Would you like to see a textured power button and(or) a dedicated notification slider/button on the

fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

I've noticed a trend in textured power buttons. The OnePlus 3 is reportedly coming with a textured power button and a dedicated notification switch. Is this important to you? Would you lime to see ZTE implement these in their next phone?

Comments

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

Apparently my phone is not allowing me to edit this title and will do so when I return home.

"Would you like to see a textured power button and(or) a dedicated notification slider/button on the next ZTE device?"

• davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

A textured power button would be nice but I don't care about the notification switch. My phone is on vibration only all the time anyway.

The textured power button is nothing game changing either, but it would be a nice extra

• Love the Notification slider in the OP2, so yes, I'd like to see it included in the next ZTE device.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like textured buttons, but not sure if it's really necessary.
    Something I would like even more is a slightly recessed power button.

I don't think the power button should stick out so far like it does on most devices.
    Ever try to clean the screen of the phone and also try avoiding the power button? It's not easy, or maybe it's just me.
    If a phone has the ability to turn it on with the fingerprint scanner, then suddenly the power button rarely gets used.
    Something for ZTE to think about.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,303 admin

​ You might be surprised by the A7......

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oh really. I've seen a couple of videos on it but never noticed the power button if they showed. That's a cool coincidence.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Not really important to me but definitely nice to me.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,303 admin

​ The fingerprint scanner will be nice on the A7.. Stay tuned!

Does it have any other function than the obvious one?

I also think the notification switch on the OP3 sounds like a nice idea.
    Not had the opportunity to use one of their phones yet though. I know their reviews are a bit mixed.

​ There are some things in the works that I am not even privy to.  I am just as anxious! 

Seems like ZTE even likes to tease their employees

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A textured power button is nice. I have one on my Moto X Pure. Notification slider not a big deal to me. I had it on my OnePlus 2 and did not use it. Just my 2 cents.

• anthonygaddisanthonygaddis West Monroe, LouisianaPosts: 70

Textured power button would be nice. But honestly would like to see a physical home button also.

• louisdlouisd United StatesPosts: 1,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'll agree with the others.  Textured power button is great, notification switch is fairly useless.

• thlimthlim virginiaPosts: 40

Of course! Textured buttons can be very useful especially if they are differently textured for each button. Being a OnePlus X owner and using it in the dark can lead to difficulty in pressing the right buttons, as the volume rocker and the power button are placed next to each other. Also textured buttons just feel nice to touch too.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, without any hesitation.

• dellasterdellaster Pahrump, Nevada, USAPosts: 103

Notification slider: no interest for me. Textured power button: would prefer a recessed button with slight bumps to either side so that you can find it by feel, but never accidentally activate it (which happens to me all the time, unfortunately).

That might work too, nice idea.

• anthonygaddisanthonygaddis West Monroe, LouisianaPosts: 70

You mention turning the screen on by just touching the fingerprint sensor and that it would be nice to have this feature...well the axon 7 will have this feature. It is shown in the video linked below at 9:28

ZTE Axon 7 Unboxing and detailed Hands On Test - YouTube

And....just another bonus :)

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ever since I answered the question here about my MOTO X Pure having the textured power button I have noticed how I look for that button by it being textured, weird huh? I can tell you I really like it!!!

I think it's a subtle feature that more manufactures should incorporate.

• reoreo North AmericaPosts: 167

Agree. Easier notification control needed.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with it not being necessary.

A recessed button does make it easy also. That's on of the things I like about the Robin.