Why Does My Grand X 4 Has Long Delay on Waking and Adding Extra Characters In Texts

My ZTE Grand X4 will occasionally have a few minute delay on opening. It doesn't matter whether I use the finger sensor or the power button, and it only occurs about once a day.  My fathers phone does the same thing.

My phone will also add extra characters into texts and messenger messages.  Not all texts and messages, just some of them.

Any ideas?

Answers

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

​ Can you provide me with the current software version you are running? Also are you using a third party keyboard?

• The android version is 6.0.1.  The security patch level is September 1, 2016.

I am using the standard keyboards that come with the unit.

I think I may have corrected the power issue by replacing my SD card, but the extra characters are still showing up sometimes.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

​ I'm glad to hear the the SD card resolved your power issue. As far as the extra characters in your messages, you may want to try a different keyboard and see it helps any or going into the app settings of the keyboard you are currently using and clearing the cache.