ZTE Zmax Pro Nougat update

Answers

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks but I had to return the phone when T-Mobile wouldn't allow a data only plan.

• zmaxproguy7zmaxproguy7 HoustonPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry that happened. What phone do you have now ?

I have quite a few but I'm starting to sell them now. Currently I have an A7 running Lineage, a stock A7, Moto X pure edition, Alcatel Idol 4S, ZenFone Zoom and a ZenFone 3 Zoom. I wanted the Zmax Pro to replace the ZenFone Zoom I use for my delivery app and that phone has the data only plan and is showing its age. So after I found out I couldn't use the Zmax Pro for data only I returned it and got the ZenFone 3 Zoom for the data only plan. And it is a shame that I couldn't use the Zmax Pro because I liked it and with that large screen it was better for the person I delivered to for signing on the screen for the delivery.

Have you seen the new LG Stylo 3 Plus ? T-MOBILE just got it and MetroPCS

will be getting it very soon. It is the first phone in the Stylo series to

have 1080p screen resolution. It is $225 at T-MOBILE and will be $179 at

MetroPCS. It is now on the MetroPCS website.

No I haven't seen that phone. I'm just sticking with unlocked phones.

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The LG owners forum is a great place to discuss LG phones.  At the ZTE forums most folks are discussing ZTE phones.

I would agree that the LG forum is the best place to discuss LG phones but we've discussed many other phones in this forum generally for the sake of comparison. We don't get into the how to's etc but we do compare other phones to our ZTE phones.

Thanks for that info. I'm new to this community.

You're welcome and feel free to talk about other phones anytime. We all do and it helps everyone learn.

Thanks

• @llj59 said:
    Why haven't we received the Nougat 7.0 update for the Zmax Pro? Seems like the newer devices are getting priority.

I am hoping we do get the Nougat 7.0 upgrade, however I don't think this will happen probably for the new ZMAX PRO? but I have been getting a lot of software upgrades "enhancements" from T-Mobile and here is the link to show them.
    /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.t-mobile.com%2Fdocs%2FDOC-33436" class="Popup

• DaveyMaxproDaveyMaxpro Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I just hope they would pay attention to the users complains and get that on point to fix all these bugs in the new upcoming updates that is due to November or December that as the Android 8 is due to the same time as well so definitely they would skip the nougat and update our fantastic Zmaxpro phone to Android 8 so to make it more fantastic and better and get more people to buy it I hope that's the reason why ZTE is taking time to work on it I just hope they would update it to Android 8 instead.... I know everybody would give a bumps up to that idea ....
    Because 2018 is Android 8 time baby and we better think about bringing our zmaxx pro along to there with Android 8 because a lot of people will be like make an exchange by buying other phone and we know that this phone worth a lot let's take matter of that if ZTE doesn't think About that they will lose a lot of asset for the next year think about it !!! Me despite of all that misfortunes about this phone I still love it and hope next year it still gonna Worth's it instead of go to buy zmaxx pro 2 if ZTE makes money out with both it'll be more fun

• DaveyMaxproDaveyMaxpro Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Nougat is. A bugs free software of marsmallow I definitely think if we have issue with marshmallow the best solution is to update it to nougat to fully get rid of these bugs let's not say that we don't need nougat we actually need it and even Android 8 I found out that this phone might be getting updates by November and Android o is due to the need of the year also either September or October

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Z981 will not be updated past Android 6. Pretty sure another prepaid phone will be released before the end of the year. The ZMP is over a year old now and prepaid low tier phones don't get OS updates too often.

• jedaisyyoungjedaisyyoung GeorgiaPosts: 8
    edited July 7, 2017 2:14AM

I need my andriod updated how can i get it because i go to settings then updates but it doesnt work!

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,087 admin

@jedaisyyoung said:
    I need my andriod updated how can i get it because i go to settings then updates but it doesnt work!

Which carrier are you using and what is your current build?

@jedaisyyoung said:

It's possible that you are updated already and that is why there is no update.

Im using straighttalk and in my build:.......how do I find that?!

It hasnt updated it'll start updating then say no updates aviable

@jedaisyyoung said:
    Im using straighttalk and in my build:.......how do I find that?!

Settings. About phone. Build number is in screen with software version.

Okieday Im about to look at that now!

Okieday my build # is:

MY build# is: Z799VLV1.0.0B05! I also have andriod 6.0, it'll start to update then say i have no updates avaiable.

The Zmax Pro is a Z981. You seem to have a Z799 Majesty. Walmart Family phones don't get the same updates as Metro and T-Mobile.

• checht39checht39 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

win is the update comeing out

• checht39checht39 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

there status on the update to 7.0

@checht39 said:
    win is the update comeing out

It isn't.

• A ZTE rep isn't allowed to disclose update information. Either they weren't caught doing so, or you were talking to a fake. Either way, Nougat is very welcome for the Zmax Pro

• @thecarpenter said:
    are you on metro or T-Mobile?

If you are unlocked, it can be any carrier. I'm on AT&T Zmax Pro

@MarshmallowCakes said:

@thecarpenter said:
    are you on metro or T-Mobile?

If you are unlocked, it can be any carrier. I'm on AT&T Zmax Pro.

Yes but not 100% compatibility. Also it doesn't use FOTA updating. So you wouldn't get an update from ATT.