Buying international Axon 7 in China

Hi,

I am currently living in China, but I will go back to Europe again in August. I wanted to buy the Axon 7 when I got home through the official channels, but unfortunately my Oppo Find 7a got stolen last weekend and this has put some pressure on getting a new phone.

I want to buy the ZTE Axon 7 but if I order it on JD.com, Tabao or whatever I will end up with the Chinese version of the phone. Especially the lack of Google services is what bothers me. They won't be any use now, but when I go back in the summer, I need them of course!

So my question: would it be possible to buy the International version of the phone while living in China? And do I still get the warranty package if I do that?

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to this phone!

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Currently on sale, it's the Chinese version as far as I know. You might have to wait and see if there's an international version available in China or buy from a 3rd party in China. Not sure about the warranty though.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,411 admin

Hello ​ Don't quote me on this but I think the 2 year warranty is only valid on devices purchased in the US.  I am going to try to get an official answer for you.  Hold tight.....

Also forgot to mention. When buying Chinese version phones, be careful of the bands. It might not work in Europe, at least the LTE bands.

Bands on the Chinese version:

TDD-LTE:B38/39/40/41;FDD-LTE:B1/2/3/5/7/8;

TD-SCDMA:B34/39;WCDMA:B1/2/5/8;

CDMA 1X/EVDO:BC0;GSM:B2/3/5/8;

Source: http://www.ztedevice.com.cn/topics/axon-7.html#banner_9

• Oh this doesn't look too good, no. I thought both versions had the same bands.

In my country all providers use band 3/7/20...

And thanks for checking aerospaceman.

Stuff like this is the reason I was just going to wait until I was home to buy it... But I do need a decent phone when traveling in China the coming months... Which is why I was hoping to be able to order the international one here somehow.

• Hi,

Any update on the international availability in China? I can't find any sources or posts anywhere about this topic. Only that the US will get the phone in the next 2 weeks. But nothing about any other place on earth.

More details to come soon. Currently, it seems like they are focusing on US release and China. There was some mention about Europe release, well pricing at least, but never had any idea when it will come to Europe.

• Yeah, I read it. But I don't need to European version. I want to buy the US (international) version while in China.

Currently I only see the Chinese version everywhere in sale here, but that doesn't support 4g Band 20. Which the international version does! So hoping I could order the international one somewhere and not just in the US.

Unlikely you could order US version. I guess you could try eBay once it releases. Or some of the retailers and maybe use a forwarding service.

• Well I'm assuming they also want to sell the phone in other countries than China and US. They will most likely sell the US from within the US but my assumption, or hope, was that the phones for other countries like India, EU etc would ship from somewhere in China.

Yes, they would most likely want to sell the phone worldwide. But at launch, it seems like their focus is US and China. Different region phones have different bands, so it really depends on which bands you need and then you would need to figure out where you want to buy from.