Problems accessing MS exchange

I use my phone for work so it is extremely important that my phone sync with our servers via exchange.  I have seen a few references to this problem, but non from people who were completely shut out of exchange using the "add an account" setting.

After wrestling with this problem for hours, a person in my IT department found an interesting work-around: he added the account through g-mail.  Why this worked instead of the stock apps I can't say but I am glad that it does -- otherwise the phone would have to go.  I still have to view email in the heinous g-mail format and it continuously merges my inboxes, but it does seem to sync with my outlook calendar. No server contact list though.

Has anyone else had similar problems with exchange?  Is it a software glitch?  Will ZTE repair it? Until then what are your workarounds?

Guy

Answers

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I sync my A7 with my corporate exchange server without issue.  I have both used the MS Outlook App (which I don't like) and continue to use my preferred app, Nine.  Both sync, with server contact lists.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I used to sync with our corporate Exchange server with no issues. We have now switched to Office 365 and again i can sync with no issues. I am forced to use the Microsoft Outlook app in order to do this.  I have never had any issues with syncing email, with the exception of contact notes.  The notes for my contacts does not sync, but that has already been reported as a known bug.  Thanks!