Apps turning off

Answers

• easedeleasedel Posts: 73 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. It was literally the first app i put on my phone the other day. Was playing it. Turned the screen off and set the phone down and it would stop roughly 15-20m later. Did it with smart power saver on and off.

Google play music & iheartradio aren't doing it. I don't have an account with pandora so i can't check that.

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

Podcast Player - Free by Player FM Podcasts, Maple Player JB by SQR5, and VLC for Android by Videolabs did it for me when I used them to play a downloaded podcast episode.  Also, Pandora with an internet connection, of course.  The screen must be off.

Thanks.

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

Geez, this same issue is all over the Axon forum.

Galaxy 7 had the same issue I think too.

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.  ZTE Zmax Pro will shut down running apps or apps that connect bluetooth devices to the phone after a while.  Like the RAM management is askew. My LG G2 and G4...no issues.  Sounds like a ZTE issue.

• And did they fix it yet?

• coldheat06, yes, those are the two apps I am experiencing this problem with. Thanks

• Great - I ordered this phone a couple of days ago and it's due to be delivered Monday.  I'm a heavy user of Strava and apps like Audible where I'm expecting them to work for hours with the screen off. It's been an open issue on other ZTE devices since at least November, so 'quick' resolution seems unlikely.  Guess I should have done more research before ordering.

• It really sucks because other then this issue the phone is fantastic for the most part.

I still can not decide if I will return it or not?

I am just really afraid ZTE might never fix it and then I will be stuck with a brand new phone that does not let me listen to Spotify and other apps with the screen off for more then 15 or so minutes without the music stopping on it's own! In my opinion this is absolutely not acceptable!!!

And why has no one from ZTE come on here to make any kind of statement about this?

Does the Axon 7 also have this issue or is it just the Blade V8 Pro?

I really wanted to spend no more then around $250 for my new smart phone and when I heard about the Blade V8 Pro I could not believe all the great specs it had for the price. I mean what other phones for under $250 have AC wifi, Quick Charging, Awesome Battery Life, above average screen display, Dual 13M cameras and of course Snapdragon 625 while not high end but is very good and 3GB Ram I mean this phone has just about all the features I need.

I don't know I keep thinking should I have paid a little more and got the OnePlus 3t or even the Axon 7? I just did not think for how I use my phone the extra $150 to $200 more would be worth it to me.

I got to admit if I had a lot more money in my bank account I would have just gotten an unlocked iPhone 7 even if it was over kill lol

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So far I have used those apps for a whole day and have had no issues.

let me ask a few questions:

1. Do you have any additional task manager or virus protection apps installed?  if so can you list the apps

2. have you changed any of the  app permissions?

The Blade V8 Pro is a really good phone, sometimes apps just don't play nicely with each other...... with that being said it will depends on what all apps that you have installed.

Added spotify again, shut off after 30 minutes on the dot.

No anti virus, no battery management apps.

Smart power was enabled.
    Allow deep sleep was enabled in power management for apps.

Running again with 0 policies on power management.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not for me it doesn't.  In fact I can't reproduce it on the Blade V8 Pro, the Mini, or the A7.  And it's not from lack of trying.  I just can't reproduce it.  I am working with a few users on the Blade V8 to try and determine what is going on however.

That's what I am hoping to find out  

I do..... I have not had this problem but did run into a Axon 7 user in BestBuy that had the same issue...... came to find out that they had the permissions different then mine.

yes.   It seems like some users are denying the apps access cause they don't think they need access to the lockscreen  , camera or phone.

Unfortunately not ​.  Swipe, Pattern, PIN, and complex password. So minimally you need to swipe the screen or use the FPS.

I wouldn't have even known as my company forces me to use pin, FPS, or complex password on mine.  But I did have an HTC a few years years back that wouldn't allow it.  But I still think it should be an option.

• Well I tried disabling everything that could possibly be causing this issue and nothing helped at all.

I give up and I am returning this phone and may try the One Plus 3t instead.

• You must be very lucky because I got 2 of the blades v8 pro's one for me and one for my father and both are shutting the the music after 15 or so minutes with Spotify, Pandora and AIMP  when the screen if off.

Again if I leave the screen on everything is perfectly fine

Also not sure if it always does this but I noticed when spotify stopped playing this time my wifi went off.

really really strange!

Yea that phone is in the tier 1 range, its literally one of the best on the market. Which is why its over $400