Apps turning off

Answers

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

That's crazy. ZTE needs to fix this.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's difficult to fix...I still can't get it to break on any device.  I use spotify daily on either the A7 or Mini for 45 to 50 mins and I've never had this happen.  I'm as frustrated about not getting this to break as all of you that are getting it to break!

• easedeleasedel Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what are we supposed to do? Return the device, get a new one, if that does it, return that, etc etc?

For those having the same issues. Where did you purchase yours from?

Mine, from B&H Photo Video , that sale they had with the VR, headphones and battery pack.

I wish I had an answer for you ​. That's why I'm trying to reproduce it.

Like i said before ill be glad to send my device directly to the techs to figure out whats going on but i would need one back in return

​, do you run the ZTE locker by chance?

Nope.

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as mine, I got mine with the same deal, zero issues with apps getting killed.

This is going to be fun trying to explain to them why I would like return this. "Yea the phone kills apps randomly. ZTE knows about it, not sure how to fix it. I just want to swap mine out for another." Rather go directly through zte though so they can get the phone.

yea i am not paying for an app just so another app that should work on the phone, will work lol    

Ran it again with a previous v of spotify.

Stopped at 15 minutes.
    Then stopped at 30 minutes.

I was offered 1 survey since I i installed that app forever ago lol     

Same here.

I just don't know at this point. You'd think turning battery saving options would actually cause the issue, not fix it.

Yep, its like the power management options/policies aren't working. UI wise they are but thats it. Since it will run like normal if i disable "sleep" and leave the desktop on the entire time.

Edit: After looking at the Axon forum, it is a power management issue.
    https://community.zteusa.com/message/81043#comment-81043

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

I bought mine from ZTE itself, www.zteusa.com.

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

Stupid question, but has anyone tried a factory reset?

Yes. Considering there has been no updates since the phone was released a week ago, that shouldn't be an issue though.

I am wondering if a battery program like Greenify would work but i imagine for it to overide the system power management, the phone would need to be rooted

I'm not too familiar with Greenify myself, other than I've heard of it. ​, if your display set to shut off after 15 minutes if you just leave it on?

cant leave the display on, especially when moving around but did test this already. If i set the display to never sleep and leave the desktop up, it wont crash. Only when it goes to sleep/lock will it do it. So it seems like the policies aren't sticking or mattering or overriding them completely.

If you set it to 1 minute or 5 minutes it doesn't matter?  It always shuts off at 15 minutes? (Sorry for all the questions!)

Last few times i was testing it were 10, 15, 15, 15, 30, 15

edit: just tested again, 15m and it closed out

Well i returned mine today for a replacement. So ill report back in i guess a week or two when i get the new one to see if it does the same thing