Apps turning off

Answers

• easedeleasedel Posts: 73 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea but its with nougat, who knows how long until we get it

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure they will release at least Nougat, don't feel bad, my Sharp Aquos crystal shipped from the factory with KitKat 4.4.2 and guess what? Yea they never planned or gave a update, to this day it's still on KitKat, you'd think you'd get at least one version newer OS like lollipop lol.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It seems carrier unlocked devices, which in turn means MiFavor devices.  Well, except for the A7 now. 

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

So wait, only carrier free devices have this horrid ROM? Son of a b.... You'd figure carrier free one should be even better then the carrier bloat filled ROMs.

That's the way it is ​.

Any information on an update?     

I'm not hearing anything yet.  I do have all the bugs I have seen reported however. 

Again it goes back to where they sell more phones. The base people want it in China. Therefore the dev team develops it. Creating a non mifavor version would most likely require another dev team, not really saving them money in the end.

• wwsiralexdwwsiralexd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭

After reading this, I have no hope that this issue will be fixed. The sales of this phone barely registered a beep. After the initial announcement, coverages from android sites have been non-existent.

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

I got tired of waiting to hear something official from ZTE and returned my phone yesterday. 

The product line pretty much starts with MiFavor, no matter the version, as does TouchWiz for Samsung as does Sense for HTC and so on.  Again, I think there is a false sense of how many people really hate MiFavor in this community because you will typically only hear from those that are having issues and those that are trolls.  I can argue all I want and at the end of the day I would still want MiFavor gone like many.  But I'm still appreciative of the products that ZTE is presenting and I think things will continually get better.  Just like Huawei did, just like Oneplus did, and like the other Chinese companies will do in the future.

Least with samsung phones, most of them are able to be rooted and have custom roms.

As for mifavor, i use nova launcher and think anything mifavor related i have disabled.

Many people have their A7 rooted and Lineage loaded.  Go ahead and Mod if you wish.

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

But one the bootloader is unlocked, the phone can be easily rooted.

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There are certain apps, that require root access in order to enable certain functions.  This is because normal Android security otherwise won't allow apps to do the things it want to do.  Some examples are control CPU frequencies and governors, kill processes that don't belong to the app, remove system apps, and more.

Actually this article explains the benefits and risks better than I can: Why you should (or shouldn't) root your Android device - ExtremeTech

Overthinking it.

Its like going from a guest account on windows PC to an admin account.