Axon 7 cannot receive any texts

Just activated my Axon 7 with straight talk on at&t network, everything works great but I do not receive any text messages. I can send just fine. Any ideas?

Terry

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community.  Many times this is related to your APN. Let's see if one of our CPAs ​ can walk you through this. Should you need anything else please let me know.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi , Sorry you're having issues receiving SMS on your A7, you mind doing this test for me.

* Go To Settings

* Tap More

* Disable VoLTE.

And trying sending and receiving messages and see if that work for you!

• Thank you for the response.  The voLTE was already disabled.

• Thank you for the welcome. Great phone except for not being able to receive texts. Straight talk seems to think the sim card is bad. They are sending a new one. I should have it on Monday,  hopefully that will fix it.

Terry

• I received a new sim card from straight talk today installed it and now I can receive texts. Thank you for the responses.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

​ That is great news! Thanks for letting us know

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Never thought it would have been a bad SIM card.  Thanks for replying ​, and glad you are up and working!

• KindaSmooth75KindaSmooth75 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

Having same problem with not receiving text messages... Using straight talk and my messages get delivered at random times. Receiving is so random that there's no pattern. Bought new sim BYOB when my phone was due and registered new sim.. Yet still not working. Tried every APN.. HELP..