)through companies like betabound, They however are not the same as Z-Community, and still it is only an invitation to their application, not a guaranteed spot as a tester. I have done beta testing for many years, all companies have an application process, and I have never come across a company that lets you know you weren't chosen. The format is always the same. Announcement/Invite to fill out the Application, Application Closed,  If chosen, you will be notified by Insert Date here.

There are many members that wish to beta test, that haven't been chosen. Fill out your profile with as much details as possible, and keep trying.

From Z Community. Where the hell else would i be getting invites. Im getting sick and tired if explaining over and over that i dont expect a beta spot but expect an answer and I DO NOT CARE HOW OTHER COMPANIES DO IT. Its not right to not notify people one way or the other. So stop making excuses for them. If they can seek people out, they can have enough respect to tell them they're denied.

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe that was an appropriate response. You asked a question and she attempted to help you.

I don't expect to get an email every time I'm not selected as I'm sure they get a large number of requests just like any other company. If you don't like how ZTE handles their process them don't apply and you can leave.

I really don't care what you think is an appropriate response. Nothing in her comment was helpful. And she asked a question with an obvious answer. And I've already said i wont be applying anymore. So wth else do you have to say? Stop replying to me. I've vented and don't need any help whatsoever.

• kumatora0203kumatora0203 Danvers, MAPosts: 262 ✭✭

People try to help you and then you treat them like garbage, so why even be here. This is a community of people trying to help others and this is how you act? As someone who isn't even old enough to join the army, I still want to help people and this be a nice place for others and you are just being rude and disrespectful.

• maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you want from her , she answered your question , you want more , too bad , i would love for companies to invite me to every beta , it just dont happen like that , grow up and stop the temper tantrum , cause to be honest , if i was ZTE , i wouldnt have you in a beta acting like this , you dont help yourself acting like this , and before you say you dont care again , everybody can see it matters to you , or you wouldnt be crying about it !!!!!

Even though we are over the net, please lets show some respect to each other. It's not really that hard to be nice, let's try that first. Super easy to lash out with anger first, but let's try to suppress that emotion.  I know that sometimes reading things online can be misunderstood,  just try to keep calm if you can. It's very easy to type out a nasty message online, but remember there is someone on the other side reading it. Represent yourseloves well at all times, even its online. Just be nice, it will take you far in more than just an online community.

Sometimes if if you don't like an answer, you can reach out privately instead of posting rude comments for all to see. Let's keep it about the TECH, and make this place what we all know it should be like. Positive energy, it will move quickly.

Onew thing to remember, you have the power to change whatever you don't like. If you don't want to be apart of this community, you have to power to leave. If you are getting notifications from anywhere and you don't want them, simply hit the spam icon in your email. You'll never know they are coming in going forward, and you can keep it moving.

i don't know if you were talking about all of us or just him not being respectful, but the only reason I said anything is because I don't like seeing others be rude to people who I would consider friendly people.

In general, and I didn't call out any one person for that reason. It's. It needed, because that rule apply to me and everyone else here. I practice what I preach. I want no issues, and I try to be nice first to EVERYONE! Best way to be in life! Thanks.

It sadens me when people are rude to others in this community. i and most others strive for peace, but lately it seems to have had a few issues.

Peace is all I want here

• I might be a little late---but I have done several beta testing---mostly software-- I am a XDA member , tested the MOAR rom for Galaxy S-5,other roms as well-- I love to beta test----I did the Nougat for t-moblie for the S7--I alo worked with spectroscopy for a world wide compnay----that was electronic as well as software

not much els to say

thanks