[Discussion & Bugs] LineageOS 14.1

Comments

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE's MM was not the original Google MM behaviour.

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

ahh .. well .. basically if I plug my phone into my computer .. I want it to be accessible ... is there anyway .. any app .. or being root is there anything I can set to force it to stay where I put it?

I guess its not a real big deal ... just annoying as hell ... Since the WiFi on the Axon 7 is ..um ... maybe wireless G at most .. and at this time because I'm doing a lot of playing and a lot of backups... I'm often plugging it into the computer to transfer the large backup files so they take about 10 minutes to transfer instead of an hour+.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is a big deal for those of us using Android auto. It means that every single time I get in the car I have to deal with this and if I forgotten by the time I'm driving away it would either me and trying to Dangerously doing it while driving or pulling over to take care of it.

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah I guess in that case its more than an annoyance then ... I did a search because I didn't know this was a "feature" since MM ... and they did have an app for MM that was supposed to keep it on MTP but ... I tried it and it doesn't work ... or at least not in Nougat

• Bug report build 2/21/17 iHeart radio shuts off when the screen turns off both bluetooth and speaker

• I'm not so sure that's an issue with just Lineage. I started having those issues on Monday or Tuesday this week as well. Makes listening to the Dan Patrick Show while in the shower kind of tough =P

I love being able to do a google search by voice.  Solving the arguments between my son and I with a quick "How fast does a red tailed hawk fly?" and having my car answer or being able to navigate using google maps and traffic, etc are the best features.

• Forgot to add this worked fine under ZTE stock rom

• New bug while recording video video froze but still recorded audio.  Then app reported it crashed behavior was repeatable.

• Looking to switch to Tmo next week does Tmo work with lineageos?

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm running T-Mobile on my Lineage Axon 7 with no issues.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am perfectly satisfied with T-Mobile.  Coverage is not as good as others in my area, but it's perfectly acceptable.  I didn't see anything about a free line accept the First two lines for $100 third free promotion.  I already have 4 lines though.

• Thanks hollap tired of getting ripped by AT&T

Lineage uses the ZTE modem just like stock does.  You won't see any difference coverage wise.

• yk11yk11 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

I felt the same way for years until I found Ting.  Love them!

I have 8 lines on my account and pay less than I used to for 2 lines with a major carrier.  Granted, we share minutes/messages/data, but since we mostly use wifi for large downloads it's not an issue for us (under 5GB per month combined usage).

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey drakenfx.  I don't know if this qualifies as an inappropriate request for this forum, but I'm wondering if there's a 'right place' to go to follow the progress of LOS for the A7.  I just installed LOS on my 4 year old Nexus 4 (upgrade from CM13), and it looks really good.  Obviously I'm someone who holds onto a phone for 4 years, and I'd love to do that with my A7.  At this point, I'm torn between installing LOS now and waiting to see if ZTE comes through with an official bootloader unlock and/or LOS device support for the speakers (and camera?).  For now, everything 'works' under MM, so I'm not ready to divorce myself from ZTE at this point (yes, I know I can go back to MM from LOS, but I bought the phone for the speakers, so...).

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is for you or unjustifieddev to post a little info at the top of this discussion (or wherever is approprIate) explaining what the dynamic is between ZTE and the LOS devs.  In other words, is unjustifieddev just as up in the air about ZTE's intentions as the rest of us - or is there a process that generally gets followed that leads stepwise to getting the goods?  And if so, where do we stand in that process?

Thanks - and sorry if this is the 100th repeat of a request that doesn't belong in this thread at all ;-)

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Does this ROM have the necessary Camera2 api for apps like Manual Camera?

Nope.  That's on ZTE to make available and they haven't even in their stock ROM.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who provides security patches if you are on Lineage ?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Security Patches come straight from Google,

The LineageOS Devs. Merge latest Security patch as they come available online.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Good to know. I'm debating the change to LOS

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

can we port the stock camera app to LOS ROM for RAW capture?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is been partially ported already,

ZTE Camera flashable zip | ZTE Axon 7

I recommend to do a Backup before flashing any zip file.