Hiya problems

I have had Hiya on multiple phones for years, dating back to when it was White Pages Caller ID.  It always worked great for me until this phone.  I believe it worked in the beginning, but it no longer pops up when I am receiving a call.  I can still get the pop up after I hang up, but I cannot make it pop up and identify a call before I answer it.  I thought that when I updated my phone to Nougat and had Hiya baked in, it would fix my problem, but the behavior is exactly the same.  I know that others have had this issue based on reviews of the Hiya app on google play, but I couldn't find any other posts about this in the Axon 7 forums.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone have a solution?

Answers

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you enable in the native dialer the option identify unknown numbers? It does not popup, it just shows in the incoming or outgoing call window the information.

To check Hiya settings, you need to create an icon with Quick shortcut maker.

• In the native dialer, I have "Enable spam protection and Caller ID" checked.  Is that what you are referring to?  I have gone through all the Hiya settings and found nothing out of the ordinary.  Are you saying that with Hiya baked in, you no longer get a "Hiya Popup" over the receive call screen, but the call screen itself now will display caller id info?  All I get is the phone number of the person dialing me.  It does not identify who that person might be.

Yes, no popup, but I get information about numbers that I do not have in the agenda, name or business name or at least a rough location, like state.

• Yeah, I don't have that.  And was that setting that I have checked the one you were talking about? "Enable spam protection and Caller ID?"

Yes, "Enable spam protection and Caller ID"

• bpaulbpaul United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

Recently I sent my phone to ZTE service center for repair. The issue I sent it in for was resolved. Unfortunately an app that was factory installed was erased (Hiya). I called technical support they said there was nothing they could do , other than for me to reload the app from the Google Play store. Which I tried to do. It stated the app was "not compatible". I contacted Hiya support they stated that the ZTE AXON 7 is the ONLY android phone that it is not compatible with Android 5.0 and above. My assumption is ZTE no longer wanted to support/pay for the use of the app.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Be grateful they removed the app from your phone. Hiya has changed it to require an annual free for the Premium services which are required for blocking, etc. I still have the app on my phone and it only partially works. It won't let me uninstall it but only disable it. I want it off my phone!