[Discussion & Bugs] LineageOS 14.1

Comments

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 317 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just got it installed.  It's like having an old friend back.

I've never done Android OS or app development before so I'd like to try it using a spare laptop and spare Axon 7.  Next step is to set up the Android IDE and try pulling in some source code.

Minor bug:  Capacitive button swapping doesn't work.  The the setting seems to apply only to on-screen buttons, but those don't swap anymore because they're configured like a toolbar.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The captive swap key isn't a bug, is just not implemented using hardware keys.

You can use this " BUTTOM Mapper " from playstore and enable " Swap Back & Recent " .

implementation of hardware keys will be done in future updates.

• I wanted to add google assistant works perfectly on LineageOS.  Just be sure to setup voice control using the GoogleNow launcher then load the pixel launcher

• Google dialer not working for calls no option to end call can hangup also behavior is odd

• Anyone else having dialer issues?

• Yeah I re-flashed gapps and all is well now?

• I honestly don't know I have not tried it with a different launcher

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bug Report:

I am running lineage on my device, but it started with the B15 update.  At home my wifi is 100% solid.  At work, which is PEAP like your school, I find it constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. Since I'm in IT at work I have access to Cisco Prime, which runs the controller software that handles the Access Points where i am.  In the logs it states there is "previous authentication not valid" error, which nobody else experiences or has issues.  Very frustrating.  I am set for EAP Method:PEAP, Phase 2 Authentication:MSCHAPV2, and CA Certificate: Do Not Validate. The access points around me light up signal like a Christmas Tree. Sometimes it happens while I'm using it, sometimes I'll wake the phone and it just won't be connected. 

Type: Bug

Frequency: Reproducible

• I had the same dialer issues.

For some reason the dialer was not set as the default phone app. Just set it up in the settings and it works.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to be having a weird issue where my connection settings are constantly resetting to Charge Only.  I use AndroidAuto in my car, so I plug in each time and it has to be set to MTP to connect.  It seems that each and every time I get in my car it has been set back to Charge Only and I have to go in to the Options to reset to MTP.  Am I missing something to get it to stick?

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue .. it seems like its programmed to default to charge only and doesn't remember your last setting. I haven't seen a way to change that yet

lol I dont own a car and if I could get one .. it would probably not have anything that Android Auto could connect too lol

when I said I was having the same issue .. it was only the data always being switched to charging on the usb .. it is a bug for sure .. I went to development options and changed it to MTP and didnt even plug it into anything .. .it said that the "Select USB Configuration was MTP .. i rebooted without plugging anything in and went back to options and it was back at charging ... it didnt save my settings .. I have been plugging it into my pc a lot since the network transfer is so horrible on this phone funny .. I can download from the internet faster than I can download from my 5G Wifi. So I have been using the computer to transfer files ... its a bit faster than Wifi but still extremely slow. like the 2g ROM file took like 20-30 minutes to transfer even over the usb cable ... but .. it was the same on ZTEs rom so it has to be the phone itself

edit: and yes Im running Lineage at the moment.. having a few issues but the force closing/crashing of apps seems to have stopped.

I'm a fan. Between it and Textra I can listen to and reply to texts without issues while on long drives.  Google Maps is a massive update over my manufacturer navigation. Listening to podcasts and music is easy.  Overall, I'm a fan.

Anyone installed the first weekly from via OTA?  Since my phone is my daily driver I'd like to hear some successes with the OTA before I actually install it!

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You should be able to just tap on it, it'll give you the message, tap OK and then it'll flash in TWRP. I'm not really sure because I'm on RR right now not lineage.

Also when it booted to TWRP did it flash or you were just in TWRP's main menu?

It seems like there are issues with this week's builds not just for the Axon 7 but other devices as well. If you try to dirty flash it you get this error:

1. You have an installed system that isn't signed with this build's key, aborting...
    2. child exited with status 124
    3. script aborted: Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset
    4. Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset
    5. Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

How is RR?  That was one of my favorite builds on my OPO.  Think I can dirty flash from lineage to RR?

Oh its great. I have it on my Nexus 7 2013 as well. The amount of customization is just amazing, even better than on Lineage. Same audio problems as LOS but not that bad. And I don't think you can dirty flash on top of LOS.