No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc.

Need some guidance on why my Axon 7 is no longer providing audible notifications for text message, Facebook, Gmail etc.  I think it may have occurred after updated the software to Nougat.  I've tried everything from the obvious (making sure sound is on, volume is up, do not disturb is off) to adjusting power saver settings and restarting.  Nothing seems to be bringing back my notification sounds.   Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• I hace the same trouble

• Hi , I have same problem , any ideas ?

Everyone , All Ok , thanks to all for helping

my problem was my smart watch , when connected it switched off tones , I feel stupid , but all great

Thanks again

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you check the notification sound is fine in Settings ->Ringtones-> Notification Tone ?

The SMS app sound is defined separately for each SIM.

My custom notification sound works in B19.

• Thanks

When I go there , when I choose message tone , it does not preview ?

When you choose a notification sound from the list you can hear it played.

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Recheck your permissions. Nougat reset some of mine with the update.

• No . I can't hear Sent from ZTE's mobile email On 2017-04-25 16:26 , adrb Wrote: Z-COMMUNITY Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. reply from adrb in Axon - View the full discussion When you choose a notification sound from the list you can hear it played. Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Z-Community Start a new discussion in Axon by email or at Z-Community Following Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. in these streams: Inbox © 1998 - 2016 ZTE Corporation and ZTE USA. All rights reserved.

All 4 volume levels are at 100% ?

• Update I switched off Huawei watch and tones came back . Unpaired and paired and all working Thanks Sent from ZTE's mobile email On 2017-04-25 17:02 , adrb Wrote: Z-COMMUNITY Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. reply from adrb in Axon - View the full discussion All 4 volume levels are at 100% ? Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Z-Community Start a new discussion in Axon by email or at Z-Community Following Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. in these streams: Inbox © 1998 - 2016 ZTE Corporation and ZTE USA. All rights reserved.

• Yes Weird I am a very technical person Sent from ZTE's mobile email On 2017-04-25 17:02 , adrb Wrote: Z-COMMUNITY Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. reply from adrb in Axon - View the full discussion All 4 volume levels are at 100% ? Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Z-Community Start a new discussion in Axon by email or at Z-Community Following Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. in these streams: Inbox © 1998 - 2016 ZTE Corporation and ZTE USA. All rights reserved.

So practically any sound was pushed to your Huawei Watch.

• Yes . Weird but I am repairing watch and I guess something got un-matched or settings messed up on upgrade to 7.1.1 I'll update after re connection of watch Sent from ZTE's mobile email On 2017-04-25 18:42 , adrb Wrote: Z-COMMUNITY Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. reply from adrb in Axon - View the full discussion So practically any sound was pushed to your Huawei Watch. Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Z-Community Start a new discussion in Axon by email or at Z-Community Following Re: No notification sounds from messenger, apps, Gmail etc. in these streams: Inbox © 1998 - 2016 ZTE Corporation and ZTE USA. All rights reserved.