[Discussion & Bugs] LineageOS 14.1

drakenfxdrakenfx Los Angeles, CAPosts: 967 ✭✭✭

Discussion & Bugs

This thread is NOT a for your to request Lineage for your device!

It's a thread for the discussion and bugs of development of LineageOS 14.1.

This isn't a place to come and ask for people to port ROMs to your device, so please don't treat it as such.

Thank you.

Comments

• drakenfxdrakenfx Los Angeles, CAPosts: 967 ✭✭✭

Working:

* Audio (Distorted on media playback with the use of speakers)

* GPS

* Camera

* RIL (Data+Calling+VoLTE)

* WI-FI

* Bluetooth

* Double Tap to Wake

* Double Tap to Sleep

* Video Playback

* Fingerprint Sensor

* DayDream

Not Working:

Please let us know!

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 6,330 ✭✭✭

OK documenting my first bug:

Type: cosmetic

Frequency: reproducible

Action: 1. go to settings->sound->set the "Link Ringtone & Notification Volumes" setting to "OFF" 2. Slide the notification volume setting to any value that makes noise, and hear the noise sound at that level like it should 3. Exit settings by hitting the home button. 4. Go back into settings, notification slider is set to zero volume even though notification sounds continue to work. 

So when you set the notification volume on it does work but the slider shows zero. This is reproducible every time. Thanks!

• Does the LED work for notifications? Can the timing be adjusted for the LED?

THanks!

This are the sertings for LED Notification and you can add as many apps you want.

Screenshot_20170208-085112.png

• Hi. Regarding the Verizon issue, My recent post described the issues I was having. I found another SIM I had used during a recent visit to China. I installed it along with the Verizon Sim, disabled Verizon and enabled China. once the China Sim was enabled I disabled the Verizon Sim and then reversed the process. The Verizon Sim being enabled at this point returned the radio buttons on the APN tab and Verizon wireless was again available. Bottom Line; Verizon wireless is now working on the phone with the update installed and there are no issues. Hope this helps.

• Thank you very much! I assume that the light keeps blinking until you reply to the notification?

• Is android pay working?

• Question for you.  I have gone through the steps and have LineageOS installed, but upon first boot on my Axon7 it is showing "To start Android, enter your password."

No matter what I enter it shows the same thing, and says its needs to do a factory reset.

Not sure what I did wrong or how to get it past that screen!  So close!

Boot to TWRP then :

* WIPE > Advance Wipe > Check Dalvik, Cache & Data (Swipe to Proceed)

* Reflash LineageOS

• Ok just tried that, unfortunately, the same thing.  :-(

have you done a FORMAT DATA under WIPE? (This will wipe internal storage)

what extension you using for DATA?  ext4 or f2fs

• I formatted data in TWRP, and it said "Formatting Data using mkfs.f2fs...

i see you are using latest TWRP,

in WIPE options there a Change Parition extension....

* Select DATA only and Change from f2fs to ext4

* Reflash LineageOS,

sorry for the ups and down steps, but every TWRP starting from 3.0.3 started with f2fs as default for format data = dislike

• YES!!!!!!  Thank you sir!  That worked swimmingly!

Awesome, glad you got it straight and have fun

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 811

As 3rd party ROMs don't go through the certification steps, AP will not work natively.  There are workarounds if you search for them, but none are particularly simple.

• Part of the clan now will report what I see.  I hope to see nightly's soon

Welcome aboard ​. I know you were having many issues with the Nougat build, let us know what you think of Lineage.

• Thanks hollap,

So far it the the OS I have been looking for still too early to say it is all good as I just go it loaded last night but I am very impressed so far.  Bummer about the Dolby Atmos but the sound is not as bad as some claim.

The Dev's put two launcher choices Pixel or Google now very nice touch

• I forgot to add since android pay does not work right anyway losing it on this phone is not a big deal also there is a new audible bug where the screen goes black after launching a selection then only comes back after messing with it all.  Also on screen buttons are very nice to have

​ you can download Dolby Atmos and flash it onto your Lineage build: [SOUNDMOD][5X][MM,N] Dolby ATMOS + Sony Beat… | LG Nexus 5X I did it and it makes Bluetooth and Headphones sound even better.  Hopefully they will get the speakers working soon

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭

I'm only 24 hours in at this point but I love it. I can't express my joy sufficiently to tell you how happy I am to be rid of MiFavor. In just this short amount of time I can tell that battery life will be the best that I've ever had. The speakers aren't bad at all and only distort at high volume with a lot of bass. I understand that a fix is a short time away and will include Dolby.

I can't thank you and enough for the tremendous job that you've done. You guys are tech geniuses. A special thanks to because without him I wouldn't have Lineage on my phone.

Simply delighted and Lineage makes the Axon 7 the best phone currently available all things considered.

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 268

You made the right choice

And of course by that you mean by choosing you to help me right?    Not only that Lineage is the best OS that I've ever used.

Well that too but I meant that you wanted to get rid of MiFavor at any cost and flash Lineage

Does anyone know the ongoing update method with the Lineage build?  Does it have any OTA component integrated or does it require reflashing each time? 

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure that after flashing it the first time in the very near future it will be an OTA update just like normal.

If you are on an unofficial build, then yes you have to flash each time. But if you are on official, which will start tomorrow for the Axon 7, you will be able to update weekly via OTA through the built in updater.

​  Fantastic to hear there's going to be an official build and weeklies.  I'm in.  I've been flashing and reflashing my OPO for over a year now... It'll be great to get the A7 working without MiFavor!

Keep checking: LineageOS Downloads

It's blank now but once there's a build you'll see!