Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Accessibility Project

arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I wrote an idea earlier I meant to be posted here in this section. I'll try describing this as I did there in the idea.

I figure a good project might be one where either in a virtual fashion or in-person situation ZTE arranges for certain developmental parts of its devices, or devices as a whole for that matter be passed around in one of these scenarios ZTE has established where these items, objects, etc. are evaluated by people with disabilities who have difficulty with accessibility in many modern devices. The goal of this project would be t figure out designs that would greatly benefit and enhance the usability of ZTE devices for people with disabilities.

I for one, have a severe neuropathic disability and would love to be a beta tester for ZTE in helping to determine the accessibility of ZTE's products. I would be glad to help ZTE in the study, redesign, proper fitting, manufacture, and even marketing of these devices for people with disabilities. I've been a disability-rights/human health rights advocate for many years and would be grateful to use my expertise in this to help make and to promote ZTE's products of greater accessibility for ZTE's customers who have disabilities and health issues.

Comments

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,424 admin

​  Thank you for the post.  This is good information and feedback and could very well be incorporated into the ZTE Consumer Lab!!  Good idea!!

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Great idea.

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

Excellent idea. Are there no such projects like this with major manufacturers? I used to work with people with disabilities, at first those with CP and MS, then moved on to Tourette syndrome and schizophrenia. There are so many people who could benefit from advancements in accessibility options and technology.  

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I'm really not sure, but nothing that I know of so far. My idea for ZTE is to do something particularly for people with disabilities. What I'd like to see is an initiative project made by ZTE I wouldn't mind leading where I could reach out to disability organizations as a representative for this project and see if they want to sign up to partner with ZTE on this. What it would involve is gathering interested parties of people with disabilities. Then I or whoever else ZTE may want involved in the project actually employed by ZTE, since I'm not an employee, just a community member, would decide which people to bring onboard. Then ZTE would send test devices to the people involved for ideas how to improve to make the devices more accessible. Then with that input, ZTE could use that information when designing devices further along. That is one form of my idea.

The other would be to gather a group along with myself at an actual ZTE facility designing devices for disability use. I'd imagine this part of the project would be in later on stages. Although by doing this and marketing as a disability-friendly company, would bring a market that isn't very much advertised to by other smartphone manufacturers. I don't hear Samsung, LG, Motorola, or even my cherished Sony saying to the public "We are including people with disabilities in our design and testing stages of development" and "We make products that are accessible to those with disabilities and we welcome them to help us progress as a company". I haven't heard anything even remotely similar to that from them. If ZTE does this though, that'll be a great thing for them to do and I'd love to help ZTE in the process of doing so.

• sirrussirrus CaliforniaPosts: 155

Very helpful, Arysyn.

This discussion has been closed.