[Discussion & Bugs] LineageOS 14.1

Comments

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this same error .. only way i could boot into the system was to download the file from the website ... and do a factory reset in TWRP .. then installed it using TWRP .. I also had to install SU again after doing that.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here.  Not in a rush as many things pretty much work.  I'm having the same issues BTW.

• ashishvashishv Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you list some of the apps giving you issues?

Besides the audio issue on the speakers, I have 3 small issues.  2 of them I documented in this thread, 1 being I can't set notification volume separate from the Ring Volume no matter what I try.  The other being WiFi issues while I'm at work only.  I keep connecting/disconnecting from our network at work.  Nobody else has the issue at work but me.  Happened actually since I upgraded to B15.  The 3rd issue which i haven't reported yet is heat while using Daydream View.  It gets MUCH hotter than when I used it on B15.  All of these are very minimal issues to me, but like any software, I'd like a fix

You can set the notification and ring separately. You have to go to settings > sound and unselect the "Link ringtone & notification volumes" then you need to turn down the volume of the ringer to 0 .. then turn it back up .. the Notification will then un-gray out.

as for the other two .. cant help you on those ..

There is also still an issue in the latest version with the USB Configuration ...You can set it to MTP and it seems to take now when you exit the settings and go back it still shows MTP ... but if you plug in the device it shows in the notifications that its set to charging .. if you go back to USB configuration it shows MTP still .. if you reboot the USB configuration goes back to charging .. ... if you change it to files transfer in the notifications .. it changes but if you unplug and plug it back in .. it goes back to charging ..

basically its stuck on charging and forces you to change it every time even if you change it in the developers settings.

​, I know you can set them separately.  That's what I'm trying to do.  Once I set the ringer to zero, it does not allow me to turn the notification up nor does it un-gray out.

that's weird .. I have the same issue with the volume .. but every time I have had to reset and went to the sound settings I was able to get the notification to un gray out if I turned the volume for the ringer down to 0 then turned it back up again. I have done it about 5 times now and it always seems to work for me ... I think it may be something with your setup ... I think i saw in another post someone having that issue and solved it the same way... You do have them unlinked right? .. I don't think it matters but I also have the "increasing ring volume" setting enabled too

These are the settings I use .. and I got the notification volume working by using these settings and then lowering the volume of the "Ring Volume" to 0 then sliding it back to the volume I want... and as I say .. when I did that the Notification volume becomes active for me ... not sure why that isn't working for you

Screenshot_20170220-153112.png

Yes very weird.  See my settings in the screen shot.  Notice I don't link the tones together.  But when Ring is set to zero, notification is grayed out.  If I set Ring to 1, I can then move notification to any level I want, until I move ring back to zero, in which case it grays out again.

Screenshot_20170220-144520.png

yeah .. that is normal .. when you turn the ringer to 0 you are putting it in a sort of  "do not disturb' mode and it shuts off both ringer and notifications .. I thought it was staying grayed out when you turned the volume of the ringer back up ... I guess that is just the way they made it because they figured that if a person is muting their ringer they don't want to be disturbed by notifications ..

Honestly .. I can't see a reason to have notifications have volume if you have your ringer on the phone off. So I think that was a design choice not a bug.

• ashishvashishv Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

If u use double tap anywhere to sleep on homescreen only, Nova launcher gestures provide this functionality. For email, I only use gmail and works as intended.

Don't like that. All of my other phones have had "true" separate volumes for each. The only reason i need to wake at night is if i get a text message from work.  So I usually leave the ringer off with notifications on.  No big deal.  As long as i know this is how it works I may as well just tie the two together.  Thanks ​.

As far as I can see that is the way it goes .. I get your need .. but it is kinda niche. Darn .. just had the ZTE OS installed but didn't check to see if it was the same way .. lol .. don't feel like flashing it back .. as I speak I'm flashing Lineage back on .. I have been trying to solve an issue with TWRP backups ... I can't make a back up if I have a pin and fingerprints or when I restore it .. it always tells me my pin is wrong .. even if I make a backup and then copy the backup back over without even booting .. I get the same thing .. It seems the only way to back up with TWRP is to make sure you remove your pin and fingerprints before you back it up ... not sure if this is normal or a bug but .. lol I have just spent the past 5 hours backing up .. flashing and testing over and over .. lol. Seems the only way I have a "recoverable" backup is if I remember to remove the pin and fingerprints before i make the backup. 

I appreciate you doing all the work for us Any word on the weekly working yet, or are their still issues with that too?

Is your work a Contact .. cant you set it up so that you can use Do not disturb and allow Stared contacts for messages .. setting your work as a stared contact .. then set Calls to None ... then you could basically leave the volumes alone and just turn on DND when you go to bed and only work messages would make sound... It's a work around but it should work for your situation.

It's not worth that much trouble.  Like I said, it's just worked for me like that on all my other phones so I'm just used to it.  I can set the ringer on no problem

hehe .. it may take a few minutes to set up .. but then it's a one button press when you go to bed and one button press when you get up ... but .. yeah it should be made so they are separate if you have it "unlinked" in the settings ... maybe the Devs will see this and change that .. it does seem weird that they chose to do that when all other phones don't do this .. lol .. this is LineageOS .. not ZTE right ? lol

sorry missed this post ... there is still issues with LineageOS for the phone speakers ... that hasn't been resolved yet .. still has quite a bit of distortion and only plays the left channel through the speakers (through both speakers ..not just the left speaker)... it also has a few minor glitches like if you plug it into a computer or something that needs it to be set to MTP .. it will default to "charging only" and you have to manually switch it every time .. even if you switch it .. unplug the phone and plug it right back in .. it goes back to charging only .. that is a bit annoying .. those are the two issues I have run into .. everything else so far .. seems pretty good and stable ... the FP sensor seems a bit slow and not as effective as it was in B29 but I think it was also slower in B15 .. but I wasn't on B15 for very long so .. not sure about that. I guess now .. Dolby is out .. and not going to be added ... but I do know they are working on the sound .. hopefully next week but .. no I have no real word on it ... just going by what I hear in the google hangouts room .. not even sure who is the actual devs but Draken hangs out there and he usually has pretty solid information

• Hey Draken,

Need some help can you PM me when you get a chance

Thanks,

Ghiaguy

• Hey Draken,

No need to PM I got unstuck . All thanks goes to JC on XDA

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As of yesterday, the new update released on the 21st seems to resolve the upgrade issue and installed over the 13th version with no issues on my device.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The USB connection default to "Charge Only" since Marshmallow was a Google decision.

Same here ​, my 2/21 nightly installed with no issues.  Do you or anyone know if there are release notes with the weeklies?

• there is the changelog you can look through for each build.  links are on the download page https://download.lineageos.org/axon7

With MM once you choose MTP or something else it would stick... and if you unplugged the phone and plugged it back in .. it would still be at what you last set it to but it seems with LineageOS .. you can change it but have to change it every time because the settings wont stick .. if you go into settings and change it ...and reboot or unplug the phone and plug it back in .. it switches from your setting back to charge only .. It wasn't doing that in ZTE's MM version ... I just noticed it when I switched to LineageOS.

Thanks ​!