[Discussion & Bugs] LineageOS 14.1

Comments

• stanthemanstantheman Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you verify if the LTE signal is stronger on Lineage or is it the same as it was on the Nougat update? I am looking at lineage only if it can help my signal issues. Nougat was no help. If nothing helps I have to sell and move on. So here's hoping!

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Lineage does not modify the modem in any way, only the system and boot image. So therefore your reception will be the same as stock.

Hmmmm, OH well..thought I would ask one more time.

Have you ever thought that maybe you have a lemon? Have you ever got it replaced?

• Can I get a PM about that?  I have all the tools downloaded and loaded on my SDcard and computer, but was really hoping there is a cleaner way of doing this than using the B20 method.

Edit: please ignore.  I ended up going to B29 first.  Don't know why I was complaining, took like 5 minutes.

• xblackdemonxxblackdemonx CanadaPosts: 102 ✭✭✭✭

Update to the official Feb 13th build

• xblackdemonxxblackdemonx CanadaPosts: 102 ✭✭✭✭

Nightly is out!!!

With MM and Nougat nearly everything works OK using Nova Prime. The unit just cannot hold or even find a signal when inside a large building. Yes, I know buildings can cause problems. But when a two year old phone can have a fairly strong signal when mine has no signal then something is wrong. Last thing I need is the aggravation of getting a replacement that may not be new and it have the same issue. So yes I will be replacing this phone, just not with another one from ZTE.

• BUG: Just performed the following tasks coming from Nougat B15:

1. Flashed B29
    2. Flashed B20
    3. Flashed B20_unlock
    4. Fastboot oem unlock
    5. Reboot and confirm
    6. Flashed Universal Bootloader
    7. Flashed Modem for 2017U
    8. Flashed Experimental 20170213
    9. Flashed Nightly 20170213
    10. Flashed Gapps
    11. Wiped cache and dalvik and reboot

After this process, things are ok EXCEPT internal storage only shows 32gb instead of 64gb.  Thoughts?

You can use Android Pay on LOS if you flash a custom kernel with the safetynet patch such as this one: [Kernel] AX7Kernel - Axon 7 LOS and LOS base… | ZTE Axon 7

Late. So many tests tomorrow in school

• Hey drakenfx now that we on official nightly will we get OTA's or just download and flash per usual?

• Kickass thanks!

Correct. If you are on the official build then you will get future builds via OTA.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You'll be able to update both ways.

• Nope flashed last night android pay does not work days can't work due to unlocked bootloader or root present

• OK thanks

• Can someone point me to where the stock flashable linageOS kernels are I want a back path after trying peoples kernel spins thanks!

Just reflash the boot image that's inside the lineage zip

• Ah ok got it thanks!

• One other question it seems via command line I still can use adb devices and see my device is present but when I try fastboot I get nothing ie fastboot devices? I have latest twrp and BL unlock

LineageOS official nightly

I had a slightly different issue with adb not recognizing my device in TWRP but this driver installer fixed it.

• Ok cool let me give it a try and I will report back

• You are the man! worked perfectly thanks. 

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to now a happy lineage runner.