Zmax sd card working intermittently?

jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I have an issue where sometimes my sd card reads no problem, in fact that's mostly the case. However sometimes I turn it on and it won't read. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,206 admin

Hey, ! What size micro SD card are you?

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

32gb

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,206 admin

Alright, the size isn't the issue then. What brand of SD card are you using? There are some off brands that I myself have had issues with.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Moderator Posts: 1,151 admin

One recommendation is to remove the SD card and use a pencil eraser to clean the contact on the card.  It's worth it to give it a shot.

Thanks ill give it a shot

• I have a sd card, and a flash drive that randomly does that, I have yet to find a solution other than to clean them, and reinsert. I have noticed the sdcard only does it in my tablet, but never in my camera, or phone.I gave up and bought a new one for my tab.  I wonder if something on the device is to blame.

•    I have never heard of using an eraser, nice!

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Moderator Posts: 1,151 admin

​  From my experience most SD card issues are not due to hardware failure but debris, corrosion, or humidity entering the tray compartment.  Especially for those living next to a body of saltwater.  The pencil eraser trick is great.  Usually I have to use it once a month on my landline cordless phones as when I put them in the charger they don't charge...   Cleaning the contacts on the handset and the charging station always does the trick.  If soft enough to not harm the contacts and does not insert any liquids into the situation.

• I will have to remember this trick. My landline cordless, I have always used the lysol wipes, more out of convenience, because I could also wipe down the entire handset, no harm done, but isnt the best thing for it lol.

Me neither, but it sounds so brilliantly simple, i can't wait to try it out.