Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

How do you use Streaming Video Services?

2»

Comments

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz United StatesPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

Netflix. Play Movies.

I usually cast to my TV from my phone. My TV also has Netflix built-in. I sometimes watch episodes on my lunch break at work.  My Axon 7 is perfect for watching movies and TV shows.

I am very satisfied with both services. Especially since I can now download and go with both services.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

what is ShowBox I can't find it?

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

its much harder to find now a days but its not available on the play store because it torrents current and before release movies and tv shows. If you google it you might luck out and find the real apk but it takes alittle trial and junk before you find the release apk

Gotcha

So I'm sticking to Netflix and Amazon Video 

• I use twitchtv, YouTube, and Netflix. Stream usually from my phone(axon7) to a chromecast. I would like to be able to stream prime video, which I'm sure there's a way but the Samsung TV app built into my tv has a terrible interface and feels clunky. The overall experience has been fine and my family has cut traditional entertainment (cable/satellite) out completely going on about 4 years now. Being able to broadcast to three separate TV's (using chromecast... Children in separate rooms, me in the living room) is kind of nice. "The ultimate universal remote" lol.

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

I use Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube.  Netflix still needs more content, YouTube is full of ads and crap, and Amazon Prime has an ad before certain series advertising their exclusives I am not interested in watching. 

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1) The streaming services I use are: YouTube, Amazon Video, and other websites to watch dramas

2) For YouTube, I use my computer and/or phones to stream videos, but for Amazon Video, I usually use the TV.

3) I'm pretty satisfied with the video services available. YouTube have a lot of personal content creation on it, whereas main titles are available on Amazon Video and other streaming websites.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

1) I use DirecTv Now, Nextflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime Video

2) I use my computer and my smartphones.

3) I'm satisfied with all of my services and the only dislike is DTV Now does not have DVR functionality but its definitely not a deal breaker.

• taotao Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think streaming is a plague.  Possible bandwidth errors, plus compression losing quality.  I have always found streaming to be dumb.  I prefer downloading and watching, simply because of the chance of the stream failing sometime into the video.

1) For streaming services I use Youtube, and occasionally twitch simply because of the unique content that cannot be found elsewhere.  For music I buy the songs in .flac at ponomusic, or similar store (iTuines is an abomination).

2)  I watch Youtube and Twitch on my computer, usually as a replacement for watching tv.  Occasionally I will watch a Youtube video on my phone if I am out of the house, and need to research something.

3) As I said I dislike streaming services, and wish there were more services to deliver uncompressed video.  Bandwidth intensive, but a better experience.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1. I use Netflix, Hulu, Xfinity TV Go, Vudu, HBO Now, and YouTube. I wouldn't say daily though but definitely weekly I usually use most of these.

2. I mostly interact with them at home trying to catch up on some shows or podcasts while I'm moving around the house. For videos under 15 minutes I usually watch them on my phone. For sitcoms I'll watch on my 10" tablet. For anything longer than that I'll usually watch on my Smart TV or cast it to another TV using Chromecast.

3. Hmm I could say I'm pretty satisfied but there is always room for improvements. I love how Netflix has no commercials and their amount of original content. However their movie selection kinda sucks.

I like that Hulu offers the latest TV shows and has 2 price points, one of them being commercial free. I don't like that Hulu doesn't have the new episodes the night they air. I think any show should be up for streaming the same hour that it's shown live.

I like that Xfinity TV Go allows me to watch live TV on my phone or tablet, but personally I hate Comcast for gouging their customers and poor customer support.

I like HBO's original content and movie selection, but their price is outrageous.

I like how I can buy a Blu-Ray and get a digital copy that works on Vudu and can be used on so many different devices.

Overall I'd say I'm pretty satisfied but I would love a service that had shows the night they aired, available for streaming without commercials, at a decent price point, and also had a decent movie selection of recent movies. Basically take the great original content of HBO and Netflix. Along with recent TV episodes commercial free like Hulu, but with episodes within the hour they air. Plus some newer more recent movies, and all for a reasonable price.

• chui84chui84 Houston,TxPosts: 28

I use Netflix alot and some other very grey area streaming Websites...

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't stream on a daily basis, just occasionally.

1.  Amazon, Charter On Demand, Crackle, Pandora, Kodi, Youtube

2. Roku, HTPC, Yamaha Receiver, Sony Disc Player,  Always at home on large screen TV. Never use my phone for this purpose

3. Not a big streamer. What I have suits my needs

This discussion has been closed.