Axon 7 Mini - Wifi calling ever a possibility

I recently switched to MintSim (T-Mobile MVNO) from an ATT MVNO and now have limited reception at home. Is there ever a possibility that wifi calling will come to the Axon 7 Mini?

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, While WiFi calling could be a possibility in the future, currently it is not available on the Axon 7 Mini.  Wish i had better news for you

• gweeper64gweeper64 United StatesPosts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt it via the carrier (but who knows?) But you could get a Google Voice number and make calls through Hangouts.

• yk11yk11 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

Or Whatsapp, etc., etc.

• gweeper64gweeper64 United StatesPosts: 248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, true. Google Voice gives you a number for inbound calls from the PSTN though. For free.

• zteuser95zteuser95 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

why does the phone have WiFi calling in the menu if we can't use it, I have mintsim and the connection is good everywhere except inside my house I was hoping to be able to use wifi calling :'(

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also have Mintsim. Wifi calling on the A7 works fine for me. No issues at all. Must be something with your settings.

• ashishvashishv Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zteuser95 said:
    why does the phone have WiFi calling in the menu if we can't use it, I have mintsim and the connection is good everywhere except inside my house I was hoping to be able to use wifi calling :'(

You have to enable wifi calling for your number using the online portal first before using it.

@ashishv said:

@zteuser95 said:

You have to enable wifi calling for your number using the online portal first before using it.

@ram1220 said:
    I also have Mintsim. Wifi calling on the A7 works fine for me. No issues at all. Must be something with your settings.

@ram1220 do you have the Axon 7 mini ?
    @ashishv thanks for that

-so when I go to enter my 911 address and enable wifi calling on mintsim I am getting an error message..
    "We're sorry
    Something bad happened and we weren't able to fix it ourselves. Please go back and try again."
    i should be good?

• omnomnomomnomnom Posts: 30 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird. WiFi calling works for me on T-Mobile even with airplane mode on

• ashishvashishv Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zteuser95 said:
    "We're sorry
    Something bad happened and we weren't able to fix it ourselves. Please go back and try again."
    i should be good?

I have never seen this error on my side, maybe try calling Mint and explain your situation?

• kmb877kmb877 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

On Axon 7, wifi calling works wit Mintsim and Ultramobile. You need:

• to setup your e911 address with Mintsim, Ultramobile or T-mobile,
    • to use the SIM1 slot (wifi calling does not work with SIM2).
      However, I had myself problems connecting wifi calling (error 82). I did a factory setting reboot and the problem was solved. Abvious, the phone has all updates installed.
      Hope this helps.