Root for Axon 7 mini?

Comments

• And here is a supposed Nougat based root for the Axon 7 mini. Im too afraid to try it on my beloved.
    Upgrade/Update ZTE Axon 7 Mini to 7.0 Nougat

• Im afraid but I really want to know, it seems trustworthy

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, I just don't have any issues with my mini, so I don't think I have a real reason to do it.  I'll keep mine with Mi-Favor for now

• lafesterlafester Loveland, COPosts: 9

There is no way this is legit. You can't install cwm recovery on a locked axon mini. You also can't flash an unsigned rom on to a locked axon mini.

If I had one I would test it for you but just beware of anything posted on that site.

• lafesterlafester Loveland, COPosts: 9

This site is also very suspect. It tells you to unlock bootloader and install twrp? Well, as far as I know that is impossible at this time.

Come on guys... if it's not on xda it is not legit 99% of the time.

• Hello,I asked ZTE about unlockoing the bootloader or rooting the terminal and this is what they answered me (google made translation):

Good afternoon,

In response to your request we will advise you that in order to enjoy the manufacturer's official warranty we must cover critical configuration options that can be modified and lead to a malfunction of the terminal.

ZTE does not guarantee the correct functioning of your terminal if you unlock bootloader; Task that we discourage. In fact, should such an unlocking be detected, our official guarantee would be invalid.

Greetings,

​No hope for us at the moment.

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@agmvc5 said:
    Hello,I asked ZTE about unlockoing the bootloader or rooting the terminal and this is what they answered me (google made translation):

Good afternoon,

In response to your request we will advise you that in order to enjoy the manufacturer's official warranty we must cover critical configuration options that can be modified and lead to a malfunction of the terminal.

ZTE does not guarantee the correct functioning of your terminal if you unlock bootloader; Task that we discourage. In fact, should such an unlocking be detected, our official guarantee would be invalid.

Greetings,

​No hope for us at the moment.

I'd like to root my axon 7 mini too. Has anyone found anything to make this possible? I have two of them and want one to mess around with.

• OverkillOverkill RomaniaPosts: 15 ✭✭✭

Tey tulip in Xda forum

• OverkillOverkill RomaniaPosts: 15 ✭✭✭

Try