Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

How do you use Streaming Video Services?

yindanyindan Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consumer Labs would like to learn about how you use Streaming Video Services

1) Which Streaming Video Service(s) do you use on a daily basis?

2) How do you interact with these Streaming Video Services? Which devices do you stream on? When and where do you stream?

3) Are you satisfied with the current Streaming Video Services that are available? What do like and dislike about them? Please go into detail what you like and dislike about these services.

We appreciate your feedback!

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

1 I use Netflix, TWC,and youtube, nothing really beyond that. I think most movie, and TV apps are basically the same, it's just a matter of finding one that caters to your preferences.

2 I use mainly the Spro2, but watch music videos on my phone.

3 Overall, I have no complaints. They do what I need. I'm not a heavy streamer. I like watching series TV shows late night on Netflix, and it just works.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. I use Amazon Prime Video, Direct TV Streaming,  and Crackle.

2.) I stream on my Phone (Axon 7), tablet (Samsung S2), my TV (LG 50") and my desktop.  I stream whenever I get a free moment or if there is  game on and I am not at home to watch it on  tv.

3.) No I am not satified.... it seems like each one of them are lacking something..... which is the reason why i pick different ones throughout the day.   Some of them have the movies that I want to watch were as others have the specific tv show or video's that I want to watch.

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.I use YouTube,  Amazon Prime, Netflix, and HBO Go.

2. I cast all my shows and movies from my phone to Television.

3. Honestly, Netflix and Amazon Prime can do better. Netflix Canada has more new tv shows and movies, which we hardly get here in US due to rights. Amazon Prime can improve their video content by introducing better original content. Netflix and Amazon Prime, both needs to stop limiting their streaming to 1080p on 4K laptops.

• 1. Netflix, Amazon Prime

2. I use an original Chromecast when I'm at home, and my phone or tablet on the go.

3. I am satisfied with the services I use. I would prefer more television episodes closer to their cable air dates however. I haven't run out of things to watch just yet.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

1. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube.

2. At home we have Amazon fire sticks on seven tv's and two Vizio TV's that are smart TV's as well. When I'm on the go it all comes with me on my ZTE Axon 7

3. I do like what is available but wish they were "tweaked" a bit. While on the go  I can download a decent amount of content to my device with Amazon Video which saves me on a ton of data especially when in the car with the kids and traveling. I can't download content to my device with Netflix or Youtube, however I seem to enjoy Netflix better with its content (wish I could download the content to my device while on WiFi) and Youtube is an everyday go to experience, again, would be nice to download as well but not as necessary as Netflix due to the movies and tv shows I enjoy with it.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. Netflix, The CW, The CW Seed, Youtube.

2. I stream using Smartphone, Laptop and TV (using HDMI cable via laptop)

3. What i don't like about them? really there is nothing there i don't like from these 4 streaming services, i'm satisfied with every single one of them.

• Netflix, Xfinity app, YouTube and occasionally Hulu. As a family we gave up cable TV around 10 years ago to pursue streaming entertainment. Personally I use streaming services when at home, on lunch break at work or whenever I may have the time or need to binge. lol So far I have not missed watching TV since it seems most networks now stream the content within a day or two of airing.

How's do I stream? As many ways as I can. Mobile devices, laptops, desktops, Android TV sticks, Smart TV and other devices like Chromecast.

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 192 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Mostly just Hulu and YouTube.

2) I stream mostly on my Roku and Xbox One. However I watch more YouTube on my smartphone.

3) Honestly I do like my current streaming services. The one thing that I wish was better was the amount of content. I hate when I can't find a certain show on Hulu. Although I like that Hulu does a good job of getting newer shows sooner then most. Also some of the mobile apps could be better. That's the primary reason why I don't use Hulu on my phone as it's not as easy to use as say my Xbox or laptop.

• chase2889chase2889 Huntsville,ALPosts: 11

1) I use my Xfinity tv go slot in the car because anywhere there is Xfinity internet my wifi connects immediately. I also have another service with AT&T U Verse to stream as well as connect to AT&T internet.

2) Netflix, ESPN GO, HBO and mostly I can find whatever I want. It works better then plugging up my laptop to the TV if the game isn't on in my area but lags very bad as compared to my ZTE MAX PLUS  I have no issues. Great phone if only it would tell me who is calling instead of showing their number when they have already been saved in my phone. VERY ANNOYING!!

• msoloriomsolorio CaliforniaPosts: 3

Personally I use Youtube and Netflix and have attempted Hulu pluss and for the most part they work great except when they sometimes slow downn. I believe though that a new streaming scene such as the fire stick should be available via our cell phones and eliminate having multiple remotes and be able to do it on our cell phones without having to have a different device connected to our TV. I mean if we can stream Netflix and control it with our cell phones we should be able to get the most recent movies as well. I know there are other ways to do so but I've never actually seen too many that actually work when they say they will. There are still some people who have technical issues and get frustrated so we should create something extremely simple for those who don't quite get it.

Most of the app remotes I've downloaded work on my TV especially smart TVs I do agree with you on the fire stick surely they would have done it by now.

• I use Chrome cast to watch you tube, news, weather

Most Samsung smart TVs have built in Bluetooth which is more convenient with me weather I'm using my laptop to connect to the TV or phone my girlfriend will always have what she likes to watch. While I'm stuck explaining over and over how she could do it without me. Gotta love em

• I use Chrome cast to watch movies, instructional videos, streaming videos edit video and photos on Google play

Why waste money on a Chromecast that in a few years you'll have in a box with no clue where it is when you can connect with Bluetooth. That being said only if you have a capable tv

• I use my mobile phone and Smart TV along with chrome cast

I gotcha I have used them in the past but ended doing away with them and give them to my neices and nephews so they can play there games on there phone right on the TV. It greatly entertains them

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I use Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, crackle and sometimes I play games on the TV. I use chromecast to stream on my TV. I have to go between Hulu and Netflix for TV shows and movies. What I don't like about them is that they buffer sometimes but I could be getting bad signal at the time it happens. Other than that I like the streaming Vs cable a lot cheaper. I use streaming services at home at night on my axon 7 to tv.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1) Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Play Movies, Vudu, YouTube

2) On the phone itself or to the TV with Samsung SmartView

3) Happy with services especially since Netflix now lets you download some content.

• 1. Netflix, Youtube, amazon prime, Hulu, websites.

2 using Smartphone, PlayStations, And Laptop

3. Mostly satisfied with each of them. various contents and genra Depending on age of viewers.

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube

2. I stream on almost every connected device that I own: my phones, my laptop, my desktop, my smart tv, my streaming device (Roku). I just got rid of my video game console, but I used to stream on that too.

3. I will not be completely satisfied with video streaming services until the day I can have a single subscription that gives me access to every movie, tv show, live tv, etc. It is so silly and consumer-hostile to have content locked exclusively to one service.

• swamplandsswamplands Northern WI, USPosts: 7 ✭✭✭

1. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video,  youtube, vimeo

2. Roku 3, smartphone, Laptop (in that order)

3.  I am a cord cutter and use Tablo TV as my recording device.  For added content I use the streaming services listed above.  My biggest complaint is there is not a consistent way to consume sports programs for cord cutters.  It is hard to get access to college ball games for Big Ten schools or in my area hockey is also dificult to get on streaming services.

• superhiwaysuperhiway South Florida U.S.A.Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

Update your Netflix app. The latest version offers offline viewing via Wi-Fi download. Then you'll be good to go. Literally.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

​ Thanks  for bringing that to my attention. I haven't  used Netflix in over a week...maybe two weeks and when I opened the app that new feature was being advertised. WELL WELL WELL, it's about time Netflix, Thank You 

• superhiwaysuperhiway South Florida U.S.A.Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

YW.  I was just as surprised when I discovered offline viewing. I haven't had the time to review the process or the data to see what's actually going on there. i.e. Where it's residing, in what format, for how long, could it be moved, copied, converted, is it compressed, zipped, in multiple pieces, etc. ?? That would be a good topic for a new thread.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Video streaming services that I consume daily are Youtube, Amazon Prime Video, and Showbox; its highly likely I will be subscribing to Netflix in 2017. I use Crackle and Vudu as a last resort at the house.

I watch offline Youtube videos during my transport (Axon 7) and Prime Video when I'm at home (Galaxy Tab S). Galaxy Tab + Showbox to follow my stories I cast movies from Crackle with my Chromecast in the living room when there is nothing to do.

Will probably get a Roku device so I can get Prime Video and other services in one place. I like the ease of just going to one place to follow a show that I like and have to worry abt what channel it is on. Downside though is I am useless with a TV remote, all I know how to do is hit the input button to switch to Chromecast.

• 1. I use YouTube, Google Play, and Amazon Prime for most of my streaming needs.

2. We use a Chromecast which we broadcast through our phones.

3. I like the ones that are out there. The only minor complaint is having to use multiple services for different content. There's no one service that carries all the movies and tv shows together.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. I like most use Youtube which is my primary streaming service and then the only other I use is showbox.

2. I use it on my Axon devices and also through my Chromecast, sometimes copy to my laptop to watch

3. Both these two apps serve all my needs, Youtube has all my tech reviews and news and funny videos. Then Showbox app has every movie and tv show I watch and I can stream them or download them for offline use.

This discussion has been closed.