Tempered Glass

Hey ive been searching around the web and for a case and a tempered glass and im not able to find any at least not yet. I wanted to know if anyone knew a tempered glass that could fit for my blade v8 pro at least so it can be protected until the originals come out. 

Answers

• is the screen curved like the axon 7??

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes ​, the Blade V8 Pro has 2.5D curved glass.

• I dont think there is a perfect screen protector for curved glass. Im still searching for one to fit my axon 7 without lifting on the edges. so far the one in the box is doing ok but I can see it lifting already. I'd suggest looking on amazon and reading the reviews.

• it has a slight curve not much. so basically i can use the axon 7 tempered glass then?

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

I am a glass screen protector kinda guy as well . I just live them.  I haven't been able to find anything that looks like it will fit  well so I decided to order the delta shield  from Amazon.  It's a 2 pack with a lifetime warranty.    ZTE Blade V8 Pro Screen Protector [2-Pack], DeltaShield BodyArmor Full Coverage Screen Protector for ZTE Blade V8 Pro Military-Grade Clear HD Anti-Bubble Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5R9PIE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_84zLybVRSM3BP I'll be sure to let you know what I think about it.

• wizzuhwizzuh 48223Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one of those on my axon 7.  It would have worked better had I not used a case on the phone.

I use the spigen case on the axon and it grips around the curves of the glass which manages to push up the film. I ended up removing the film and rocking the bare screen.

I really wish this curved glass fad would pass. I feel naked without a screen protector on the phone. But luckily,  no scratches yet.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

I know how you feel.  I can't not have something protecting my screen.  I still have the original plastic protecting the screen on my Blade until the screen protector comes in.  I know what you mean about cases interfering with things,  I had a slick wrap on my Axon 7 and the case for so tight and came so close to numerous spots of the wrap it would keep getting caught and lift up,  I had to eventually remove the slick wrap.  Didn't help that I kept trying different cases all the time too I'm sure lol.  I'm hoping that someone eventually makes some decent glass screen protectors for these phones with curved glass.  I don't like that the ones available have to be placed in the center with something like a 1/8th of an inch gap around the perimeter.  I'm getting used to it on my Axon 7 but wanted to try something different that covered the wheel screen on the Blade.

• vulcan66vulcan66 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭✭

I tried a glass protector on my Axon 7, and I hated the way it came short of the edges.  I bought the Delta Shield and I think it was as good as it will get for this type of screen.  Not as nice as glass, but much better than the cheap plastic protectors.

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on the same boat as you guys, but I've had a number of phones with curved display and haven't ever found a company that succeed on this promise without bubble edges and halo effect.  I decided I'm going naked in these types of phones but at least want a case for it at bare minimum.  I haven't been able to find a nice clear thin TPU case yet for the v8 pro.

I wonder if anyone has tried these...Screenshot_2017-02-04-21-25-27.jpg

Its totally possible to make a 2.5d tempered glass protector that will work with a curved display, in fact there has been a bunch for the iphones, S7 samsungs and my Zmax Pro which all works with the curved display.

• i think i might need to try those because those are by far the best fitting ones for this phone