Welcome to our Beta Lab page.

No Current Recruitment Projects

Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

ZTE Cares?

Does anyone else feel like ZTE doesn't listen to them? My problem is that I've been a loyal ZTE owner the last 2 years. I went from the Zmax 2 to the Zmax Pro in August. I preordered and never got the phone case I was promised. I communicated this to ZTE and after a few emails back and forth, heard nothing.

Then I applied for the beta program and expressed my love and want to help develop ZTE software. Because I believe in this company. But yet, I got denied. Maybe I just have hard feelings because I care about my ZTE or maybe ZTE just doesn't care about me.

How do you guys feel about ZTE?

Comments

• diamonddavediamonddave United StatesPosts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

lots of comments in this similar thread

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think any company can cater to the needs of every single consumer, but this forum shows they are interested in feedback on their products. The approach they are taking includes more individuals than normal market research would. The input they receive comes from daily long term users of their products. I appreciate the approach.

• chadavis72@gmail.com[email protected] Springfield, MOPosts: 19

That's true. But the first problem I mentioned was a customer service issue. They totally blew me off after I sent the information they requested. And yes, I think at least an email saying thank you for your interest in the beta developer program, but we have decided not to accept you would've been nice. Instead I feel blown off.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you completely fill out your profile before applying for the program? I know that was suggested before filling out the application.

I never received a case either. I know there was a shortage of them at the time I bought my phones. It wasn't a big deal to me. I wouldn't have used it anyway. They gave me a couple of power banks instead. I haven't dealt with their customer service directly, but I did return the first two phones I bought to Metro PCS because of issues. They swapped them out with no questions asked.

At the time I applied, there really weren't any suggestions. I think I applied the very first day. And as far as the case goes, they never sent me anything. They wanted to see my confirmation email and after I sent it, never heard anything else from them.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,615 mod

Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. I can check with our moderator   about your concerns with customer service. As far as beta goes, and almost every company that runs beta tests are handle it the same, in respect to applications, only those chosen receive notification. If you weren't chosen this time, please continue to watch   for upcoming beta tests. I do hope this helps.

Thank you ironbaybeedoll

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,615 mod

​ Hello again! I just wanted to let you know I have made your issue known, and it will be looked into. Also please fill out your profile as much as possible. The more information that you supply the easier it will make it for you to be chosen for an upcoming beta. Many times they will need a certain group of testers. For instance, and this is just a goofy example, but it will explain it best. Say they are testing a pink phone with flowers on it, that will only run on Verizon. They will scan through the applicants profiles, and most likely be looking for a younger group of (im hoping) girls/women that already use Verizon. If an applicant doesn't have a completed profile, it is easier to skip over them, than it is to contact them, and ask or to grant them access and then find out they don't fit what they are looking for. If your profile is complete you are going to stand out, and show them what you got up front. I hope this helps explain it a little better, I can be a little bubbly in my explanations

And once again, I wait and never hear anything back. Anyway, I replaced my ZTE phone with something different. Idk, maybe I'll look at ZTE again in the future. Right now I don't think they care at all. Another company all about the $ but not realizing those $$ come from people like me. I'm fed up with being ignored and getting invites to Beta, then not ever hearing anything back. So long guys, and good luck to you all.

Signed,

A former ZTE believer....

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the new company and your apparently entitlement to be included in closed programs that you actually have no specific or non-specific right to be involved in.  With companies like Samsung you have to be "Platinum" in their Samsung+ program to be considered, meaning you've already spent thousands with them.  Once you've reached that hurdle, you still have to be one of the very low percentage lucky ones.   Many other companies include NO customers in the beta program.  But you're right, ZTE screwed you because you weren't selected.  How DARE they!

• kumatora0203kumatora0203 Danvers, MAPosts: 262 ✭✭

damn... Harsh but true. why do people expect to get in betas like this, all you should expect from a company are good products and service, not exclusive betas.

First things first, I never said I was entitled to be in the program. What I said was if they are going to the extent to invite me, the least they could do is tell me I'm not accepted. Is that very much to ask? Instead of me wondering and checking over and over. You seem to lack some kind of comprehension skills. I suggest you work on that before replying to other's comments.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, let me rephrase my reply: Good luck with the new company and your apparently entitlement to be notified about your inclusion in closed programs that you actually have no specific or non-specific right to be involved in and that they, in advance, tell people they will be notified only if they are accepted.  With companies like Samsung you have to be "Platinum" in their Samsung+ program to be considered, meaning you've already spent thousands with them.  Once you've reached that hurdle, you still have to be one of the very low percentage lucky ones and they'll only tell you if you are acepted, otherwise you never hear.   Many other companies include NO customers in the beta program.  But you're right, ZTE screwed you because you weren't notified.  How DARE they!

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,409 admin

Thread Locked.. C'mon folks...