Will Axon 7 Mini receive Android Nougat?

2»

Answers

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, no release yet as the Beta is continuing. No ETA on the release yet either.  I know not the news you were hoping for.

• crazydcrazyd Clearwater, FLPosts: 12

Thank's I kind of figured that, but figured maybe someone knew if a ETA had been announced which I had not been able to find while searching.  I did at least manage to find unlocked post on the topic^^

• chavochavo neverlandPosts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

bump bump....still no word on official release????

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know it is in beta test, right? There was a call for beta testers in this forum.

yeah dude...my invite was buried in my email and when i found it a week later....too late. So i am extremely interested in the Beta test progressing at a healthy rate.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

there is still no official word.  you'll here it here first in the Z Community once it becomes official.  Thanks!

that is so heart warming...thanks Hollap....i feel so much better now...lol

Isn't it more important that your phone WORK rather than having the latest and greatest just for the sake of having the latest and greatest?

My experience with Marshmallow "B21" build was that it was pretty stable. What about Nougat has you chomping at the bit for it? Serious question.

• yk11yk11 Posts: 91

I expressed this exact sentiment before.  To me, this device is first and foremost a "phone".  As a "phone", I expect it to make and receive call when I need to.  On top of that I want it to work when I use the calendar, messaging, and variety of other apps I have installed.

Whether the underlying OS is KitKat, Marshmallow, or Nougat makes not difference to me as long as this "phone" is robust, efficient, and easy to use.

In order of importance to me: stability, performance, ease of use, features

Considering the fact that ZTE only updates MiFavor and Google security patches when performing updates....H#LL YES it's important to get this update out....will Nougat affect the phone to operate at a higher level? Will it enable clearer calls and better signal strength? Will the changes to MiFavor to allow the skin to work with Nougat bring some changes where people have had problems?....NO IDEA.

But I do do know this phone hasn't had a Google security patch update since January and IT was for December....unacceptable. Am I not happy i missed the Beta test? No, it was my mistake and it's over for me,but i am just ready for a more stable experience and better security,plus VoLTE and wifi callling.....does anyone have a problem with wanting features that are supposed to be available with the hardware?????

Ok, so you want VoLTE and WFC ... those are good reasons. Personally, my carrier doesn't do either yet so it is not something I even think about much.

Now, the security patch issues is another thing entirely. I agree that at least 2 should have been done between January and now.

Here's to hoping Project Treble helps this for all OEMs. It has big potential ... as long as the carriers don't block it.

Thank you! I've been very patient so far with this phone and I hope they figure out a lot of the small issues plaguing it's performance. I agree about project Treble,but i find it hard to believe that these Oem's can't work it out and provide the security that the platform needs when it is available...i know that is being hardcore,but so be it. Whether we purchase phones through the carrier or like this phone,we purchase unlocked for a more streamlined experience,it seems that somebody has got you by the huevos no matter what. I am never for more government regulation in any form,but the fact that a lot of other countries don't have to deal with some of the crap we deal with in the U.S. is very telling when it comes to the Oem's AND the carriers.Competition is great,but we are still dealing with Verizon and AT&T ( and their associated subsidiaries) pretty much thumbing their collective noses at the consumer and we are stuck with hardware that performs at an entirely different level in other countries due to the "let them eat cake" attitude of the Oem's AND carriers....just my two cents...again

• crazydcrazyd Clearwater, FLPosts: 12

​ Personally what I am looking for is WiFi Calling due to poor GSM coverage at my house.  The fact the Beta has been live for 2 months already and still isn't released is kind of concerning. 

​ 'Fairly soon' is the only answer I've seen on Nougat release I've seen which was on the 2nd of June.  From what I've seen the average beta time is 2 months between beta & Release for a phone seeing how it's already been 2 months the 'Fairly Soon' comment hopefully is very true.

Anyone know if it will be 7.11 or 7.12 when the release finally happens?

​ The fact that is it not being rushed out the door for the sake of pushing out an update should give you more confidence than rushing something out the door that is crap. And, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been 2 months yet. Maybe the call for Beta testers went out two months ago but the beta test phase itself has not been running two months yet. Patience ....

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,880 mod
    gweeper64 wrote:crazyd The fact that is it not being rushed out the door for the sake of pushing out an update should give you more confidence than rushing something out the door that is crap. And, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been 2 months yet. Maybe the call for Beta testers went out two months ago but the beta test phase itself has not been running two months yet. Patience .....

Also ​ typically (not just with ZTE but pretty much all OEMS) beta testing last around 2.5 - 4 months depending on the amount of issues found.

2»