I cant transfer photos from phone to computer!

Answers

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

this is going to be the last resort, but HAVE YOU try doing a Factory Reset?

But before doing so, IF you have enough space in your SDCard or if you have an OTG Drive laying around save everything you need from Internal Storage to any of the mention drives / sdcard. Because Factory reset WILL WIPE EVERYTHING from your INTERNAL STORAGE.

All Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Reset

or via RECOVERY.

1. Turn Off /Shutdown the device completely

2- PRESS & HOLD Volume Up and POWER

3- When you see the Notification light turning off , RELEASE both bottom.

4- Navigate to " Wipe / Factory Reset " using the volume

5- once selected press Power.

6- when is done just " REBOOT SYSTEM "

hope that help with your problem

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you try transferring files on another Windows 10 computer?

• I haven't tried a different computer. I did have just enough space on my SD card so I did an internal transfer to the card and then removed the card from the phone and transferred the files via card reader on my PC. Annoying that I had to do it this way but would have saved hours trying the other way. I might try a factory reset at some point and see if that fixes it.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP EVERYONE!

• You need to enable USB debugging, when you plug the phone to pc, a notification would come out. You can also use a phone transfer tool to transfer android files to pc, with the help of those backup tools, you can easily transfer files from android to computer.

• I will introduce you the best backup assistant - Samsung Messages Backup, which aims to help android mobile phone users backup files to PC completely. If you have stored many beautiful pictures on your android phone, you can operate this software to transfer photos between android and computer whenever you want.

• I find Android Manager tool suite for your Android mobile phones.

With Android Mobile Manager, you can:

Transfer files from Android to PC

Backup and Restore SMS and contacts

Mange everything on your Android

• You can transfer android messages,photos,videos to computer with help of Samsung Backup. It could be the best program on the market, and give you the ability to get access to phone's internal memory and preview or export photos from android to computer with one click.

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard United StatesPosts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best/quickest/easiest method is here: X-plore File Manager - Android Apps on Google Play

The interface design takes a little getting used to, but it works very well. If you make a donation of a few dollars (as I did) you get a widget that turns your phone into a web server. You access is from your PC web browser by entering the IP address the server tells you. Then you can upload/download files to/from wherever you want on either device.

If this isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread I don't know what is.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

ES File Explorer free version has a server built-in to access RW files from you local network

• artmartm Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have the same problem - sort of.  I plug my USB Axon 7 cable into my Windows 7 PC.  The phone flashes a screen that I select MTP mode.  I go to PC and see the ZTE A2017U shows up on my Computer Drives list with SD Card and Phone underneath.  I select Phone-DCIM-camera and my pictures list shows up some 80+ items.  I Organize-Select All-Copy and go to the folder on my PC where I want to save the photos.  I Organize-Paste and it copies some 9 items.  And stops.  Box still sdays Copying.  But no copying taking place. Then Not Responding.  Then either 2 minutes left or Windows Explorer Not Responding.   Have tried multiple times.  Thus I am unable to get camera pictures off my phone.  What am I doing wrong ??!!

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard United StatesPosts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

What you are doing wrong is you are not using ES FileExplorer. It lets you transfer files via WiFi; no cables orspecial drivers required.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have run into this problem before. You are doing it right and I don't know if the problem lies with the phone or Windows. Try selecting only about 10 or so pictures to transfer and see if that helps. That's what works for me when I experience any problems.

Ram1220 - Yes, I am doing it right.  The same as any other device or phone I have used and connected to my Windows PC.  The device shows up as a drive letter in the Windows Explorer and you simply select the items you wish to copy, and paste them where you want, and the computer does the job, communicating with the device.  There's a bug somewhere in the Axon transfer process.  Probably a buffer handling problem in the phone.  Cant handle the USB speed handshake/slowdown process with Windows.  Given that phones are increasingly replacing cameras, it would be nice if this worked like a charm.  HELLO AXON Peeps !. 

1 - I dont do Data plan.  2 - I like my stuff where I - EYE - can control it.

I do not subscribe or pay extra for the ability to transfer Gigabytes of data in everyday use of the phone.

Such as web browsing, email, etc over the carriers cellular network.  My Cell Data is turned off, and

I access web email etc data down/uploads only using WiFi at home or other free locations.This keeps my

monthly bill at a modest level for phone calls connection.  I DO subscribe to Text usage from my carrier,

again at an additional cost.

• scgt1scgt1 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2017 8:31AM

I recently reloaded win 10 pro x64 and have this same stupid problem now. :-( Previously I didn't even have the zte driver installed. I decided to install it this go with windows. It just fills up the status bar on the one photo I'm trying to transfer about 1/8 and sits there looking at me like I'm stupid. Never had this problem before.

Removed the ZTE driver so it was like I had it before I reloaded windows and it still does the same exact thing. My phone is on the same (newest version) just like it was before the reload of windows. It shows up in my devices when connected as a multimedia device and MTP is selected on the phone. Before it's asked the screen is unlocked. I've done this before 1000 times before I reloaded both the phone and windows.

So I'm not sure if it's windows or the phone software having issues.
    I'm trying to move some 20 or so photos to my pc and have been at it 45min and only successful with 4 photos.

UPDATE!!!

Well I just confirmed it is this install of windows. I connected the phone to my game rig and transferred the photos in 20 some seconds across the network to this computer. I don't know what the issue is but for once apparently it isn't this joke of a $400 phone.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    If you use Google Photos, Drive and Docs everything will be backed up and accessible on your computer without doing anything.

I agree with you. This is what I do :wink:

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scgt1 said:
    I recently reloaded win 10 pro x64 and have this same stupid problem now. :-( Previously I didn't even have the zte driver installed. I decided to install it this go with windows. It just fills up the status bar on the one photo I'm trying to transfer about 1/8 and sits there looking at me like I'm stupid. Never had this problem before.

Removed the ZTE driver so it was like I had it before I reloaded windows and it still does the same exact thing. My phone is on the same (newest version) just like it was before the reload of windows. It shows up in my devices when connected as a multimedia device and MTP is selected on the phone. Before it's asked the screen is unlocked. I've done this before 1000 times before I reloaded both the phone and windows.

I'm trying to move some 20 or so photos to my pc and have been at it 45min and only successful with 4 photos.

UPDATE!!!

Well I just confirmed it is this install of windows. I connected the phone to my game rig and transferred the photos in 20 some seconds across the network to this computer. I don't know what the issue is but for once apparently it isn't this joke of a $400 phone.

I am not crazy about Windows 10. I have some things that work on my pc but not on my laptop. Both are running Windows 10. I didn't have any issues with Windows 7. Personally​ I disagree with you about the A7. I enjoy mine with no issues and $400 is an excellent price for it.

@scgt1 said:

UPDATE!!!

The latest version of Windows 10 aka the Creator's Edition is causing a lot of problems with computers. I build and repair them for a living. I have numerous driver disks that throw an error message when trying to be read in the Creator's Edition. Roll Win 10 back to the previous version and all is well again.

• scgt1scgt1 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭✭

@ram1220 said:

@scgt1 said:

UPDATE!!!

The latest version of Windows 10 aka the Creator's Edition is causing a lot of problems with computers. I build and repair them for a living. I have numerous driver disks that throw an error message when trying to be read in the Creator's Edition. Roll Win 10 back to the previous version and all is well again.

Rolling back is irrelevant. My daily and my game rig both have the creators update. My game rig transfers files damn near faster then you can see from the phone to the my daily across my network. The daily just sits there like I'm stupid as mentioned above. If it were the creators update causing it then my game rig wouldn't accept files from the phone either. :-( I wish that were the case.

@scgt1 said:

@ram1220 said:

@scgt1 said:

UPDATE!!!

Rolling back is irrelevant. My daily and my game rig both have the creators update. My game rig transfers files damn near faster then you can see from the phone to the my daily across my network. The daily just sits there like I'm stupid as mentioned above. If it were the creators update causing it then my game rig wouldn't accept files from the phone either. :-( I wish that were the case.

Then you got lucky. I see it everyday. And rolling back solves the issue. MS might get it right someday with another update.

Re transferring photos : May have found an answer. Plug phone into USB cable to PC (mine is Win 7). USB 2 seems work more consistently than USB 3. Select Media Device MTP. Download/Install FreeFileSync (no affiliation but suggest donation - this is G-O-O-D backup/copy software - and Fast!) . Set Compare left side to MTP:\ZTE Axon etc. Set right to desired PC folder. Mirror or Update. Click compare. Click Synchronize - Mirror or Update. Seems to work. Most times. One glitch is it wont transfer 'Live Photos' - whatever they are! Suspect Axon photo file structure incompatability.

• beachtraxbeachtrax SoCalPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I find it much easier to do just by using Google Photos. Every picture that you take will be on Google Photos instantly without doing anything.

I use Google Photos as well. Knowing that I can access my photos on my Windows 10 Gaming computer, my iPhone SE and my Axon 7 makes things easier.

• RachelEvansRachelEvans United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Maybe you should try some phone manager tools. To avoid the same error message, but also to be able to transfer quickly.