Specs clarification Axon 7

davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

Hello everybody!

As all specs of the Axon 7 are already announced there should be no confusion but nevertheless I am still missing some specs I couldn't yet, at least not out of sources I would trust.

I'm wondering about four things:

1. Is the battery 3140 mAh or 3250 mAh? Some state the first one, some the second one.
  2. Which type of ROM is used? Is it UFS or eMMC?
  3. Which type of RAM is used? Is it LPDDR3 or LPDDR4?
  4. Does it use USB 3.0 or is it still USB 2.0?

I hope that someone can enlighten me

Greetings!

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,021 admin

Two that I can knock off the bat for you are the battery which will be 3,250 mAh and that it will use USB 3.0 . I'll look into get clarification on the other two questions.

• davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

Thank you for the first batch of answers, I hope to get the second one soon

That it's using USB 3.0 is very good news!

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Very happy with the usb 3.0 along with a 3000+mah battery.

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

will there be an international ROM vs an eastern ROM? also would like more info on this, i assume there will be but not sure how it works

The Chinese version has a different ROM than the international one. While the Chinese one is more like Huawei's UI (like the bubbles around the icons) the international one will be more stock like. If you can go full stock remains to be seen.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen the Chinese rom but I would like to see it just to know how they differ. I know I wouldn't like it any better than the rom we get here. I'm just curious how much they changed it for our market, and I applaud them for doing so.

Seems like this is the Chinese version, at least it looks different from the version shown by Android Authority etc. The icons differ but overall it doesn't seem too different.

Maybe this is just some kind of theme, though.

I haven't looked any further for the Chinese version but Chinese ROMs often tend to be very colorful and fussy, just like Huawei or Xiaomi.

ZTE Axon 7 Unboxing and detailed Hands On Test - YouTube

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

In this video they mention it can be full stock BUT still doesnt seem to 100% confirmed

ZTE gets luxe with Axon 7 phone - YouTube

mentioned at 36 seconds in

Uuuh, very nice. Hopefully CNET is right!

can you confirm this?

And do you have the answers to the other questions?

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,239 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Normally, Chinese ROM/versions of the phone do not have any apps related to Google since Google services do not work in China. Their UI normally do not have the App Drawer and might be pre-loaded with Chinese apps.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The closer to stock the better for me

Confirmed

Wuhu!

So it's running completely stock Android like Nexus phones?

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Wait, really!?!?!?! That's awesome!!!!

Think as close to stock as Motorola has come with some ZTE-specific features and functions!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,239 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good enough. As close as possible, just hope ZTE can provide faster software updates.

It's getting better and better! Thanks for your answers!

Have you checked back in regard to the second and third question of the OP as well?

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,413 admin

Then I am sure the AXON 7 would be right up your alley!

I've inquired with our R&D department... Those guys are buried in work at the moment. I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

And... we have the answers you've been waiting for!

ROM - UFS 2.0

RAM - LPDDR4

Thank you!

This device really is getting better and better Especially USB 3.0 and UFS 2.0 are great!

• Sorry to hijack the post, but since it's already talking about the same thing.

Do you know if the Axon 7 supports :

- Power Delivery ?

- Video output : HDMI or Alternate-Mode DP ?

- Charging while in OTG mode ?

- What is ZTE stance regarding bootloader and rooting ?

Thanks. To be honest I did not hear anything from ZTE since the Blade (a while back), and to I'm pleasantly surprised by the Axon 7 announcement.

Cheers

Hi . Great questions! Let me look into this for you.

As it's using USB 3, video output should be possible that way, right?

In theory, yes... but I want to be 100% sure.

• Yup. Hence the question.

Now the thing is, USB3 reports DisplayPort over USB as an alternate mode.

I don't know about HDMI, but what I know is that the LG G5 supports HDMI over USB3. Might be an active chip (as in, converting DP signal to HDMI) in the adapter to allow this or a second alternate mode.

• That would be great thanks in advance !

• I'm afraid that there will be 3 versions: Chinese, International and USA. So far everything published speak in favor of separate USA version. It supposed to have almost stock Android, additional bands CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) - later, when certified, and 2 years total warranty. Since international version lacks at least CDMA and that kind of warranty and Chinese comes with more distorted rom without Gapps and adapted LTE bands, odds are there will be 3 models of Axon 7.

Hopefully they won't excessively modify original system and reduce LTE bands in the international version.

Okay, this is the Chinese version

Axon 7 force touch - YouTube

• tietjetietje Telluride, coPosts: 84

Amazing the top tear technology that is going into this  phone for the price point